Register now to get rid of these ads!

air suspension switch and gauge placement ideas needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pride63, Apr 11, 2012.

1. pride63

pride63

i am bagging my 65 riviera and just wondered where people have put their switches and gauges?
    i am running all four bags independently of each other.

any pics or suggestions please.
    thanks

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. pride63

pride63

anyone please

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

4. 208custom

208custom

I used a SW Pressure gauge, the numbers lined up perfectly to the ones on the air ride gauge, I just had to make another needle to match the SW one and used the SW face, bezel and curved glass on the new gauge. Works well and looks right. The switches are under the dash so I don't have to look at them. Sorry for the crappy pic, this is all I have.

[​IMG]

Always thought it would be really cool on a wild custom interior that had a phone in it to make the buttons on the phone hit the switches or on a rotary phone have the switches be exposed then you spun the dial a to a certain point. I would have tried this but I think my car is too mild for the phone.
    Mike

5. pride63

pride63

Great ideas thanks

6. 6t3 riv

6t3 riv

I'm unable to load pics but I made a fiberglas gauge housing to mount under my dash with a ribbed face made out of an extra glove box door that I had with silver face gauges so it actually looks like a factory gauge housing. I made the Fiberglas housing form with the green foam for planting plastic plants.

7. chopd54

chopd54

In my 54 Chevy I took the stock radio and converted the "push buttons" on the radio into my airride switches. Was pretty easy actually. You push the botton and the rod pressed a swith I mounted on the back of the radio.

8. Beau

Beau

I just used momentary toggles. 1 switch for each corner. Easy to hide.

9. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I went old school, completely OG, the HAMB way , I have a 10 switch plactic box in the front seat. lol seriously I do.

I have plans for 2 switches in the dash.
    front up and down and rear up and down since thats all I ever use.

Godspeed
    MrC.

10. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Hidden switches on a pigtail that I lay on the seat....when parked I tuck it away....I do not run pressure guages.

I'm re-doing the truck right now and moving the switches for the bags into a overhead console that is very low profile and out of the way (and has a sliding cover so its hidden when not in use)....still not planning on running guages....I had them in there at one point and realized that I learned the truck by feel and never looked at the low mounted guages and took them out....havent run guages in bout years with no issues.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  11. aceuh

aceuh

Saw a guy over on the modified cadillac forum put an airride gauge where the factory clock in the dash went... Actually removed the needles from the gauge and put the clock face over the air gauge... looked stock... can't remember what he did for his second gauge though (4 corner setup)

12. pride63

pride63

Some excellent ideas here, sadly the day I went to pay for the riv I discovered someone had made an offer the seller couldn't refuse so the search for a 2door mid 60's car starts again.

13. pride63

pride63

i got my car ,a 63 country sedan 289 and am now in the process of fitting my airride to it. i have modified the 4 way switch /gauge panel to hinge under the dash so its out of sight when i want . will put pics up soon

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  14. 59 brook

59 brook

mine has the smaller air ride tech digital setup so it fit in the ashtray. ill try and post a pic later

15. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I use a gauge because I had the front end set up and need to know where it is in the correct place. Up or down will change the front end setting

16. pride63

pride63

17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'm hiding mine in the sunvisor if I can get away with it. Like the flip down gauges above, however mine is digital not analogue..

18. pride63

pride63

I used the original ridetech faceplate and I made 2 L shaped sections and bolted to face plate so they were at right angles to faceplate. I then bent a bit of sheet so it fitted over the top of face plate and bolted this to the L shapes giving me a hinged unit

19. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I saw a car the other day that had 1 gauge and 2 switches mounted in the ashtray, the ashtray folded out and you could then see the gauge and use the 2 switches, I really like this idea and hope to copy it, also in my 53 chevy, I am looking at hiding the radio behind the factory center speaker grill in the dash, if I can figure out a good hinge and latch set up.

Godspeed
    MrC.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  20. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

Ashtray install
    [​IMG]

In my Studebaker I just have the gauges under the dash with the rest of the underdash for now.
    [​IMG]
    Eventually I want to migrate all the gauges into a cluster to clean it all up. All boils down to what you like and how you want it to look.

21. pride63

pride63

when you are seated they are hid out of sight totally, my ashtray carries my ipod.

22. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

i gotcha, that works out real nice, is the hindge spring loaded? or just a tight fit?

Godspeed
    MrC.

23. pride63

pride63

its a tight fit with nylock nuts but i am fitting a magnet on back of face plate to hold it up if needed