Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 6, 2011.

1. brad2v

brad2v

Congrats on the larger shop. When's the big move? I may be able to come up and lend a hand.

2. cool. just had my updates. I was on a HAMB vacation myself. It's good to be back!!

3. selohssa

selohssa

Congrats on the shop expansion. How long do you think before the yard is full? I give you a week.... no wait, 3 days.

what will happen to the weekly updates during the move?

4. Parts and tools will ALWAYS expand to fill all available space and then some! It's like a physical law or something!:D

5. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

what a FANTASTIC thread! I just spend the last 3 weeks at work reading this in my down time. You guys are really keeping the hobby alive. Filthy Canadians or not you guys are good in my book.

I love the NOS heads, the 51 fastback, all the dick jokes and most importantly the spuds and steak look delicious (spoken like a true fat man)

6. Greezeball

Greezeball

The new shop looks great. Much more useable space than the old. Congrats and good luck.
    Now when's the open house?

7. Kingsway

Kingsway

Let me know if you need a hand moving!

8. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Congrats on the new digs. Like others said before, put out the word and we'll have a HAMB moving party for the shop!

9. George G

George G

Congrats on the new space,

I'll see if if can find an appropriate house warming gift.....

George

10. Just a little update for you guys. We have been working hard on the move the last 2 weeks, and should be back in business next week.

11. Hey, so the move is over, and I have internet hooked up again!
    Last night was Johnny's nights. We were looking forward to more barbequing, however there just wasn't enough time, so a last minute decision was made to head over to the New West. Crunchy chicken burgers were the special.

[​IMG]

Freds not allowed inside, so he had to wait in the car.
    [​IMG]

After supper, we went over to the shop. It's 90% set up, and I've been back to work since Monday.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then grabbed the Dually and went for a little drive.
    [​IMG]

We drove over to Johnny's place to pick up his International and tow it over to the shop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last weekend Johnny and I brought all his roadtser parts to his house and put everything together in his garage. As of right now Johnny has a bunch of parts for the 59, but the roadtser is needing some parts, so he decided to switch for a while until he collects more roadster parts.
    [​IMG]

Back at the shop teardown began on the 59.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it for the pictures, we stripped it down to the short block. At the last Red Deer swap meet Johnny picked up a set of 429 D0VE heads that will be going on, and prior to that he picked up a new high stall convertor, a shift kit, and most importantly, this giant thing that has taken residence on my desk.
    [​IMG]

Among that, the truck also needs to be rewired, and the front end is being swapped out for a straight tube axle.

12. the work space looks fantastic! must feel like unzipping your pants after a big meal:D speaking of which, i don't know if i would eat at a diner that's logo has a paw print on it.:eek:

13. The new shop looks great and I really want an International like that. Thanks again for the update!

14. New shop looks great Lee! Doesn't take long to fill it up though does it?

15. Kingsway

Kingsway

Wow! Your new digs are pretty pro lookin'. Very fancy front office/showroom! Congrats!

16. 52Poncho

52Poncho

Congrats on the new shop, looks very spacious!! :cool:

17. George G

George G

Lee,

Who does pin striping in Ed. There was a guy at your open house one time?
    I have a small project.

George

18. George G

George G

19. Kingsway

Kingsway

Updates? Please?

20. Allright, here is the late report.
    Last night Dave took us out for Chinese food. It was good, but after we sat around for like an hour.
    [​IMG]

After that we moved Daves fleetline in to the shop.
    [​IMG]

Dave and Johnny continued on with the extended 1/4 treatment. Their on the bumper now, fitting it, and making longer brackets.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While they were doing that, I grabbed an inspection sheet and started going over Daves car to see what still had to be done to pass inspection.
    After seeing what I needed, I made up a game plan to get everything done.
    [​IMG]

Charlie started buttoning up some of the interior stuff. Mounting sunvisors, interior lights etc...

And for some reason I thought I took more pictures, but I'm not sure what happened to them? We spent the rest of the night just going through the checklist, and making a new list of parts it needs. Thats about all....

21. Thats Dave Dunbar. He rules, just don't talk politics with him, he goes on long wild rants about the government. 780-263-7820

22. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

Thanks for the update. Still wondering what Dave will use for tail lights.
    After sitting around for an hour, did you get hungry again?

23. mmmmm... chinese. Did you get the "feline chicken"? I can't wait to see what the tail end of that fleetline looks like.

24. George G

George G

Okay. I'll wait till next week, after the election.

25. LOL he may be more pissed off then than he is now.:D

26. UPDATE!!

So tonight was my first night since the big move. We ordered in some Chicago Deep Dish pizza and then went to work on the T-Bird.
    [​IMG]

Charlie started welding up more holes, until he broke my welder...again....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Johnny and I tackled the front suspension. Coils coming out and never going back in!
    [​IMG]

These cars have the dumbest suspension setup ever! Coil on top of the control arm. I hate spring compressors, so we jacked the suspension up, heated the coils with the torch, and then let the suspension down and they fell out. After they were cooled down, they went in the trash! The good side about it though, airbag brackets are super easy to build!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave continued on with the rear sail panel, it's almost done!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Liam got a lesson on TIG welding
    [​IMG]

Front coils out!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now onto the back...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yea it's low
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And it's still sitting on big o'l 15" rims, just wait till the 14X6's go back on!
    [​IMG]

Pretty stupid huh!

27. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

It's great to share the journey with you mob, I subscribed some time ago and enjoy the story!

Glenn

28. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

Stupid as in cool as hell. The T Bird is going to pretty badass. Are you going to do a Watson style paint job on that thing? That would just complete it.

29. Gonna be a cool T-bird.

30. Muttley

Muttley

The only way to fly. I dont understand that New York, looks like a steamroller ran over it crap. For the same amount of money you get like six times more food and when it comes to Pizza more is always better. ;) :D