Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone running Jone's glasspacks? Split 235 exhaust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GREASER815, Mar 18, 2012.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

Looking at mufflers online. Going to have duals run on my 235 in my 50, it has splits on it. Any preferences on pipe size, muffler length, placement. I want some bark but not to deafen my kids down the highway all day.

2. SlickRick83

SlickRick83
    from merced

I'm running 2 inch straight pipes on mine. I would say if you still want a good sound, run 12 inch glasspacks and have them mounted as close to the engine as possible. Also I think 2 inch is a pretty good size pipe to use.

3. GREASER815

GREASER815

I was thinking going 2 inch. I was looking at 18 inch mufflers, probably just be a tad quieter than the 12 inch ones. Just curious what others are running and having good results with.

4. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

On my old 50 I had headers going straight into lakes pipes and it was fun as hell but loud enough to wake the dead!!! But I looked into the subject and a pair of Smithys or flowmasters both had a nice quiet rumbler until you kicked it in the ass!!!

5. GREASER815

GREASER815

Yeah, just out the lakes....my wife would kill me. I don't think I could stand it myself for too long.

6. cederholm

cederholm

I have 2" pipes and dual Porters on mine. LOVE THEM! The Porter guys were great to deal with and they're alliance vendors.

7. CHERRYBOMB EXHAUST

CHERRYBOMB EXHAUST
    from LOUDON, TN

Don't forget to take a look at the new traditional muffler from CHERRYBOMB and all the other great options we offer.

8. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

PORTERS..PORTERS.. PORTERS..Support H.A.M.B. vendors...Damn, how hard is it...

9. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Cherrybombs.....Uber loud, after a bit of driving especially the 2 1/2" items........ As long as you can get away with it,....

4TTRUK

10. 1.5" straight pipe. Lowrider style. It'll sound like a WWII bomber & rap like crazy.

11. AAAAHHHGGHHHH!!!! Someone stole my car!!!! haha The car in you avatar looks awfully familiar. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. sickytwisted

sickytwisted

Is there a big difference in sound between 1.5 exhaust and 2", pertaining to glasspacks? I got a deal on a new 12 inch, 2 inch diameter glasspack that I would like to use on my 235 but , I want it to sound like a lowrider bomb. Btw, the glasspack is brand new and I got it for 6 bucks at Pomona. :)

13. PasoJohn

PasoJohn
    from Edina,Mn.

I have Smithy's on my 59 EL with a 235 and a split manifold. the mufflers are blown out the side of the mufflers now and was going to have Porters installed next week. I'm going to use 14 inch muffler body(20 inch total) runnung through a 2 inch exhaust system.

Moriarity likes this.
  14. sickytwisted

sickytwisted

Will it rap like a bomb?

15. greaseguns

greaseguns

use a diffent length muffler on each side to give it that nice 6cyl purr

16. sickytwisted

sickytwisted

I was thinking about putting the 12 glasspack on one side and a straight pipe on the other. I'm just wondering of that will give me that bomb sound with my 2 inch diamemeter glasspack.

17. sickytwisted

sickytwisted

18. Snarl

Snarl

2" pipes. no reason to go smaller. You just loose what little performance advantage the dual system gives you.
    If you want a deeper rap, go with something on the longer side, Porters, Brockmans, Smithys, JC Whitney, whatever.... and then put some larger diameter tips. They will add some depth to the sound.

19. bobscogin

bobscogin

Anyone running Jones glass packs on any vehicle?

Bob

20. ValerSterling

ValerSterling
    from new york

I would say if you still want a good sound[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]