Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Great night here at The Broiler, A few cars and friends to spend the evening with and grab chow!
    Thx 4 making it out.
    CK

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  3. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Tonight was great had to play it by ear do to the weather but was happy people actually showed up had a fun time like always hanged out with several friends and had some grub.
    The Broiler kicks Ass...

4. Koala Kruizer

Koala Kruizer

In response to Johnny Gee's posts, yep The Broiler is a place of enjoyment.... however what gives you the right to tell people to stay away? Is it personal? Then to comment on the "group" seems a bit prejudice. Jus saying...CHILL, Lowriders, Chicanos, Lo-los whatever you may call them, not all are trouble makers. BROWN & PROUD!!!

5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Looks like it's gonna be a summer type nite tonite, so come on out and join The Broilers at the Broiler in Downey for our Weds Cruise nite. Hang out with yer pals and bench race. :). Hope to see you there!

6. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Sure hope tonight was a good cruise night, i was stuck at work ! :(
    but good news is my weekly day of is on a wed. so looking foward to next week!

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

It was a great cruise nite. I even had to park in the loading zone ;), Man, the was a lot of cars there. The Chopits showed up and grabbed some grub. The restaurant stayed busy all night, so Thank You to all that support it. We appreciate it.

five1cadiman,we'll be looking for ya next weds! See ya then.

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Wish I could have been there, I like what I'm reading. I finally brought my Dad home from the Hospital since being admitted 2 month's ago. Wish I could say it was a happier day. First the new's of Dick Clark's passing then the Doctors saying there's nothing further they can do about my Dad's pain. To describe it best "The day the music died"

9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Tell yer Pop's you're there for him, Don't sweat not being at the BnB or the Broiler.
    Just take care of him. We'll talk another day.

10. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

My first time at the Broiler was at the Bill Hines B Bash. My wife and I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Hope to hit a Wednesday night soon. Just wish it was a little closer to home :)

11. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Perhaps you need a Broiler in Rancho??? I know Mel's tried something,but I heard it met the same fate as Seal Beach. Thank you for coming out, I did see your car, It is very cool. Hope to see at the Broiler again.

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

from Adriene.................

[​IMG]

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys and dolls,
    Was thinking about doing a Coffee Shop Cruise at the Broiler on Saturday mornings,perhaps even cruising to a nearby rod shop for a distination.
    It's just an idea, would ya guys come?

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Why would I wanna see Fishing Poles :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  15. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Glad to see your sense of humor is back, but you know what I mean..........
    Are you game????????? And I don't mean fishing!

16. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Game!, now your talk'n. Shot Gun's and Big Game Hunting ;) Lol. Of course I'm game Kevin, that's a no brainer. Let's pick up where we left off last year.

17. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Hope the weather isent that bad tomorrow that way a few buddys and i can cruise down thier!

18. Makes me wish I was in LA! Awesome!

19. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

If the forecast holds up it will be a lil wet between 4-6 pm with clearing till 1 am.
    This has been a Johnny forecast :D

20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

This lil guy for some reason reminded me of Doug aka Mazooma1 who post's Adrienes pics. Why you ask? The first time I ever met Doug was at the Broiler. He had told a story about being a young kid with his camera at the Drag Strips that Cali was famous for. The drivers would say, "theres that kid with that big camera".
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I second that! Go Doug!!!!!!!!

22. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Had a kick as time today even though the weather wasent at its best it was still great had some great food like always..
    I saw Johnny Gees chevy but didnt see who was driving it i want to meet you guys. I whent out in a 64 Merc. comet and my buddy had the 64 galaxy. I was the short guy wearing the hoods c.c shit lol

23. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I'm the one that looks like Ned Flanders. You guy's were at the back wall correct?, just behind my car.

[​IMG]

24. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Saw you guys pull in, I was the one trying to keep the leaves and dust down.
    Johnie Gee and I had on Broiler Shirts, will look for you next week, still was agreat cruise night, some good cars showed up and we didn't really get any rain till after 10pm. definitely some sprinkles before though.
    Thanx 4 chowing down.

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hey Kevin!, I was joking about the Bass Pro Shop thing but read this quote from another current thread ;).

26. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

hahahh yea me and tony were by the back wall hanging out. Ill be their next week ill be sure to introduce myself..

27. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

haha yea that wind was nuts! Yea ill be sure to introduce myself next week.

28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Happy Birthday to the Choppits - Nick, Tiffany, Fabian, as seen on the left from front to back of this old Broiler pic. Thank you for the post Birthday gift last night. As always, it's fun talking and laughing when all of you come down. [​IMG]

29. Fabian Chopit

Fabian Chopit
    from SoCal

Thanks Johnny, Kevin and Adriene for celebrating our birthdays! We always have a good time with youse at the broiler!

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Youse guys are family! What can I say we love good company especially with talent!
    Happy Birthday(s) Fioto Clan! Glad that we could celebrate it with youse guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.