Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some work from my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Oct 12, 2011.

1. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

nice work, my hats off!

2. choptvan

choptvan

So. Think I finally have a few minutes to get a few pix on here! First off. This is a teaser. Doing a full build on this one. So far she is an OK car. New owner was mislead, but still easy enough to fix. All I will say so far is chop, 49 rear window, skirts, air and relaible. Wants it to be driven! Hard to.

[​IMG]

Then on to the 36 ford. This has been in the thread a few times but here is where she is at as of now. I will do a seperate thread after her photo shoot is done at a later date. The owner had not actually gotten the chance to see her in paint. So we made a date for this to happen. I wanted to hit Viva this year so we drove it there and back. Good news is the owner loved it so I get to keep my job! HA! over 1400 miles round trip over passes and what not. Wasnt her first hard drive, but still proud of it nonetheless. First finished car out of my shop as well. I have worked on quite a few chopped tops, panel replacements. But this was a full on build. She is going to be used for an advertisement for pin up clothing as well to explain the last few shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  3. AkBillyBow

AkBillyBow
    from Alaska

I love that 54 Ford!!! Nice work!!!

4. choptvan

choptvan

Thank you sir! I appreciate that

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nice I love the 36...but am still looking forward to the 56 chop pics :rolleyes: !

6. choptvan

choptvan

You and me both. Turns out he owner has decided to finish it himself so I will not be seeing this car again. Right now I have to finish the chop and some other work he already paid for, then it is on it's way. Sad day for sure.

7. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

I'm likin the model ya got ;)

8. choptvan

choptvan

YEAH! She was pure class. NO trash. Very pleaseant experience. Didnt touch the car without asking! And that day we had some NASTY women sitting on fenders and shit. SUCKED! Wiping off ass cheek prints from a strange woman... NO THANKS!

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

That sucks ! He wants to finish it now that all the hard work is done.....

10. choptvan

choptvan

The ahard stuff is FFAAARRR from done. Just feels he can no longer afford it. Right now, It looks as though I have never done a thing either. it has been all torn down again so it looks pretty bare. Sure that is frustrating as well.

11. choptvan

choptvan

Got some cool photos to show you guys. Took a trip to denver on saturday. Got these photos done. used 2 different locations and over 800 shots. The guy still has a ton of pix to go through. So these are just a few teaser shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If any of you are interested in photos in, around or within a few hours drive of the denver CO area, let me know through PM. THANKS!

12. choptvan

choptvan

And on to some other stuff.... the following few photos are of what was under the good looking paint on that merc posted by me previously. Holy hell. I don't even know where to start. 4, 16 grit discs and a few hours later and here we are. Still not completely done as of yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are of the insides of the rockers. Thanks to guys that do work like this! YOu keep me in buisness... damn hacks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. choptvan

choptvan

And these are of a 31 A truck I am working on. Mock up to check the desired Z height...

[​IMG]

and the frame about 1/2 through frame welding. I still have the bottom side to do as well as a torque bar of some kind so th bones don't get snapped in 1/2. Not like we will be doing many burnouts wit hthe wires, but you never know... Sorry bout the O/T car in the background. Only decent shot I have

[​IMG]

14. choptvan

choptvan

Forgot these of the 36 coupe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. The 36 is beautiful. Nice job on that.

16. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks for that. She looked about the same as that 51 merc when she first arrived.

17. Streaker

Streaker

Shannon,
    It looks like you have been busy since we meet at the 2010 VLV.
    Not enough time to work on your 3 window Hudson project ?

Congratulations on your business and projects,
    some many of us could only dream about !
    Dan

18. choptvan

choptvan

Hey! How are ya! Long time my man. Yes. To damn busy. But to top it off, I have yet to find a set of doors That is holding me up more than anything on that car.

19. choptvan

choptvan

20. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks for posting. This is one of my favorite threads. Were not worthy!:D

21. choptvan

choptvan

HA HA! Now now now.. thanks tough! I appreciate it.

22. choptvan

choptvan

Getting ready for a few major changes on this car...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

Weren't you on about getting a new camera finally?! :p

24. choptvan

choptvan

Didn't realize till I posted the pix that the damn lense was dirty! Figures...

25. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

You would come up with some lame ass excuse Haha Whats in store for this one?

26. choptvan

choptvan

its a 51 merc. Already replaced the rear glass with a 49/50 rear window. It is getting a 5/6 chop with slanted B pillars. Then molded side pipes. Airbags, custom floor... you get the idea.

27. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

Sounds fair enough. Do it to man, make it happen :D

28. choptvan

choptvan

you know me! Looks like some cuts might start friday. As well as the arrival of some much needed grille parts...

29. choptvan

choptvan

Just got a link ot this finally. These are some shots that a photographer took using the 36 as a background for a pin-up dress advertisement. Don't think anything has mae it to print yet. But here they are! And DAMN is the girl classy! Just right for the car IMO!

http://mcdowellphoto.com/viewing/