Register now to get rid of these ads!

Portland swap meet 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52hotrod, Apr 13, 2012.

1. 52hotrod

52hotrod

2. 52hotrod

52hotrod

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

walked my legs off. weather was awesome this year. I also took some pictures but they are on my camera phone so not sure how long it takes to get into my email.. I spent less than $50.. nothing I really needed other than a few small items

4. I was there on Friday. This morning, I'm now kicking myself for something I didn't buy. In one of the big buildings there was a woman selling jack stands for $60/pr for small or medium ones. She said they were rated at 5T (10,000lb pin) and they were painted green (and maybe red ones, too). They look like they stood about 16" or 18" tall before you even began to extend them. If someone knows who that is or knows the contact info, I'd appreciate getting it.

My only purchase was a issue-free pair of front bumperettes for a '56 Chev bumper. They had been rechromed once before but it was already starting to wear thin. A $30 set of cores seemed like a good deal to me.

Scott/Gotta56forme

5. 52hotrod

52hotrod

ImageUploadedByTJJ1334433258.875820.jpg
    The weather is great!

6. 52hotrod

52hotrod

7. 52hotrod

52hotrod

ImageUploadedByTJJ1334446945.030169.jpg
    6 more hours of walking today. The sun is out and we are sun burnt, but that beats the rain. Found more goodies today.

Attached Files:

8. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

thanks for posting. I miss good swap meets, the shits of living a long ways from everything!

9. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

10. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Had a stall at the Racetrack Thursday, but sold out by noon! Spent the day walking around the track and looking at all the good stuff, but only bought a two tier tool cart for $15, and a finned aluminum rearend cover. Gave the space to my buddy for the rest the weekend and went to Expo on Friday. Spent the day going through Expo and got a lot of great items.
    Of course like every year I had that "missed by a second" big buy! Walked up to a table and saw a old Offy polished crossram for a SBC with $295 marked on it. Before I could ask another guy opened his mounth and bought it for $250!!!!!!! It was sure cool, and I know I'd have found someplace to use it!
    My feet were/are so sore! Put over 16 miles on my pedometer in two days!

11. I was there most of the day friday. Almost bought a set of doors for my truck but after a second look decided against it.

12. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

The wife and I got an EELCO finned timing cover w/o cam drive for her BBC.
    And walked both Expo and Pir in one day. So sore I cant even move my toes.....HA HA
    Brandon

13. Walked my ass off Friday and Saturday... Found real nice replacement headlight ring for my 35 Ford, bitch'in nos chrome pot metal glove box pull handle (for my 35). 1955-1959 Trend books Hot-Rod Annuals. Thanks to a friend's tip... very cool accessory parking brake handle extension ..(Moto-Lever style) Couple of SBC V8 four blade engine fans.. lower 35 valance panel... Nice talking to the HAMB guys I saw... Was nice talking with ChopTop !!! Billetproof !

14. The_Monster

The_Monster

Awesome event as usual! Great weather! I havent missed a meet in over 30 years, have been vending for 30. Sold over 300 bucks in parts in 2 days. Looks like the economy is picking up! Circus didnt effect the parking or turn out. Buses were many and it gets smoother each year!
    Took my brother and I five hours to walk the track today. Walked all threebuildings and both east and west outside lots at expo friday. My hips and feet are wasted!!! Good times!

15. My Brother came into town and we took the annual treck 188 miles south of where I live. We got down there Wednesday night at 7:00 and had a nice big Steak dinner, a cold Corona, etc. We were up at 6:30 AM Thursday and walked the track 2 1/2 times. Man the RV parking is SWeeeeeeeeeet!!! Real close to the back entry door. I found some cool things and I thought the prices were way down from the years past. Lots of great deals on cars ect. People were willing to negotiate.
    [​IMG]
    Heres a few things I got. Anyone know what kind and year of car this clock came from?
    I also got a Q-jet from a 1968 Camaro for $5, A super Sawzall 360 with orbital for $20 , a new panhard bar with Heim joints for the WHippet for $20, two new wiper arms and blades for my 1936 for $10. The clock cost me $30 the other piece that looks like a grill was $5, the 1936 Deluxe garnish mouldings cost me $40. I also scored a slight sun burn!!! We walked the track a total of 5 times Thursday , Friday and Saturday and the Expo on Friday. It was nice after doing a lap then coming to the RV, having a nice cold beer and some food and then heading back out. My big Black Lab walked the track with us for those 5 laps. He is totally worn out. LOL!!!! I met a couple other Hambers at the track. Camm and Silversink. I think this was one of the best I have been to. I wish I didn't have so many projects/ cars because there were so many killer deals there!!!! Did anyone score that clean painted complete 409 for $500? That was a killer deal!!

