Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

just another f**king soap opera... That's an hour of my life I'll never get back!!

2. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

3. NOTCH

NOTCH

I loved the show and all the drama and I dont even watch much tv because of drama, dont care about it.. but these guys at A.S.S are doing what I love, building Hot Rods and Customs, thats why Ill watch it, all day long....

Some of my best memories in life are the ones when working at the shop/garage with my family and friends and that my friend was drama, especially before a big show!!!
    So good luck and Cheers!
    Notch

4. Truckedup

Truckedup

Well,I didn't see shit because I have no cable TV....

5. jack orchard

jack orchard

now i know what an ASS hat is....jack

6. I enjoyed the show, I wish them the best, those dudes are the real deal. Reality TV still sucks.

7. Scott

Scott

How about a website with the actual tech of the builds

8. I liked it. Cool car in the end.

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I watched it, and I liked it. It's nice to see guys like Bob Bleed get noticed for the talent they possess. If you've been here on The HAMB long enough you know who Bob is, you know that he's the real thing, and it's nice to see one of us get the chance to show their work to the rest of the world.

10. oldolds

oldolds

The show....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This thread....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Thank you for that info. :)

Don

12. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Hahaha I already got my hand lotion and chair in front of the boob tube. Cant wait because of you I have beat the shit out of metal and actually made some things I didnt immagine I could. Good luck brother.

13. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

Caught the show last night.. It was ok, concentrate on the builds and not the drama.. I think if you did the show more towards a teaching aspect it would go far, it might actually help manufacturing and good old elbow grease come back to the USA..

I also caught your "Jesse James Blacksmith" show today.. I really liked that show a lot.. I think you should get serious with Yuri, I found that show very interesting and entertaining.. Tradition is nice..

14. dvzdeathtrap

dvzdeathtrap
    from austin, tx

you know way i think is cool. jesse, you have plenty of money and you still bash shit with a hammer and fab your own stuff. i have a great respect for that. i dont care what anyone says. anyone with the money can buy whatever, bolt it on, and claim it's theirs. no better feeling than when someone asks "where did you get that?" and responding "i made it". good luck on the show. looks great -DVZ

15. randy ruiz

randy ruiz
    from Lockhart

Car turn out badass hope to see it at the roundup .

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

Seems to me, the guy has a couple of sides to him.

There is the gifted Fabricator, which is someting I have a lot of respect for.

The "TV personallity".

And then there is his personal life, which I think is none of our business.

When it comes down to it, I'd rather see a gifted fabricator do his thing than media whores with no talent ( like those fence builders from Orange County)

I'll catch the show on one of the reruns if I remember to switch it on.
    I think I was watching Married with Children this time... :rolleyes:

( BTW, I have the same huge respect for all the gifted Fabricators nobody has ever heard off, because they just stay in their shops doing thier work...)

17. People can bitch all they want, but good on ya Jesse - if I had the chance to do what I wanted to do and get paid well for it I am sure I could learn to live with myself. Personal life is personal life and has nothing to do with cars.

Hell, building cars just costs me money I'd gladly "play the game" to get a piece of the pie.

18. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

and it was only 49999 until you joined in!

19. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

haven't watched it yet but i can get past all the drama either by just not paying attention to it or hitting the FF button on my DVR remote. it'd be interesting to find out how much of what gets shown is actually even under jesse's control.

regardless, i'll be tuning in week after week just to see the cars and the craftsmanship and then be wishing my wagon could be undergoing the same kind of transformations as i'll be seeing on the show.

20. Cracks me up, the people wishing for more work and tech stuff are bumping those kind of threads to the bottom while keeping this celebrity worship thread.

Beside, this JJ thread is worthless without a post from 53burb. He and JJ are tight.

21. S.F.

S.F.

I liked it, will there be more?....It works out for my Tv watching schedual on monday nights...American Pickers, then Outlaw garage

22. amx180mph

amx180mph

As a paint and body guy I watch these shows where a part goes from the english wheel to a perfect piece with all it's glossy paint. The hours of work the paint guy does to perfect the creation and lay down perfect paint is almost always skipped. A build is a team effort not a rush with a dead line. I would rather take a few more days for correct dry times than to rush a job that may shorten the life of the finished product. No drama in my shop I send guys home for the day without pay that want drama, I figure they will get all the drama they need when they explain to the wife why they are watching Judge Judy instead of working.

23. bungle

bungle
    from el paso tx

i also loved it. just curious if the producers actually tell you guys that you wouln't get ratings, if you don't show actual fab processes? i would have loved to see the welds on the pipes(you mentioned he's really good) or you getting the wind screen finished up, etc..
    there's so many cooking shows and DIY shows, you would think that there's enough people out there that would love to actually see the craftsmanship.
    also, what do you think about being sandwiched inbetween two episodes of american chopper?...don't answer that.

24. Tommy R

Tommy R

Holy shit this is getting some traffic. So I guess I'll contribute... ;)

No, I didn't like the added focus on the drama (courtesy of the Discovery Channel, no doubt).

Yes, I would've preferred to see more fab work, learn more about the ASS crew, etc.

But yes, I'll continue watching it 'cause I realize if you want a car show that won't be stuck airing on Saturday AM, it'll simply have to have the added drama to appeal to the masses. And in the end, it's a show whose primary (seconday, perhaps) focus is traditional hot rods. Of course, I'm going to watch it!

25. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Congrats Jesse.....I liked it.

26. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

I believe this was just a pilot episode

27. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Are we still talking about this?? face it,its not going to be a show about how you do fab work,engine work or paint,if that was the case it would be on speed channel.It will be about the people,about jesse and his life,because thats what the masses want.There wouldnt be ratings or sponsors if the show dedicated an hour on fabbing a windshield..on discovery channel...Will there be a thread with hundreds of posts after every episode?..i liked the show because i dont expect it to be a step by step guide to custom fabrication or engine work...it is what it is...a show about a famous,scandalous celebrity who just happens to own a shop that builds old rides

28. cheveey57

cheveey57

Funny how all the ass kissers were in full force for the last couple of days. Now that the show aired and you see that it's just more of the usual crap, only now those same people are going to call a spade a spade. Did you really expect a good show? Jesse is a talent yes but he is also trying to produce a show to make money. A true learning and technical show without all the drama ( which is what sells ) would be considered boring to the masses and would die in two weeks.

29. gmpartsgod

gmpartsgod

Lots luck..hope they keep you on this time as long as the dysfunctional bunch in new york.great rides in the back ground.i got your back.but dont forget the two wheelers..

30. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

inb4 Walmart has 4 racks of Outlaw Garage shirts and hats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.