Register now to get rid of these ads!

LInda Vaughn, how is she?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnod, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

I know besides her health problems and medical Bills ,that was also deaply upset that her good buddy, and close friend Bill (grumpy) Jenkins passed away last week. My wife and I wish her well, as she is one of the classiest people Ive ever met.

Attached Files:

2. She's a super cool lady with a great sense of humor. A few years ago, a few of my buddies were at the Hot Rod Happening in Bakersfield, and one of them saw an old racer adversary from back in the day who had a very abrasive personality. They start playfully throwing verbal jabs at each other, and the old racer made a comment about my friend's sex life (or lack of). Just as soon as he said that, Linda walked up from out of nowhere and put her arm around my buddy and said, "He's going home with ME". The other dude about shit a cinder block. He had NO comeback. Think about it, Linda Vaughn says that she's going home with you.........You win, every time.

They BS'd with her for a few minutes, my buddy thanked her profusely for playing the best practical joke ever, and she went on her way. Now that's a cool lady.

3. I sent my 2 cents worth askin to give Linda the car back.If alot of us do this who knows? I cannot think of a more deserving lady on the planet! She has spent most of her life being a gracious(not to mention gorgeous) ambassador to our sport! We ALL love you Linda take care! R~R

4. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

5. ^^^I don't know giving the car back to Linda. With the economy being so bad and all, I think Craig Jackson is barely scraping by........:rolleyes:

C'mon, the guy only makes a measly 8% on the buyer's premium and 8% on the seller's premium, plus all the ticket sales, vendor fees, and concessions. Poor fella.

He would score major points if he gave it back. Still wouldn't watch his show, though.

6. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

Her and Bill went back a very long way...

Attached Files:

7. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

8. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

...that no doubt continues to enjoy some good ol' "Miss Hurst Golden Shifter" synergy...

9. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Some things just transcend money, sometimes it's about having a big heart, and doing what seems to be the right thing to do.

10. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I just sent an LV email to BJ also stressing that "gifting" the Olds back to her would be a great gesture and PR move.

11. 19Fordy

19Fordy

What does "short gaveling" mean? Thanks.

12. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

1) Dropping the gavel before all possible/potential bidders have bid

2) Quickly dropping the gavel to accept a "preferred" bid/bidder

13. sololobo

sololobo

Best to Ms. Vaughn, she is a true ICON of our sport. A classy representative that has helped give the sport exposure and prestige. Be well, fine lady. ~sololobo~

14. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I wish Linda Vaughn the very best in health and recovery ! I met her at the US 30 Car Show in York Pa. about 5 years ago . She is still the same as she always was . A VERY CLASSY Lady ! That was the first time I ever saw her in person ! I remembered that voice so very well from the drag racing on TV that I watched back in the 60's & 70's . She was and still is the same Lady I always remembered all theses years .
    It would be very nice to give the Olds car back to her for a Birthday gift or something along that line . Just never know what BJ will do as he has done things like that before ! Maybe we will see that happen again at one of the auctions ! :)

I will also put in my .02 to BJ and say how nice that would be for such a Great Classy Lady of this great sport that we all share .

Retro Jim

15. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

16. I do not know if this is true but I did hear a story about a car being auctioned at B-J with all proceeds going to charity ... then a certain someone grabs the microphone and clarifies that the sale is still subject to the usual commission charges and the commission will not be donated to the charity.

Again, I have no idea if this actually happened (and I do understand that a business needs profit in order to survive) but if it did, I doubt very much that this same person would have any interest in returning the car to Linda as a gift.

I should also mention, this story was from a couple of years ago ... this did not happen at this years B-J event.

17. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Thanks. So I guess it is possible to have a pre-arranged understanding that if a certain bidder bids at a certain time, the gavel comes down.

18. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

Gosh-golly-gee, Fordy, what are ya tryin' to say?!

This isn't trademarked by me, but it should be:

"An auction is where 'u' are in the middle of the 'action', so don't be dozin'..."

19. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I guess I am a little naive about predetermined auction bidders, sellers and actual buyers, so thanks for the clarity. I never have bid at an auction but did attend the BJ Palm Beach experience.

20. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Mebbe it was short gaveled so he could afford to give it back.
    Is there any way to do a H.A.M.B. auction?? I have some real cool 40's calendar/pin up art and some other stuff I'll throw in. I just dont know how. P.M.

21. sololobo

sololobo

I was on hold with Summit Racing today and on comes LInda's voice with a little message, loved it, love her, she is the coolest lady! Wish I could say I loved Summit right now, they gave me bogus advice on parts and just said , Oh well, what else can I sell you, not good, but I will get over it, just a damn cry baby. ~sololobo~