Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P ... Byron Stack ..Gasser Madness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ArtofHotRod, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that is a shame. talked with him when we first got my dad's gasser looking for help on its history. sent him follow up pictures about 6 months ago but never got a response.. the site looked like it had not been updated for a little while. Lets hope someone takes it over and keeps it updated.

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

RIP Byron.....thanks for an awesome website also.

3. Camm

Camm

Thanks, for all the info Byron..........RIP

4. 296ardun

296ardun

Very sorry to hear this, I never met him but corresponded many times on email, his site was one of the best drag racing sites, nobody seemed to love gassers more than did Byron, and he did a great deal to preserve the memories of the old gasser days...knew he had health problems, but did not know how serious they were...RIP, Bryon, and thanks for the memories...

5. carryallman

carryallman

sorry to hear the bad news!!! never met bryon /but felt like he was A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND !! anybody know how old he was or hometown ? thanks mike

6. ardyboy

ardyboy

RIP Byron. thanks for all your hard work

7. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'm sorry for your loss. Not a week goes by that I don't check Byron's site.

8. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

all things that live..die.
    Not all things that live leave something that lives beyond their life..

Thank you Byron..you still live..

9. Yep he did alot of good work on his website.

R.I.P. Byron

10. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Man, I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm shocked at the same time. Byron was a great guy, and is probably owed more credit than anyone for the resurgence of gassers through his web site. In fact, his web site was one of the first sites I visited when the internet was just beginning to grow in the mid 90's. Byron brought so many gasser fans and friends together. He will surely be missed.

11. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

This is terrible, RIP Byron.

12. R.I.P. and condolences to the family.

13. God speed Byron....your passion will be missed.

14. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Wow sorry to hear this, I had talked to him a couple of times, we were going to get together doing a web site for me. Sorry for your loss

15. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIP.........Byrons's Gasser Madness brought us together.......

16. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

Another kick below the belt. I am sorry to hear of this and my thoughts and prayers will go out to the family. When I was working on and gathering parts for my 55 gasser project, Byrons site proved very much valuable to me and obviously to MANY others.

17. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Man, I hate to hear this. I have long enjoyed his site and have spent hours drooling over the gallery there. The gasser cause has lost a true champion here. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

18. Butch M

Butch M

19. ZAPPER68

ZAPPER68
    from BC

Sad times..RIP Byron

20. Met him years ago
    found him again on gasser madness
    talked to him a few times
    God bless and prayers for the family
    Jim

21. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

22. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

So sorry about you Dad Chad. He had the best gasser site around. He always answered anyone's e-mail to help any way he could. He'll will always be remembered through his gasser site. Great guy. You were so lucky to have a Dad like that.

23. RIP Byron, My condolences to his family. Gasser Madness has been a great resource and inspiration for me aswell.

24. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Visited the site many times, even got in my "Favorites" on the devil box, sorry to hear about your father...R.I.P. Byron

25. rick finch

rick finch

Sad, sad news...R.I.P. Byron:(

26. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

Only met him once trackside at Bakersfield, and was honoured that he knew my name from my contributions to the 'Gasser' magazine, he was a true gentleman who took the time to chat and walk back to his truck with me just to get me a Gasser Madness T-shirt.

A lot of people in the Gasser world are going to miss him.

R.I.P. Byron

27. 1954satan

1954satan

RIP Byron, thoughts are with family and friends, thank you for helping to keep the gassers alive.

28. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

Very sad. Byron ran one of the truly great early websites that has proven to be a survivor on the modern 'net.

29. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Wow, I'm in shock. RIP Byron, it's your site that has inspired me on all my Gasser projects these last 11 years I have met many cool fellow Gasser Fanatics through your site. You will be greatly missed. I was just installing a new rearend in my 60 Falcon Gasser tonite, I broke the old one on a flatfooted, one, two powershift, Chad your father will be greatly missed, his passion for Gassers rubbed off on everyone that knew him, and those that visited the Gasser Madness website.