Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 Ford Pickup - our new shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by houseofhotrods, Nov 14, 2011.

1. cball

cball

Great truck, I love the mid thirties trucks, just picked one up this past summer. Starting in on it this winter.

Attached Files:

2. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

thats the way a 35-37 ford truck should look, Iam so tired of seeing them channeld and so chopped up with no fenders they look like shit that way. bitchen pickup

3. Jimm56

Jimm56

Sorry for your loss, grief is a terrible thing, but it eventually fades. Remember the good stuff and celebrate his life.
    Beautiful truck, though, with a perfect chop!

4. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Looks pretty cool cball just as it is - looking forward to see what you do with it - hopefully the fenders stay on! I had watched the one I bought for years, and once it came available, knew I wanted to own it. The mid 30s trucks have really grown on me :)

5. Very nice, man! I have to get started on my (late) old man's '36 one of these days.

6. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Sorry for your loss!!
    Glad you are back grate truck ! Man now i can't waite to finish
    my 37 ford P.U . she look's real nice !!!

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Did you buddy take pics when he chopped it?

8. Sorry for your loss and pain!!

But welcome back to the hotrod world! Kool truck!

9. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Root - he usually doesn't, has done some bitchin' chops too (like the Black Bomber, my old '31 A Coupe) - will have to ask him if he has any. :)

10. jfrolka

jfrolka

very nice! i liked em un chopped but yours looks perfect!

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, looks really cool!

12. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Had to come back and see her again Man she sweet !
    can you tell me if the winshield wipper is original ? or was it cut to fit ? I want to still ues mine on my 37 ford P.U.
    thanks!

13. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

I agree the 35 36 has been my fav, ive
    had mine ten yrs

Attached Files:

14. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

1 Kool - the wiper isn't original, but is in the original spot. The motor is electric, not vacuum - which I would assume was stock - but makes it a bit deeper. The left hand 'access plate'/cover is notched for the motor. If you're talking about the arm/blade - they are shorter (again assuming) but shorter ones are easily obtained, or made. I usually Rainex my windshields, and the wiper just makes it legal. Funny - Oregon Motor Vehicle law states you have to have a wiper, but nowhere does it state you have to have a windshield. :)

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My condolances on the passing of your brother. Those hub-caps are CHOICE! That thing cries out for a few coats of Honduras Maroon.

16. Lucky77

Lucky77

Wow, what a great truck!

17. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

kooL thanks for info !!:D

18. pottsie454

pottsie454

Beautiful truck man. Very jealous!!

19. Sorry to hear about your brother... The truck looks great. I'm sure he is smiling down on you.. I bet he would want you to do what you love.. I lost my best child hood friend over 20 years ago, There isn't a day I don't think of him .. He was like a little brother.. God Bless

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I know this thread has been dormant for a while, but just wondering if this thing got its black paint yet? Dont forget to give us updated the photos when it does. Best looking PU on the HAMB, IMO.

21. Southfork

Southfork

Yeah that's a nice pickup! I'd like to know if the frame's center X member had to be cut up to get the 5 speed tranny to fit. I'd think so.

22. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

The paint is in process - the rear fenders are being repaired and metal finished now, and the bed is ready to come back off, rear bumper is off, and a nerf type being installed, with a couple up front too - the fenders were a little rough, which isn't unusual, but there was no way we were doing 'glass ones - the extra time and work will be worth it. Hopefully 'done' before Summer! Will post pics as we progress, should take some soon. :)

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Can hardly wait. LOVE the idea of nerfs. Never thought I wanted a '35 Ford pu till I saw this one.

24. mrhotrods5

mrhotrods5
    from oregon

I'm so glad you like the cars I build, it is very flattering. Not to mention the pics you take of them are bitchin.
    Curt

25. manyolcars

manyolcars

nice truck!
    show us a picture of the ladder bars. Never heard of ladder 'bones'

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That and it has what should be a good, reliable drive train in it that has enough poke to keep up with the big dogs if you take it out on the road and show a few the way home.

27. fiftee6effie

fiftee6effie

I hope the time since the loss of your brother has started to heal the pain, I can't imagine the loss! You've got one fine truck!

28. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

You got mad skills my friend - can't wait to get back in the seat of the pickup - and shiny to boot!!! I need to come up and take some progress pics...... :)

29. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

1903.png

Curt - Thinking this may have to ride in the back from time to time :)

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Kudos on the look. With so many of these things being built into "rudys" its real refreshing to see one built in the late fifties/early sixties style. Hell of a nice looking truck.