16. What about that black 1936 5 window with the WWs and red rims. That car was incredible. There was also a 32 Roadster that had a Flathead and was beautiful black that had a pricee of $25,000 and looked every bit of that and some!!!! Fully restored Corvair coupe for $7400. A cool 1953 Buick for $13,000. Some people were out to lunch like the 1971 Formula Firebird that was $44,000. HEY DUDE,THAT CAR IS A $15,000 car tops!!!!! Lots of stock and running 20s and 30s cars and trucks between $5,000 and $10,000. The 1936 Speedster for $1200 was worth way more in just parts!!! Ugh!!!! I already miss all those cars. There was a set of 4 WW 670 15" Firestones still wrapped in the plastic for $500.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  17. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

That black 36 was a beautiful car! I had a blast this wekend....got a hell of an education from a guy named Marlo Treit on mechanical injection. Bought an Enderle ribbed injector from Gale Plummer and got a lesson on building old blowers. Got some more hemi advice from Mike Lithgow from Montana. The highlight of my weekend was visiting with Ed Iskenderian and getting him to sign my "hat"...He said "Ive signed lots of hats but I think that was the first injector hat!" Blew every last dime on that injector so I spent the weekend learning all I could about the mistakes I was about to make! Im not so sure if Im more confused now then when I started this deal but Im learning as I go and I think Ive got good teachers. :)

18. Spooky

Spooky

Howza Bruthas-
    Up at the EXPO we had a ball! 54Rat, 63Rat, Little Jay, Rickety and I all sold and laughed our way through the great weather and cold beers that kept it all lubed as proper.
    Shifty bought a great 216 Offy intake with carbs for his coupe-$200 and little Jay bought a smoothe running 79,000 mile '52 Ford short window coupe. The 239 Y-Block in that car is so quiet and the twice pipes sing a tune a Y-Block guy loves and knows.

I sold out of my salsa and made some fans of it along the way.

Met a lot of fellow HAMBers and saw old friends too.

EXCELLENT meet.

19. eddie1

eddie1

1st timer & had a great time. Had some HAMB swag on & meet some great fellow hambers, 5 hour drive down early on Thursday & was at the track by 1pm. Spent Thurday at the track, Friday at the Expo Center, Saturday a little of both. Man my feet a sore. Me & my group made a few good purchases, missed out on a few, & had a great weekend away from the wives.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

The black '36 has a heck of a lot of history too! Built back in the early '60's and hasn't been mesed with since. Lots of cool pics of it in around 1962, and great history. Surprised it didn't sell first morning!

21. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

hi april, nice to meet you! i was the guy in the billetproof grass hat. love your work!

22. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

pir and expo- 6 hrs of drivingthen 11.6 miles of walking in a 9hr period. that was rushing too. would love to spend more time. i got a nice sunburn too. love that
    show (s)

23. daddylama

daddylama

i only made it to the Expo center this year, and only on Sunday. Brought 2 of my kids, youngest stayed at home (2 week old newborn, why i didn't make it the other days).

this is the first year i did not buy even ONE thing. well, ok, not even one car related thing. i did drag home a dirt bike and some old dirt bike parts.

still... it was a great time, weather was perfect, glad we didn't miss it....

24. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Had a great time as always. Found a nice pair of Corvette finned aluminum v/c for the '55, a cab

Had a great time as always. Found a pair of nice Corvette finned aluminum valve covers for my '55, a 1943 I/H p/u cab & nose (yard art), not car related but a killer Arden Ice Cream neon sign, some nice model kits from the sixties (to replace the ones I blew up & set on fire) and of course a couple of cool photos from April May. Can't wait 'til next year!!!

25. rileyrecords25

rileyrecords25
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was all ready to head down and meet some of you guys in person but a car came up for sale and i spent all my money on that. But definitely next year!

26. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Looks like you guys had a great time. Being that this swap meet is in an area that seems to have a lot of nice old tin anyways, were there a lot of bodies and project type cars for sale there ?? If so, how were the prices on those?

Don

27. 41plym

41plym

The prices on a lot of the finished cars seemed good (A bunch of them sold) but the projects seemed a little high in my opinion.
    41plym

28. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Ed was at Clackamas Community College last night also for a meet and greet! I got him to autograph something for me too!
    [​IMG]

29. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

Did you guys happen to see the billboard? Huh Huh?

[​IMG]

30. Totally missed that sign . Lots of project cars that I saw seemed real reasonable. If I didn't have a bunch of major projects I would have picked up a few.