Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Trip to LSRU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Apr 7, 2012.

1. 18n57

18n57

Not driving, but I'll be there...enjoy the trip!

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

We are in Arkadelphia Ar tonite.

Hyw 5 from lake of the Ozarks to Conway is FUCKING AWESOME !!!!!!

2 Lanes all the way through the Ozarks, very little traffic and curves and hills are surrounded by the bright green of spring. We stopped at Pontiac Park on Bull Shoals lake and had lunch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying to figure out what the hell this is, a hook above a concrete high bar table, we use those back in Wisconsin to hang the deer carcass to skin it out and gut it out. What the hell is that doing in a park in Missouri???. Kinda like a sattelite dish in Illinois eh.

[​IMG]

Hell of a nice marina on Pontiac Cove on Bull Shoals lake, not much activity at this early time of the year. I'll bet it's a lot busier in a month or two.

[​IMG]

Back to the marvelous Hwy 5 and on to Conway to see Dr Dave.

We were welcomed by the man himself and showed to the inside were this sign was posted.

[​IMG]

Everyone on here has seen the inside of this fabulous office but we had to do the mandatory "Car under the canopy shot".

[​IMG]

Lots of bugs from Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, and Arkansas. We will add some from Louisana, and Texas before the big job of cleaning it up on thursday.

[​IMG]

More tomorrow.

B:DB

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Cool pics and cool car!

4. titus

titus

Is there a road you havent driven your car on Bob?

Looks like an awsome drive.

Have fun.

JEFF

5. Thanks for the updates bob, looks like your having another great trip be safe!
    Wish I was going !

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

great fun from my idol BobK and someday I want to see Dr. Dave's place for myself...

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Good morning from beautiful downtown Arkadelphia Arkansas, Sunshine lollypops but we ain't got no roses. I guess dandelions will have to do.
    Can't wait to see what the road holds for us today.

Yeah Jeff, there are a few but I figure after Alaska next year there will be a lot less roads that we havn't traveled.

B:)B

8. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Hey Bob, Keep those pics coming, looks like one hell of a trip jealous. Drive safe.

Later, Derby

9. Have a safe rest of the trip guys! BTW, that hook in the park is to hang your trash (or food) from to keep the critters out of it. :)

Paul, you are welcome any time you are over this way....we ate building quite a nice picture collection of HAMBers cars under the canopy. I even have a place to take you for some pie! :)

10. TexasDart

TexasDart

The candy cane is for hanging the Coleman lanter. Yep that Highway 5 is a nice ride.

11. FityFive

FityFive

You're living the good life!

Thanks for posting pics.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  12. See you in a few days at the LSRU

13. das858

das858

Thanks for taking us along on tour, great pics.

14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

This day did not start out well, small oil pool under the car this AM. Seems like the top of the Bee Hive Oil Filter is leaking. Tightned it up at Dr Daves yesterday but still leaking and a lot more. Put the screws to the top of the filter nut and hoped it would stop. In the meantime call ahead to Austin and see if a new top is available.

Went through SW Arkansas and didn't even see anything worth taking pictures.
    One Car thing though, got to have lunch with MARK55 in Shreveport.

Took hwy 79 out of Shreveport and stopped to take a picture of the Texas welcome sign.

[​IMG]

As I was taking the picture I heard the sound of A HOT ROD. Here comes Chastin Brand from Georgia in his cool ford 2dr Sedan.

[​IMG]

He and his wife are on a 2 week trip including the LSRU.

We stopped to pay our respects to Jim Reeves, one of the greatest Country singers of all times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the brief post but there wasn't much happening or much to see today. I suppose I could have taken a picture of my leaking oil filter but it was such a mess that I was ashamed of it. Yes it has stopped leaking.
    We are in Crockett Tx. tonight and plan to explore the area between here and Taylor tomorrow, we will stay in Taylor tomorrow so we are there for the BBQ on Thursday.

B:)B

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

16. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

It was good seeing you today. Hope yall made it along ok

17. Spending the night in Taylor, huh? Funny thing about that is we saw a great looking BBQ place on Diner's, Drive Ins and Dives that is in Taylor. We looked it up on the map to see where it was and realized it was sorta on the way to Austin from here. So, we decided we would go to the Roundup for the first time and stop in Taylor to eat the BBQ. Made it to the Roundup....still haven't eaten at the BBQ place in Taylor. LOL

Glad your filter stopped leaking! :)

18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

great trip, Bob.

have a good time, and me and B will see you on the salt in August!

I gotta road trip it to the LSRU before too long though.

19. You're livin' the life Bob. Love it, thanks for sharing.

20. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Looks like a great time!

21. Yup, lantern hook above the table for cooking.

Look like fun Bob!