Register now to get rid of these ads!

63RATS free 63 Merc Meteor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63rat, May 8, 2011.

1. reddevilrods

reddevilrods

looking good & in great shape! congrats & good luck with everything !

2. The_Monster

The_Monster

hows the build goin so far guys? Get that good looking motor to purr yet?

3. 54RAT

54RAT

Hey Monster the car is running, sounds fantastic with the new dual exhaust. We are held up with a few minor issues. We need to go with a cable throttle set up, we need to dial in the trans linkage, and we are waiting on a contact to convert the car to manual steering to side step the costs of rebuilding the power steering. We have been busy with work, life, and other projects, but the car has been in the garage all along. Joe is getting anxious to drive it!!

cant get the pic of the new exhaust to upload.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. 54RAT

54RAT

Joe and I finished the throttle linkage the other night, we were able to make an adaptor plate to utilize the stock linkage tower on the intake and we got some ball and socket fittings and all thread from Baxter Auto Parts to finish it off, works great! Tomorrow we pick up the stock manual steering linkage and hopefully by the end of the week it will be cleaned painted and installed! SLOW BUT SURE!! We are hoping to drive it to the Portland Swap Meet, (Saturday April 14) and park it in our space (NOT for sale!!)

5. The_Monster

The_Monster

WOW! Cool! I hope to see it there!!

6. 63rat

63rat
    from warren Or

Took The Meteor on it's maiden voyage yesterday!!! Kept it short, just a few miles of back roads. Seems to run pretty well. Still gotta do some tuning.

Attached Files:

• m.png
      m.png
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
  7. skoh73

skoh73

Great news! Glad to see you all got it out there. Do you have a bigger pic? I'd love to see it.

8. 54RAT

54RAT

Well, got insurance today, plates and tags tomorrow, time to start sorting it out!!!
    Many thanks to glasspacks (tom) for the trunk lock assembly. Joe was missing that part, and Glasspacks GAVE him one

9. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Glad to see you got the trunk lock Dennis - it went to a good home! Hope to see some pictures of your '63 Meteor out on the road!

Thanks,
    Tom - Glass_Packs (GlassPacks on the crazyformercurys site)

10. Spooky

Spooky

Hot DAMN!

Little Joe(63Rat) is fired up about this as much as his Dad54Rat)!

Look forward to seeing Joe drive this with a plaque banging the pavement.

11. The_Monster

The_Monster

WOW! great progress!! Im really excited for you guys and with the up coming season of shows and cruises to plug in to. Im hopeful that this year Ill be able to join you guys. My little 235 in my '53 decided that it wants to play rod knock games. This is after a short 700 miles and $2000 later. Ugh! Looking to swap in a 250 inline from some crapped out Nova. If you know of one around, let me know!
    Take some video of it cruisin!!!

12. 54RAT

54RAT

That sucks monster, that motor sounded real good last summer! I'll sure keep my eyes open for a donor. We are in Booth 6138 at the Expo. see you there

13. 63rat

63rat
    from warren Or

Finally lowered the Merc. 2 1/2" blocks in the rear, 2 coils in the front. Goes in Wed for a front end alignment. Got the body work done on the hood, trunk, door and c-pillars.
    So far its been to the Portland Tranny cruise, Rose City round up, Beaches a couple of times, and a local cruise. Lots of fun, but still have some gremilns to chase out.
    having trouble getting pics on here.

14. jeephawk

jeephawk
    from far norcal

lets see some pics of it lowered!
    Awesome thread by the way. Good progress. Im in farnorcal so I might run into you guys one day in the future at a show. Hoping to get my 63 on the road very soon. Just need an engine.
    Also I found a parts Meteor kinda close to me. Its a 62 4-door. Its pretty gutted but there is some stuff there. Let me know if you need anything and next time im out Ill check.

15. A Rodder

A Rodder

How's the Merc coming?

16. The_Monster

The_Monster

yea, lets see some updates of the merc dude!