Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 32 Ford coupe... VS woman with cell phone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Standard32, Apr 9, 2012.

1. The fender is an easy fix, the patina will be the hard part

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Remember as you park at the Roundup that the guy across from you leaning in the window of his car could be turning the key of his happy-hog-shit hotrod that he built which is now in 1st gear and has no neutral/park safety switch and in seconds will be across the aisle and into the bumper, grille, radiator, headlamps of YOUR CAR unless YOU are standing in front of it with your new 3month old baby in your arms, in whihc case...well, nuff said.

I hate cell-phone talkers in cars, I despise cell-phone texters in cars, but the scenario above happens at rod events on the grounds and in the parking lots and last year(?) nobody stomped the guy who cracked up a nice 32 Highboy roadster?

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

They do it with impunity. What if the ins. cos. fixed the victims cars BUT did nothing for the "insured" due to a clause in the policy?? To me, I kinda like that idea. This staring into a phone shit is just plain stupid---and grownups talk about kids being addicted to video games----"happened 27 seconds ago"---like, who really gives a shit. Ignorance IS bliss.

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

We all share the insurance bill with cell phone zombies and the medical costs from people who don't have seatbelts...I really like the idea of insurance like 40 suggests that recognizes and charges for reckless behavior.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A bit of primer on the repair will serve as a badge of honor until he gets tired of the worn out paint look and paints it. Gray Baskerville's roadster has been paraded around with spots on it for the last 20+ years.

6. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

I do realize it could've been much worse, and I will be happy if I can just manage to not have any more damage done...

Still, it just made me sick...

The girls insurance company called. Apparently, she and/or her insurance company are admitting fault... They are supposed to be sending someone to look at it tomorrow.

7. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Well whatever they offer you, don't take it! The first offer is ALWAYS a low ball offer. And if they're already admitting fault, they know they've lost, so at least get some compensation for your time and frustration.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  8. fine me

fine me

:mad:

Oldrodkid - that's encouraging news, and I'm glad that you are OK, and that the damage to your car wasn't too bad...

BUT!...I too am SICK of these fools and their cell phones, staring away at the little piece of plastic in their hands as though it was their only reason for being; the self-obsessed, over-indulged, irresponsible morons that they are.

And "hands free" is no better IMHO; a lot of modern drivers simply cannot talk and drive at the same time, if indeed they can drive at all.

Whatever it is can darn well WAIT! And a lot of these cell phone-addicted people have mommy and daddy buying them the car, paying for the insurance, and paying their cell phone bill to boot. The whole business just grips my wagger.

What if that had been a child that got in that idiot girl's way, instead of your car? (no disrespect intended towards your car) I work in an ER Dept., and I can't begin to tell you the misery and grief that these cell phone using idiots cause.

And I'm sooooo tired of having to drive with a stressed-out vigilance rarely seen outside of a war zone, as I keep a constant look-out for these DOLTS and their cell phones.

There is NOTHING going on with a cell phone that can not wait! Anyone can pull over and PARK if they absolutely cannot wait to find out what Bambi bought today at the mall...twits... :mad:

The only consolation that I have is that my DeSoto's trunk has a lot of extra room available for any of these cell phone offenders who care to cross my path. :mad:

Sorry for the rant. :eek: Lost my cool.

Best of luck, Oldrodkid. :cool:

9. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Man that sucks i almost had a school bus run over me from the driver texting with a bus full of kids and yes i reported her ass!!!

10. good reason to take off the fenders. ;)

11. Fenders

Fenders

Don't forget to mention that your neck hurts.
    It does, doesn't it?
    A good lawyer and a chiropracter will get it taken care of.....

12. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

And people say never hit a woman

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After reading all the comments----In my opinion, ALL CELL PHONES should have a device that would render ALL CELL PHONES dead----Until the ignition is OFF!!!!

14. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I hope you made her call 911 out of fear!!!

15. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

That shit'll buff out, no big deal.

16. Sorry to read of your unfortunate accident.

The first thing we need to do is repeal the B.S. oxymoronic laws that define ' No Fault' accidents. No-in most cases there IS fault to be found but our fine court systems do not wish to add the resources and time it would take to actually try cases. That MIGHT engender a sense of responsibility by assigning fault. Heck, that might even encourage people to be responsible and put the damned phones down. Maybe...somehow doubt it.

P.S. Lawyer-Up anyway and subpoena the intersection camera footage if possible.

17. CruZer

CruZer

I haven't done it yet for fear of causing an accident,but I feel like laying on the horn whenever I see some Ahole doing that.

18. Man that sucks. You may want to make sure all the running gear is going to be OK before agreeing to any kind of settlement. Take your time & don't let them rush you. I don't think there is time limit on signing off.
    Last year (2011)on my way to LARS I hit a 30# coon. It wasn't
    until I got got back to Vale that I noticed the shocktower ripped out of the frame. I didn't have time to fix it & left for AZ & when I got here called the ins & told them of the damage. They wanted to send an adjuster out but I told them Iwould not be back in Vale till the end of april 2012. They told me they were closing out the claim & would reopen it when I got back to Vale. I hope they stick to their word. My reason for all this long story is I think you have all the time you need to make sure everything is working properly. Best wishes everything will be repaired to you satisfaction & not like sir whooshes olds.

19. W E Mack

W E Mack

Couldn't agree more! Glad you're OK OldRodKid--hope you don't get screwed on the insurance settlement. Definitely get legal council!

BTW: All you guys talkin' about the Southfield E-way, the lawyers and ins companies have to put their Mid-West base somewhere--that's what Southfield's for.

W.E.

20. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

BINGO - we have a winnah!!

21. billylo

billylo

Be sure they pay you for the Patina, not deduct because of it.....

22. I sympathize with you on the damage. I hate to see such well preserved iron as yours crunched. I hope it's no worse than it looks. In the photo, it looks as if that fender could be saved.

All the best. I'm glad you weren't hurt.

23. dmikulec

dmikulec

There's a name for people like that...

Shitferbrains.

I see 'em all the time on my commute, tooling down the Parkway doing 10 over the posted and eyes on the cell phone. :mad:

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

How come the over the road truck drivers can drive and operate a CB radio and drive a massive vehicle but the average person has a hard using a phone while driving.

25. dmikulec

dmikulec

Want me to tell you about the time last week when a semi driver almost flattened me and my ride because he was trying to steer one handed while talking on his cell? Trust me, I had a really good f*cking view. ;)

26. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

They have been using CBs for years and never heard about a bunch of accidents caused by using them but there is something about a cell phone that turns people into idiots.

27. BISHOP

BISHOP

If you have a wreck because you were fuckin with your phone, that is not an accident... that is negligence.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  28. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm the last guy on earth that is interested in sports. However I'd love to drive a cell phone into the ear of the user with a baseball bat.

29. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Exactly my thoughts. I also hate it when people say "It's just a car and it can be replaced." Sure, your life is more important, but some people invest a lifetime of money and work into a car... Can that be replaced?

To the OP, sorry about your loss, people are getting more and more selfish as time goes on, it's rare to even see someone give me a little warning by using a blinker to turn in front of me, wonder why they even produce vehicles with turn signals anymore:confused:

30. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

If women are so good at multi-tasking why can't they screw with a headache?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your musics not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"