Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lonestar Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Swiss50chevy, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Swiss50chevy

Swiss50chevy

Attending roundup this year. Where are some good places to eat? Im craving a Texas size steak and or barbacue. Never been to Austin.

2. rickkane

rickkane

Try the Ironworks.

3. JJK

JJK

4. Clevername

Clevername

At first I was a little surprised to see the lack of replies here...then I got to thinkin' on what I'd recommend -and I am drawing a blank. It's not that there are no good eats here; it's that there is so much good food here. There are about three restaurants per person in Austin!

Ok for BBQ, the Saltlick is a bit of a drive (a nice drive), and BYOB last I went there. Artz Rib House is just down South Lamar, and is all Austin. A lot of folks like the County Line or Rudy's -I like Mann's.

For Steaks go to Steiner Ranch Steakhouse, Sullivan's or Hudson's on the Bend. Those will set you back a few to be sure.

What you really need to do is eat Mexican, and it hardly matters where.

For God sakes stay away from "TGI Chili Applebees" you can eat that crap anywhere!

-Kelvin

5. tragic59

tragic59

Breakfast at The Omelletery.

6. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

Go to Lockhart the best bbq around only 30 miles from austin