Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdrodworks316

kdrodworks316
    from idaho

Can't wait for the new show Jesse, its been to long. I wish you the best of luck!

2. hoping for something good on the tv...best thing i have seen is an info-mercial for "singers and song writers". will it be better than that penis head?
    look what i have to work with.

Attached Files:

3. I will watch it if its online.....but the clip comes off like your showing the guys at ASS how to build a hot rod JESSE STYLE, 'I think' they will be showing you how to build a TRADITIONAL hot rod........for you!
    As i said in the other thread, I have never seen anything 'traditional' you have built, show me something or dont..........., who the fuck am I hahahahaha

BTW, 5 speeds are not traditional :)

4. Willy301

Willy301

I like the builds on your shows in the past, will try to catch this one too...tell the producers to keep the drama in check on this one...If you do, it will be a big hit!

5. Barnmiester

Barnmiester
    from wyoming

Jesse looks like a kick ass show im looking foward to watching it!

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I will come in early from the back yard garage to watch Bob and the whole gang..Hope they used some of Bob's music........I do not watch too much T.V . anymore...if I am watching T.V. that means my hands are idle and I am not solving any problems......

From what I learned when I was in California for the one show.......it was really no different from what we all are doing in our own little shops in the back yard already....It was just filmed... You can be known from your backyard if you build something that strikes a cord w/ someone or the masses and do not need to work in a big shop...from time to time I have imposed a time line to accomplish something in very little time and it gave me grey hair especially when racing. But still do it to myself...We did our fair share of long hours and all nighters to acheive our goals on the show.....and for no real good reason...never did understand the reasoning behind a rush build for no real reason w/ maintaining quality of the build, something alway's suffers. I can do it, it just bothers me..I was even told to not make things perfect at times ha ha, but I never listened......but I am hear to say it is allot of work, and it takes a team to do it....One person does not pull their weight you all will know it. If the plan of attack is off..you will suffer The drama and tension are a product of such an undertaking. It just happens. It is up to the producer and the all important editor to sort out it's relevance and place. Only the people that lived thru it walk away knowing what really happened...In the end it is entertainment.........I was dissapointed in our show as far as educational shop floor value presented in the final product..mentioned it several times....I quickly learned I was not footing the bill and had no influence on anything and was a fool to think I could change it.....Bob and Evel will tell you...I wanted to walk away after the very first day of filming and was talked into staying....In the end I was glad I stayed...Made some good friends and got to do and go places I had no business being or doing.....Goodluck and keep it real......Bleed will be a natural at this, I think I smell smokey donuts !!!...I have no real hero's ...look up to a very few, well kinda, I am forced to look up at everyone being so short..ha ha...But believe one should create and build their own history and we all can do it from our backyards just as well, I think people forget that....It is neat to see this stuff on T.V. because most of us share the same passion and love for the hobby, this show might do great things ! ..Littleman

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  7. S.F.

S.F.

so im lame....but when monster garage was on tv my senior year of high school....you will find every picture taken of me from about the age of 18-20'ish with me flashing that hand signal because I saw JJ doing it and thought it was cool.....haha.......:rolleyes:....
    I even had a red maltese cross painted on the back of my 57 chevy I had senior year...and everyone thought I was a nazi

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  8. greaserjohn

greaserjohn

Jesse
    I do not care if I sound like I am kissing up or not. I want to say thanks for Monster Garage and all the other shows. My son was a young kid when the show came out. I can’t put a price on the time we spent watching the shows and the conversations we had afterword. We both looked forward to it every week. He is sixteen right now so I will probably be watching the show by myself as he will probably be with his buddies, but we still work out in the shop together all the time. We are building a 29 Tudor sedan for him and working on my 58 Coupe Deville.

9. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Littleman---Very Incisive. I have worked for some pretty well known shops myself, and for the last 7 years, I have worked for myself out of a small 900 Sq Ft shop on my own. I hope that this `Show`reflects what we all try to do. Craftsmanship, Creativity,Great Customers and relationships. Not Ego,Mouth-breathing and Cheesy Hype.I`ll be watching. Hope we Represent....

10. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

You flash a signal without knowing it's meaning? Seems kinda weird. I mean, what if in your area it was some kind of gang signal that got you your ass kicked? :confused:

11. Super stoked about this one - I remember monster garage in my early 20s motivation then and I know this new show will be motivation now.

12. Who you calling a Dick, Dick?

13. seatex

seatex

I couldnt get the link on the trailer to work, is this it? Brother Bleed?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. solid

solid

I love the zz top key ring in bobs roadster...awesome...

