Register now to get rid of these ads!

opinions wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alphabet soup, Apr 10, 2012.

1. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

2. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

ditto!

3. trksmth

trksmth

So, sense the front looks higher then the back. Is that a gasser vote? :D

4. anteek

anteek

'37-'38 Chevy coupe!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a survivor '38 coupe that ran late '50's thru late '70's that needs a home! nice body,etc,needs a home. 10k

5. I think Mashed answered the question very well.

6. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a 40 Ford guy but to me the 37 Chevy is good as it gets for a gasser--the maroon 37 and the black 36 shown have the look. Saw many 37 Gassers back in the day and they have always been my favorite.

7. I would choose the Chevy for the gasser. It looks more the part and 40 Fords are too valuable as rods to make a gasser out of one.

8. I just noticed that OPie added more to his original post in an edit.

9. The '37/'38 Chev coupes scream Gasser to me, the '40 Willys, same thing..oh, wait you said '40 Ford, never mind.

10. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

One thing that hasn't been mentioned: the shape of the engine compartment. The Chevy had a longer engine in it to begin with, so when you nestle your V8 back against the firewall, it already has most of the 10% setback allowed by the rules for a gasser.

I've seen both made into badass drag cars, but I think the Brand-X is a better choice than the Ford. As a died-in-the-wool Ford guy, it sort of pains me, but sometimes you've just got to make the call.

11. The chevy has lots of wood in it. If that doesn't bother you then either is a good choice.

Someone said that both are good streeters/grocery getters, but they are just cars hack them anyway you like.

12. Moose223

Moose223

Hey P&B good to see u back.

13. Algon

Algon

It all depends on how it comes together, I 'd never thought of wanting a slammed 37 Chevy but I'm surprised to say I like the look of this better than most of the modern gasser versions. My main thought is that although I'd rather own a 40 Ford in any form I'd rather cutup a 37 Chevy to make it a legal drag car and I'd be less angry if said Chevy ever kissed the wall or ended up shiny side down.:D

14. metalman

metalman

37 Chevys didn't have much wood and none of it was structural like the 36 and earlier. The only wood I remember in my 37 was the package tray and some in the trunk to make a false floor for the spare tire to go under.

15. '37 must have been the break then. I was thinking that '37s were termite traps.

Algon,
    That tail dragger is sweet man. Where did you ever find that pic?

16. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

My vote is for the 37 Chevy they make great looking gassers.

17. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

x2!

18. robber

robber

If you have a choice between a '37 Chev and a '40 Ford, then you must be livin right:D I'd love to have either of these cars for a gasser...
    My personal preference would be to have the Chevy for the strip and the Ford for the street;)

19. my answer would be

[​IMG]

20. '37 Chevy, they just look badder as a Gasser. The '40 is a cruiser.