Register now to get rid of these ads!

Score!!! at the landfill

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boon BA, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

I wander who dumped them and what else they want to throw away

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great score! Check them carefully to see if they are recaps on Firestone cores. They don't look like the early Firestones like the ones Coker is reproducing. Years ago I found one at out town dump, most likely a leftover from a stock car that raced up the road at the Danbury Fiar grounds. Bob

3. 35desoto

35desoto

Here in New Zealand mosst of the old traditional landfills are not open to the public - you take your junk to a "transfer Station" and once it goes in it never comes out the same gate. So no fossicking around amongst ones man junk to create anothers gold.
    Once the yard closes for the day they process the materials etc

4. slammed

slammed

Redneck? More like Hooligan! Whipping doughnuts will scar the hobby! It is not PC ( extreme sarcasm). But if you whistle Dixie while whippin' doughnuts.....you might be a redneck. Oh, good find for the original poster of these neat old wheels and tar'z.

5. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

ha!

6. True Dat! Our county utilities dept. is always preaching "recycling" but when I try to take anything OUT of the landfill they get all trash Nazi on me.Saw a complete CB750 there and was told not to touch it. You can bet the guys that work there drag all kinds of crap home though!

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

That really sucks, and as I hate to say it, that is going on in this country too..its all about scrap and scrap value, its no longer a place to find parts to keep the old cars running and on the road..
    pick and pull lots are becoming few and far between.
    Im sure a lot of it is liability also, but the days of the 'ol junk yard walks are slowly coming to a crawl..especially up my way.

my earlier post was just to razz you, I completely understood what you were saying

8. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

That's EXACTLY why they don't want you taking THEIR stuff! I watched the guys at my cities spring clean up day arguing over who was going to get to take home a decent looking riding lawn mower that someone had brought in to the scrap steel pile!! But I bet if I had asked to take it, I would have been told once it was dropped, it can't be takin!! After seeing that, I slowed way down on unloading my truck just to see what else people were dropping off.

9. My dad got my older brother and me to dump our rotted out old trailer off at the dump years ago. We fully loaded it up before going and then simply unhooked it and drove off. The tiprat there looked at us dumbfounded......the next day it was in his driveway!

And it was the same prick that years before had told me off (I must have been about 7) for picking up a pair of old roller skates that my dad had spotted there. Seriously, who tells off a kid at a tip?! And this was in the early 80s!

10. Scorch67

Scorch67
    from Omaha, Ne

we don't have tiprats I watch for the crawler to make his push then i make my snatch.
    one time it went like this:
    hey! You can't take that
    take what?
    Oh that, I'm not throwing it, it's going back in the truck>
    No it ain't yours
    Got proof?
    Nope.
    Goodbye.
    That was at the trash dump not the metal dump.
    One time I parked up in a hole after a semi dumped a load of white beadboard insulation. odd sizes and trims. i dumped my junk then grabbed anything 3' by 6' or bigger and went home with the truck and trailer loaded. It insulated my dad's house and his garage.

It kinda helps to be there during the week during business hours so you don't look like a homeowner ready to sue.

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

'Beaner sez it all!

12. Boon BA

Boon BA

I LUV THE HAMB!! I post about a great find at my little dump here in upstate NY and Rodders from Iowa to Australia are talking it up. LOVE IT!! :)

13. 117harv

117harv

Since this thread is all over the place i will add too. Lets see some pics of your avatar.

14. slowmotion

slowmotion

Great score. Clean 'em up for display. Bet they'd look cool whitewalled.

15. Boon BA

Boon BA

Its actually "BlindOwl"'s ride. I bought the body and in the process of putting it on an aftermarket A chassis.

Thread can now return to it normally schduled topic already in progress.

16. Nice job on the tires, but don't waste money on the lotto.... Its a stupid tax on the poor

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think he is referring to a cat :D

18. I think it was a great find! Would look awesome as wall hangers, congrats!!

19. 35desoto

35desoto

yeah my Mum forgives you too!!! hang on she never forgave me - LOL

20. tjmercury

tjmercury

21. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I never have the good luck some guys here have... These look a lot like the single groove, Inglewood Cheaters I have... Same size as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

WOW!!!!! thats a great find!!!! wish i had ur luck haha