15. billylo

billylo

I'll be watching...I hope you feel privelaged. LOL.

Can't wait to check out the roadster at the Roundup.

Thanks for bringing something back on T.V. worth watching. Just pace yourself I want a full time show, not another Mini-Series.

16. Keep the drama and the non car-related BS out of the show, I'll watch it. If it starts getting more about the employee tension and less about the cars, I'm gone. I've seen too many shows turn that direction, and frankly, I'm sick and tired of them. Employee blow-ups, stupid shop horseplay and absurd schedules waste the viewer's time. Show us the attention to detail, the craftsmanship, and the talent of the employees.

Turn the A.S.S. boys loose and let 'em do what they do best. Let the OCC idiots handle the drama part.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  17. i wont be watching unless i happen to stuble accross it in repeats then i doubt id watch for more then aminute unless you actually happen to be doing something interesteing

i doubt it will be any different seeins how your whole life is drama

what i cant believe is all the ass kissing that ive read on this thread

i think a.s.s does awesome work

i think you should stick with cycles

18. tire fryer

tire fryer
    from kansas

Good luck with the show shout out from the kansas hot rodders well love old iron.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Always been a fan of your talent,.... And watching a show based on building cool hot rods totally appeal to me,.. You can count on me watching. And on it's own merit will probably appeal to a large segment of car guys. Watching the skills you and some of those guys posses will be a classroom to all interested.

My problem watching these type of shows has always been the drama, unrealistic time lines, and frankly,... what non-gear head TV people assume that car guys want to see. Even if there is real drama,... don't concentrate on it and keep it to a minimum.

One last thing,.. keep it clean and the fowl language to a minimum,... It would be fantastic to see the fire get lit in the eyes of young guys coming up (don't want to see Hot Rodding die out in generations to come),... and great for fathers and sons to watch together. Sure, some times the shop talk will fly. Just remember the age of all of the potential viewers,.... Like it or not, there will be a lot of little kids that will be looking up to you as a roll model.

There you go,.... you asked for it,... My opinion, like it or not. :D

That's my thoughts,... Good luck Jesse,.. Glad to see you hit the re-start button,.... I wish you a ton of successes and happiness.....

20. S.F.

S.F.

got laid partly from all that nonsence...thanks jesse

21. fleetwood39

fleetwood39

Several years ago Jesse took a few minutes out and was very nice to my then 7 year old son. He is now 13 and wanting to weld anything and everything. I will be watching the new show with my sons. It is hard to express how much I appreciate what a few minutes has done for my boy....We will be practicing what he sees on our own projects. Best of luck!

22. lorodz

lorodz

been a fan since the episode on the camel bike build, way back. i try to follow all the positive stuff you have done ..ive never been one for school learned how to weld by watching monster garage episodes.lol. id say im a fan. looks like everything you build has purpose. i like you, your a no bullshit taken kinda guy like myself..keep at it. cant wait to see this show.

23. Good luck and to all your "Ass- ers". Hope they are as talented as you.

24. A23

A23
    from Hollywood

Looks good.
    Shoulda hired me to direct.

25. hallrods

hallrods

Jesse, My son became a welder because of you. We started to build him a 1932 ford 5 window (GLASS) with a 392 hemi,fenton wheels straight axle highboy . He wants to start a shop and build cars. I say lets finish his car first. Good luck with your show hopfully it will light a fire under my son's ass and get him going on his car again. If we can get his car done we could have 3 generations in 1932 fords

26. hellerods

hellerods

I can't believe I just sat here and read every post, just curious I quess. My 2c's-- show me the fabraction, I'm to old for the drama- haven't the time-too many project to complete. Good Luck with the new show Jesse, I'll check out the first show --Leebone

27. The reason I got the balls to chop and section my [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks JJ

28. HELLMET

HELLMET

Hey jesse look forward to the show. You are truley down to earth person since the first i met you at your paramount shop and you came out and wanted to see my 55 pontiac i had parked out outside then inviting me to your open house at the lb wcc and had fun going to all your partys you had there and closing them out. Even when i broke my axle in my pontiac doing a big smokey burn out at nites end.last time i saw you was at octo when you drove the papal out. I hear people talk shit on you and i ask them do you know him? They all say no. If you dont, dont judge a book on its cover. And i hope to make it out to austin with my calori roadster so you can check it out. I wish you all the best. Billy. F the haters

29. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

i cant wait to watch the show but i cant seem to find it on discovery channel canada, does anyone know if we get to watch it in canada??

30. RotoricanNY

RotoricanNY
    from SD

Can't wait to see the show, looks really interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.