Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

hehe

[​IMG]

2. Dave50

Dave50

I`ll be watching Goodluck hope it all works out do what you do best and what you love, dont let the producers mess it up. F&$ck all the haters there just jealous.

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jessie,
    Your a bad boy:D
    Gasser Girl

4. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Thanks Jim..

[​IMG]

5. Gator

Gator

[​IMG]

^^^ That's how a lot of the 'Jesse James' threads end - haha.

I think I'll actually watch it before I decide if it sucks or not - it's gotta be better than 'real desperate bridesmaids of maricopa county' or whatever my old lady's usually got on.

6. farna

farna

Looks like it will be a good show. Gotta have some drama to keep the producers happy, but looks like it will be kept "real". Hey, if I took over a shop I'd like to see what the work crew I inherited could do too! That 30 day project might create some drama, but at least it's not just for the sake of creating drama -- you get some useful work and insight out of it.

7. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

looks good, I will watch-

8. THREE ROOMS DEEP

THREE ROOMS DEEP

Just make the show reality, do builds for the everyday man not the filthy rich high rollers (they do pay the bills though) or people who dont even pay for the builds at all (like overhaulin). I'm sure that the show will get media attention especially from the rags that will try and continue to vilify you, set that aside and work the produces and production staff like dogs. And of course please do a 55 Chevy gasser build, like 10-15 percent engine set back cut cowl straight axle pie crust slicks and glass nose for me!!!
    And last but not least be humble

9. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

ME "BAD"??

No way! That's just the media.

I'm an Angel.

[​IMG]

10. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Now this is like the H.A.M.B, that I remember, THANKS Jesse for this!:D:D;)

Nick.

11. Nope won't be watching. Something about working 11-12 hour 3rd shifts and then coming home and trying to work on my own shit that gets in the way of watching t.v. shows. Good luck to you down the road.......

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We who aren't in the TV show world don't know all that goes on behind the scenes, and how much influence you will have on the actual show, Jesse. It could be that you can keep the show focused, and it could also be that the Hollywood guys call the final shots and do what they want to do. I hope it is the former and that you can keep them from turning it into another Pimp my Ride, American Chopper, or Car Warriors.

As far as what we car loving viewers would love to see, it would be a show with zero drama, no temper tantrums, no beating up on fellow workers (keep that stuff behind closed doors) and no balloon rides or shooting cannons to blow up things. God knows we have enough of those shows now.

If you look at the few shows worth watching, like Hot Rod TV, they are produced well and have no or very little fluff and BS content. Please use whatever pull you have to make it a show families can watch and where we hot rodders can see craftsmen at their best, turning out cars that we can relate to. A show that accomplishes that will have us watching every week and loving it.

The one Monster Garage show that everyone agrees was really worth watching and that we all remember is the one with all the Greats building that 54 Chevy. No drama, a lot of mutual respect between guys who really know their stuff, and a finished product that all of us would love to have. If you copy that show to a T you will have a hit. It was also nice to see you have some humility, being in the presence of those legends. It showed your human side, as opposed to the bad boy image you sometimes portray.

Don

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  13. Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks Jesse.

14. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Bout fucking time you got your ass to work. Wish you the best.. Looking forward to it. Only thing good on tv is Ice Pilots.. And thats on the weather channel.

15. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Like your pitch for the new show, and look forward to anything that comes out of A.S.S. Gary

16. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

I can't wait to watch it! On to the next chapter!

17. Looking forward to it Jesse... DVR is set!

18. slammed

slammed

Bob Bleed earned a raise in pay.

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Reality TV is a cancerous worm that has been crawling through the population for far too many years now. It eats brains and shits dumb. I loathe reality TV in a way that can't possibly be put into words. No, seriously... I can't stand the shit.

But, I'm a Reality TV expert. My shop TV is stuck on the Discovery channel.... So I spend my days fighting it off in an effort to keep my intelligence. It's a brutal battle. I'm lucky to be a live.

All that said, if this show goes like the clip posted - Hell, I might watch it without my aluminum foil hat. Seriously. That's wasn't all that bad.

20. SWANKEY1

SWANKEY1
    from Venice ca

jesse you are a true craftsman and a master fabricator

Gottta love them cochinas

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to see you back working, and showing the world.

Now I need to get me one of them TV things, and some of them cables.:rolleyes:

22. deto

deto

Mom? Mom!

23. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

All the best on the new show. I really hope it works.

From my perspective the shows on now are either all drama ( a well covered gripe in this thread) or worse, one big promo complete with product placement and a sales pitch.

I doubt that we're large enough as a group to make or break the success of any mainstream show. But I hope I'm wrong.

24. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

It's gona take a long time to get the image of Ryan sitting in his shop with an aluminum foil hat on..........out of my head!

25. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Thanx Man...

[​IMG]

26. Beau

Beau

Awesome! I might even get cable to see it.

Proud to see a Minnesota boy in there.

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I wanna know what ever happened to Whitey's frame. He told me that he sold the frame and you guys were going to finish the build for a client. Was that ever finished? Any fancy pics of that Jesse?

And while we're on the subject, what the hell happened to Whitey? He finally returned my call after a about 8 months and said "sorry bro I was fly fishing" hahahah!!!! Now he's in Oregon?

28. Can't wait to watch the show. Super happy for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

29. Philbilly

Philbilly

Good luck with the show! I'm glad to see you back on tv. I'll definitely will be watching. You're very talented and I've always been a fan of yours since the first motorcycle mania. I hope to be able to finally meet you at the roundup!

30. I'm not going to jump on here and pretend I know you, or anything about your life, or about producing a TV show..but it would be great to have something else on TV to watch, instead of most of the crap on now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.