Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I hate most of the realityshows,but this looks like an interesting one.
    Good luck with the shop and the show.

2. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Good luck with the new show...but mostly I want to thank you for publicly calling the OCC build "a piece of sh*t" .

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

that's funny

4. Rude Dude

Rude Dude

Good stuff Jesse, Best of luck on show. I just hope you threw in a old school knuckle or panhead build once in a while for us old bikers, I loath drama built theme bikes, enough said. Take Care

5. Bundy L

Bundy L
    from Kentucky

Cant wait to see it. Most car shows have actors trying to read cue cards that don't know shit. Jesse might read a cue card but he knows what he is doing.

6. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Best of luck. Good to have something showing the talent here in Texas.

7. Glad to see your back on. Good luck with the show and look forward to seeing what you and the other guys can build. May be some of us home builders can pick up on some how to.

8. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Shortly after you said you like the home shop because there's nobody else there....I saw 1 or 2 people in the background. LOL. All bullshit aside....it's nice to see something a little more realistic than turning a Limo into a popcorn popper or lawnmower. That show really sucked. Plus, on that show you trashed a badass vintage dragster and body panels to make a hot dog cart. That was pathetic. So, on that note.....try to keep this show a little more "real".

9. pro 39

pro 39
    from Michigan

Good Luck with the New show.Looks interesting,hope it turns out to be Real, not like other B.S. Hot Rod shows that have come and gone. One thing I will say, you are a Craftsman! How do I know?I have worked on cars everyday for 30 some years. I hope by now, I should be able to know skill when I see it!Building something from nothing,Thats the Shit., Steve

10. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Come on Now! I gave that washed up dragster more life that it ever would have had just sitting in some backyard rotting away.

Also I bought it off of Boyd. Imagine how bad he would have fucked it up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JimKing likes this.
  11. For those of us without TV, will the episodes be online anywhere? Justin.tv maybe?

12. Now this is fuckin' funny! :cool:

13. uncle buck

uncle buck

Nothin like gettin the crap gone the minute you spot it!

14. I have read though all the comments and pretty much agree with all that has been said. Here is what I would like to point out. I preface this with that there is no ass kissing in this little paragraph that I am about to write but looking in from the outside in.

For very long time since before monster garage I have had conversations with friends that are both car people and ones that do not know the business end of the screw driver. They all say you have to have the college degree to get anywhere in life. So I did that and all that got me was to show the future employers in my life that I could play the game stick with something and complete it. I feel that Jesse James has brought to the world and up and coming kids every where that you do not need to go to college to make a good living. If you work hard and are good with your hands you can turn yourself into a true craftsmen that can make a good living. Now I know that having the college degree is always good to fall back on but what about the kid that has a hard time in school and just gets by while at home or on the weekends is the kid that all the kids go to for ramps being built and fixing there skateboard and bikes and always has the latest SE quadangle or new GT, or Latest Hutch Trickstar. That's the kid that needs a role model to make him better and show him what can be done with more skill and knowledge.

Now all of you are gonna say it's not my job to be a role model and that is bullshit. Every time you drive your hot rod or chopper and young person asks you about it and you answer questions about it you are being a role model. So take away all the personal bullshit that Jesse has had to go through weather caused by him or not, he has put something out there that young person can use to better themselves and us as aspiring hot rod builders as well.

Personally I would like to thank Jesse for giving the props to guys that started all of this hot rod silliness and also showing the new and up and coming guys that out there now. I would love to take a class from Jesse like he did with Fay Butler to better myself and I guarantee I will be watching to try and learn something and then pass it on to the younger generation that wants to learn.

In closing When I drove all the way out to Round up last year in my coupe and went to ASS with Piero it was really cool to see all the really nice work that is being done there and to meet a few of the people that work there that are not famous on the HAMB or tv. I wish I could have driven the coupe back out again this year but funds will not allow it so maybe next year I can hopefully with all the metal work done on the coupe. When coming out next year if I get a chance to meet you Jesse I want shake your hand and say thanks for always pushing us to do better and create more bad ass stuff that is not made in China with no sole and since you say you do not drink anymore let buy you a ice tea or what ever you liquid refreshment is and maybe learn something more in person. Keep up the great work and let's hope the show is successful enough that we can buy it on dvd so we all can use it to always learn some new craftsmen skills.

15. Id watch it for sure but it doesnt seem to be available in Canadian markets for some reason ..........but we have""Canadian Pickers"..........what a piece of crap that show is!!

16. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

shit this coming from Ryan thats almost like an endorsement!

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'll be at the neighbors house....they have that fancy cable stuff I've heard so much about.

18. metal man

metal man

Looks like manufactured drama to me. Count me out.

19. Came across you making a BAR on some show the other day that was about as much drama a I can stand - not much at all. Mostly the show was about the materials and the history and the machining/welding talent necessary to customize ( in this case a machine gun )
    Make the new show like that ad it's a winner fo sho

20. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's a good idea! I'm going to try that. I can see through their window that they have one of them big, new, fancy tee-vees too!

21. Looking forward to it....will you have the Merc at the Roundup?

Making the trip from Nor Cal on Wednesday.

22. afaulk

afaulk

Anything about cars has to be better than a show about ugly assed people repossessing cars, etc. Good luck with it.

23. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'm hoping this will pave the way for more shows to be more orientated on the actual subjects than the drama surrounding them. I'll be watching this one closely! Thanks for what you've done for us.

Good luck with this endeavor.

iPhone - TJJ app

24. n847

n847

^^^^Agreed...

25. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

26. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

It's always easy to pick apart someone that can do what you only wish you could. Jesse is super talented and whenever I see the stuff he builds it just makes me work harder to improve what I do. Can't wait to see what you guys do.

27. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Man....
    I really don't know how to respond to this. All kidding and shit talking aside it is comments like this that keep me pushing myself to do what I do. I never set out to inspire anyone. I was just some broke ass white trash kid from Long Beach/Riverside that wanted cool stuff. I could never afford to buy, so I had to learn how to make it with my hands. In turn I found my purpose in life.

Devoting my life to fabrication and welding was not considered and wise choice to support a family in the early 1990's. I pushed on and made it wise.
    I am so glad that many kids now look at trade skills as something respectable. The days of welders, pipe-fitters, diesel mechanics, structural steel builders, Autoworkers, and plain old Hot Rod builders being looked down upon is Long Gone.

And Ron you are very correct. A lot of kids are never going to go to college. The can sure as hell pick up a welding torch and make $25 bucks per hour. Holding their heads high because they are what makes this country great.

28. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Yep she will be there in all her Aluminum Radiator Glory..

29. 53floored

53floored
    from kansas

Jesse Ive admired what you can do with a welder and metal, or well metal and anything.... Ive never built a bike in my life but maybe at some point I would... But Ive built a few cars and im glad that youve turned your attention to building rods... And no matter your success in life youve always had the same attitude of F*** it I will learn to build it then do it ... Yeah Monster Garage was corny at times but you know what? It was still better than any show not car related at the time during prime time tv... Im just glad to see a Hot Rod show that focuses on the basics of hot rodding and rolling down the road in something you built thats simple and fun, and not necessarily what you could buy with the deepest pockets...

30. My wife will be very happy..... :D

See you there :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.