Register now to get rid of these ads!

SW Gauges w/ Bezel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tommy R, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Tommy R

Tommy R

Hey y'all,

A friend of mine had this and offered it to me. The sale price is still TBD since neither of us know the value. It appears to be a Chevy(?) dash piece, but someone added a piece of aluminum behind it to mount the Stewart Warner gauges. Amp meter, oil pressure, water temp, fuel level, and speedo. No clue if any of them work, nor do I know what's involved in getting them rebuilt. I'm primarily only interested in the gauges since that's what I want in my A V8 project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So anyone have any input on these? Are they worth buying/restoring or are they too far gone? Did I stumble onto a gold mine? ;) Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tommy

2. Tommy R

Tommy R

Anybody got a clue if these are worth saving?

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

The sending units been cut on the temp gauge, so it's pretty much not worth anything. The others you can pick up at swap meets for $5-$10 apiece. The speedometer maybe $50 tops, and that's if it works.

4. That 160 mph speedo is pretty cool. I agree with BB on the prices.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The fuel gauge, the hour meter and the speedometer are S-W. The other two are not. The Chevy dash piece looks to be a 55/56/57 Chevy pickup part.

The Speedometer is 25 to 40 dollars ( on a good day ) at the swap meet. The pressure meter ... is most likely non functional but if it works 15/20 dollars tops. The fuel gauge is a 15 dollar piece MAX ... IMHO.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  6. Tommy R

Tommy R

Thanks a lot for the input! I hadn't gotten to the point in my project where I needed to consider gauges so I had no idea how much S-W stuff was going for, in working order or not. Looks like this may not be worth making an offer, though the 160 speedo would be kinda neat.

I assume the Chevy dash bit isn't be worth much, if anything?

7. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Some of those look industrial, not worth messing with. The others are common, cheap, and easy to find in better condition. Looks like a wall hanger to me.

8. BJR

BJR

Hour Meter?

9. titus

titus

Its hard to tell from the pic but if the speedo is like the one pictured with the stewart warner lettering on the bottom its worth more than $40.

Attached Files:

10. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree. Price would depend on functionality & appearance. If the speedometer cleans up real nice, and works correctly, it'd be up in the $100 range.