Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBER NEEDS HELP (terry) OHIO-to-TEXAS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FLAT-TOP BOB, Jul 11, 2005.

1. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i just got off the phone with terry

he and slick made it to columbus fine and are now trying to make it home.
    but they have lost a front hub 55-59 chevy 1\2 ton. they got it patched and are on the way back to texas but it most likley will not make it. does any one long that trail have a hub?

hollander shows 51-59 to work!

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sorry to hear Terry's having problems. He's on the road with his family too.
    I hope he's able to limp home. Maybe if you mention his exact route someone can meet him along the way to help him out.
    Any body able to help him with this?

3. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

BTTT PLEASE

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

again

5. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Damn it!

I just left him yesterday too.

I'm 3 1/2 hours the wrong way from them.

BTTT

I don't have any of the central, souther HAMBer's numbers either.

Someone help them.

6. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

I'm too far on the bitter end of the route to help out but BTTT to see who can.

7. I've used Grayhound over the years to send parts. They will stop in just about every little town there is. If pre arranged they will even stop at a junction and set off a box of parts. Some one could send parts to help out even if your not on his route.
    The Wizzard

8. himmelberg

himmelberg

Terry said they were going to go through Tenn./Kentucky on the way back. Probably won't now. Wonder it it was the passenger side hub. Just before he left the grease cup had come off and was banging around inside the hubcap.

I'm on the go and pick him up pickup committee within a 300 mile radius of Midland/Odessa. Need to know his route.

himmelberg

9. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

just talked to terry,

they are 40 miles south of columbus in xenia oh. on hwy 42.

any one close with a hub!

if not i'm shipping one to him in the next two hours on ups.

terry's cell 432-431-1445

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Lots of HAMB folks in the TN/KY area that could probley help out. I'm thinking especially of Earl Schieb which would be 40 miles or so north east of Nashville, not too far from I-65. He's got a couple of junk yards at his disposable.

I'm going to check and see if I have a cell number for Terry and perhaps get an approx route and then something lined up ahead of time that he could swing by and pickup just in case.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I just got off the phone with Terry and he's in Xenia, OH which he said is about 40 miles s/w of Columbus. He's at a Holiday Inn Express. Anyone close to there that might be able to help out with the parts he needs today/tonite? He said I can post his cell number so someone can call him directly if they can help

432-413-1445

I guess I should have refreshed my screen :D
    Better two post regarding the same thing then none, huh?? :D

12. kentucky

kentucky

I'm in central KY just off I-75 near Lexington, I'm working until 8:00 in the morning but after that if I could help let me know. Sorry, no hubs here though.

13. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Terry just left me a message, he's fine now, got the old one off and will be installing the new one first thing in the morning as soon as it arrives from Flat Top Bob. His family is having a good time poolside swimming and eating pizza. He appreciates everyone's concern.

15. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

the hub left on ups at 3.30 next day air! now hopefully ups will come through.

16. himmelberg

himmelberg

You are one fine guy, Bob. Terry has told me about you and it was all good. Your concern and rapid response in the face of his current problem are proof of it. Thank you.

Respectfully, himmelberg

17. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

They don't make 'em any better than Bobby.

Ben

18. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

glad to hear he'll be ok. i didn't get to talk to him too much, but i enjoyed listening to his stories at the meet and greet. seemed like one hell of a good guy.

19. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Yeah, I just talked to him too. Everyone's in good spirits and they should be rolling out sometime tomorrow evening for home.

20. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Thats no BS either... Bob you are a hell of a guy and a real HAMBers best friend :D :cool:

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Very cool HAMBer down post..........I like to see that if someone needs help, someone will post and try to get a guy back on the road. That is why I have a few numbers in the cell phone that I can call that will help with a post on the HAMB.

Chris

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Denise was working on a directory of HAMB "helpers" from around the country at one time, but i havent heard any more about for a long while now. :confused:

Denise?

:cool:

23. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

I just found this....I'm two hours south of Columbus and probably an hour or so from him....is he on the road now? He will be coming, probably, with in a couple minutes of my house. Does he still need anything?......trailer here to the garage for jacks and things...

24. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i just talked to terry and the hub showed up at 9.00 am and he is now on the road home. atleast ups did not let us down!

it's hard to believe you can't find a 51-59 chevy hub in ohio

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I gave all mine away when I changed the suspension on my 50. I couldn't think of anyone who had one here.
    I think the So-what crew took them all off to Pennsy.:D Glad to see he back on the road.

26. OldsRanch

OldsRanch

Holy shit, I feel like an idiot. I live 7 miles south of xenia off of rt 42. i have a shop with a lift. Just checked the board today. I coullda helped the guy out.

I'm a retard.

27. Terry

Terry

We're home!!!!! Thanks to all!

28. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I just now saw this post. When I talked to you Sunday night everything was good. Didn't hear anything else from you so I thought you were good to go. Sorry I couldn't help out.

Jason