Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Art! Looking forward to the BBQ in a few weeks time and meeting the rest of the Dutch Hambers!

2. wouterftw

wouterftw

That bracket is sweet, man!

3. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Are you going to use a grommet with the radiator hose hole?
    Just thought that the engine resonation may rub the hose against the hole edges..

4. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Carsten! Looking forward to meeting you in Hamburg at the end of the month!

5. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Wouter. Even though it took me close to 15 hours of thinking/fabricating/welding/cutting/adjusting/sanding and painting, it was well worth it.

You are right Finnrodder. I'm looking at grommets/rubber/weatherstripping etc at moment to see what's out there!

6. deto

deto

DUDE!

It's tough to pull off the heavily fabricated/dimple dyed look on a traditional ride... and you nailed it! Killer work.

7. plmczy

plmczy

that turned out great. You should have plenty of cooling now.

8. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Man, pure genius. I can't believe you are not doing this for a living.

9. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you deto. It probably is a fine line, but I just needed some extra cooling and by eventually painting it black, it should fade into the background.

Thank you plmczy. I think you're right.

Thank you Brand Apart. Who knows what the future may bring.......

10. hemi v8

hemi v8

You never stop amazing me with your skills. This is going to be one outstanding car when your finished with it. Stop flying those planes and get into building cars fulltime!:D:eek:

11. Noo, i hope he'll keep on serving both, flying AND building cars, so there is a chance i'd be his passenger on the next overseas-flight to U.S. damn mopar guys, and maybe his next build is a triple-hemi-airplane! :D

Carsten

12. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the kind words hemi v8. Unfortunately I do require my regular job in order to fund a project like this....

There's a thought, a Hemi powered airplane.........:rolleyes::D

13. speed v8

speed v8

gotta agree with you on this one deto, just killer!

14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, very impressive Eric! Me like!

15. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you speed v8.

Thanks BrerHair. I feel that with a couple of months of work I can have the car ready for the body shop. Persistence and patience.......

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

What? Body shop? You ain't gonna finish the body work, paint & pinstripe it yourself? Whats up with that?

Just kidding of course! :D

17. Now hold on farmer , farming something out? :D Just remember patience when it comes to body shops.

18. robleticia

robleticia

19. farmer12

farmer12

With regards to body shop and paint, I do have a deal where I can help/learn in this process. So all is not lost.......

I like your choice of words! I realise it will take the necessary weeks/months, but on the positive side, it will also give me time to finish the chassis and all it's attributes.

20. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Rob. Looks like Bart and I are coming your way next year to the Goodguys Lonestar Spring Nationals in march! Looking forward to seeing how things are done in Texas!

21. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

Awesome fabrication on the alternator bracket. Love the attention to detail! Keep up the great work over there. I just can't imagine how hard it would be to get it all done on the other side of the world. Respect.

22. farmer12

farmer12

I had another productive day today, mounted the newly fabricated alternator bracket, radiator, the new aluminium front grill and the passenger side fender.

It looks like the radiator fan will clear the waterpump pulley by about an inch and a half, so that calculation was good. The new grill still requires a bit of work but at least it fits and has the correct contour for my vertical trim pieces.

Tomorrow I'm going to mount the hood, that way I can determine the correct position for the radiator bracket. (This bracket holds all of the front sheet metal together.) I'll then also mount the air deflector in front of the radiator and see if any modifications are required for that.

Attached Files:

23. wow that looks nice. It's fun seeing the car come together.

24. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Plung for the kind words. I see the distance as a challenge, something that can be overcome by persistance and a decent planning. Sometimes I'd wish I'd live a bit closer to you guys.:D

25. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

That looks really great,good job!

26. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Hivolt5.0! I'm not completely done with all the front panels/fenders,(welding/leading/etc), but I'd thought if I'd put it together now and get it all lined up, I won't have to worry about it once everything is painted.

Thank you Finnrodder!

27. Moparts

Moparts

This thread just keeps on getting better. Now start up that Hemi!!! Looking awesome farmer12.

28. plmczy

plmczy

Lookin good Eric, glad to see things are falling into place.

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Eric the car is looking better and better! Any thoughts on a tee shirt that shows the car and some sort of regional description or whatever? I'll buy a couple in a heartbeat! They could help not only show the car in all its glory but produce a bit of extra fundage for the project.
    What do the rest of y'all think?

30. farmer12

farmer12

Mounted the hood with the help of my two oldest kids. This job is pretty much impossible to do on your own without damaging something. I've had to add a small piece of wood in order to get the general round shape so it won't scrape along the top of the firewall.(will be fixed later.) The hood clears the engine by about 6 inches, so that's fine. More tomorrow.

Attached Files: