Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .

Needs More Tuck!!!!!!!!!!

2. mdapperdan

mdapperdan
    from Az.

Jesse, Frist of all I enjoy all your projects an I know your new project will be the same. The copper bike was a great build.

3. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I fucken love it. Its my new favorite show.

I got the same fucken kid. Hes a JV Quarter back for San Gabriel HS

I gonna finish it tonight

4. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

oh yeaah

i loved that "dick cake" occ burn

5. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Sure, just happened to be right there.

6. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

After the guy got fired, I musta figured that was the show, 'cause I fell asleep. (Would like to see the finished car if anyone has photos.) And will try to stay awake next week.

7. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Need less talk and show more of the car being built..:confused:

8. eliguzman

eliguzman

9. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Still watching the tape.....So, Patrick(?) doesn't show up for work, and a LOT of other guys are waiting on him to do his thing (exh.) before they can do theirs.

1-he doesn't call to tell JJ he won't make it. He just doesn't show

2-KNOWING there's a short deadline he doesn't show because of a Tattoo appointment?

R U kidding me? He'd been fired during the call JJ made to him

10. SteveClary

SteveClary

I will watch this show every day and twice on Sunday if it keeps to traditional hotrodding. We need more of this type of tv programming minus the "General Hospital" crap. Who cares!

11. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

I liked it.
    Let the man make a living.
    Got to love guys that sit on there ass and QQ about others living life.
    I wish him Good Luck

12. I liked the show....I love watching your shows you keep it real, and it just goes to prove if you have a work ethic and talent you can still make the dreams happen. Also I like how you’re talking about the struggles you have faced and are facing puts the human element in. keep up the good work

13. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Ok so when dose Paul Sr and Jr show up with Vinnie?????

Bitchin car but too much drama

14. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Still watching.......JJ wanted to build something a little different from something fairly common (not his exact words..), and so far I don't see it. A maroon 32 roadster with a flatty are a dime a dozen around here. I'll be right back with the summation. Oh, I dig the fuck out of both shops

15. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

16. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

What about the wrong head gasket and the line "you never know if a new motor will run or not". I always do, that doesnt look too professional to me and Im not one. The car came out nice though, really like the old school look. Pretty good for the first show, we will see if it turns into a drama every week like the Tuetel cavemen. I did miss the first half

17. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Still watching the tape....end is in site. OK, everything's fast forward without any "tech" on measuring for, or fabbing up floors/firewall......but you slow down to explain how to hook up a common driveshaft to the rearend? You show a guy threading lugnuts to their studs?

18. tnburg

tnburg

Overall, I liked it. I would prefer much more building and fabrication, but I don't think that sells too well.

19. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

My bet is one of the shop guys falls in love with the chick from Sons of Guns, then they all go crab fishing.

20. So is Mercury Charley still an owner of the shop too?

21. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Dude, what is this? Your personal television show review blog site?

And why is everyone so up in arms over this? It's one television show. Watch it, or don't watch it.

Go outside and get some fresh air. Cripes.

22. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

Best of luck Jesse. I'll be watching. I'll try to slide by during the LSRU. Glad you're doing the show.

23. 34ratpickup

34ratpickup
    from Orange, CA

I thought it was a good show overall. Yeah a little bit of drama but its all for the show. Not bad hope the traditional stuff continues.

24. 117harv

117harv

I like the wheel covers, different, and the colors work too..jmo

Attached Files:

25. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

I would have liked to see the show pause long enough to actually focus more on a "how to" level. I mean really show in detail, on each episode, exactly how one part is made start to finish. As`far as JJ saying the car is groundbreaking? I just don't see it. NICE car, no doubt. But very very generic. JMO

26. Actually, I think Carnuba has a good point. There's plenty of reality shows out there concentrating on the antics of the shop employees and their home lives. I think it would be refreshing to see a show that concentrates on the actual "nuts and bolts" of building a car. We're all car guys on this site, that shit turns us on.

I completely understand that it's "just a show", and the producers are trying to appeal to a broader-based audience. If they think that the majority of the people watching this show care more about Jesse than the car, then they have completely underestimated the viewing audience.

The car should be the star, every week.

27. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I'm still on the fence about the show.I would of liked to see more of the build and the talents of the crew at A.S.S. We all know who Jesse is and what he can do.

28. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

good show for some thing different to watch on a monday night. didnt think the car was "ground breaking" at all, it was a checklist car full of cliche parts, but well done in the time frame. hope future builds reflect some of jesse's style rather than just trying to build what trad snobs will like. congrats on the new shop and new show! ps, is every body who works there a "manager"? lol!

29. Dad and I watched the show, and I'm sure I'll watch again. My son is 15 also, to bad he had to finish some homework LOL but I've been able to get him to dabble in the garage a bit with me.

I don't know how much actual control you have, but can there be a bit more tech next time?

Thom

30. Ricola

Ricola
    from MN

If you ever had a shop and a shop manager you would understand what was going on there. You can't possibly take the time to lay out the transition from "shop the way it was" to production with quality and efficiency, meeting expectations, deadlines and customer satifaction in a one hour segment.

That guy either needed to get on board or hit the road. I've had those talks and all the resistance that goes with it. When your in the front office and make a deal with a high end customer to build a car and they want it for a certain event or special date there is no do over.

I would tell my guys that I would rather have them tell me to fuck off they can't make the deadline than send me back to the phone and tell the the customer "were your guys! you can count on us" Nothing would make my blood boil like missing a deadline.

Let's face it. Everyone here has a passion for cars. Most of the guys here are hobbists. When you get to the level of shop owner, reputation is everything. Well that and money.

I don't know Jesse but I can tell he understands that in the shop: The only real "good job" is one that first makes money. If your not making money your out of business faster than you can mash a fly on the wall with your forhead.

Second but equally important is meeting and exceeding your customers expectations which includes deadlines. That was the test. Future forward either you pass or fail. That what the shop manager didn't understand.

To expand further as a hobbist we say, (" that thing is crazy nice or man that car is bitchin") That's a gauge of a good job and a nice car. That standard doesn't play out in the business world.

If you meet the hobbist standard as stated above but fail on the expectations set forth in your customer agreement you fail. Plane and simple, no excuses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.