Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted to buy ford script for tailgate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sumfuncomet, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Hi all, I am building my own shortened and narrowed bed for my 30 ford project, I would like to buy either an old A tailgate or a metal section that has the FORD script embossed into it.thanks!

2. Buy a ford embosed lisence plate (steel) and use it.

3. Old tractor fenders for script, newer valve covers or transmission pans for the oval. Why can't it be scabbed in like a patch panel?

4. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Oh, it certainly can be sectioned in, I plan to butt weld it into my gabbed up tailgate panel. I like the license plate idea but too thin to weld in and look good in my 18 ga tailgate.

5. I know Model-T and TT trucks have the script on the running boards... probably others.

JOE:cool:

6. bobbyb

bobbyb
    from ohio

I built my own bed, wanted Ford script and ended up buying a new tail gate from Snyder's Antique Auto Parts. Heavy steel, exact copy of origional. They offer 2... (Model A) one is for earlier and one for later years. I foget which is which but I purchased the shortest one for my bed. The 2 years use a different size tail gate. Look them up on line, and call the them...they can give you dimensions. They also have Model T parts so you may want to ask about those too. They are located in New Springfield Ohio, about 15 miles south of Youngstown.

7. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

8. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

I have it in FG on the beds I make if interested

9. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

here are some pics of some of the script i have done, other than the quickie in the video

[​IMG]

[​IMG]