Register now to get rid of these ads!

need advice about a deal gone bad??? what would you do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by miky2001, Apr 6, 2012.

1. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Yep, buyers can be really silly sometimes.

I sold an old oil bath air cleaner on Ebay. I had cleaned all the old oil out of it but but had not done anything spetacular.

I listed it up as a no reserve auction starting at $1.00. Description was 1938 oil bath air cleaner as is. With several pictures.

It never went over one dollar but I honered the sale and shipped it to the guy.

He paid the shipping, around $10.

Next thing I notice is a feedback that says,

pin hole in bottom of oil bath air cleaner, was not in description, NUFF SAID!!!

He did give me five stars though.

I sent him a message stating

I did not know it had a pin hole in it and if I had I would have posted it in the description or fixed it first. I will gladly refund your $1.00 and the shipping charge. Please pay the shipping to return it.

He sent back

I already had it fixed so not a big deal.

I asked him why he hadn't contacted me before leaving the negative feedback.

Never got an answer.

Some people are just dicks no matter what you do.

2. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

Things I learned years ago...
    1. "Corvette Guys"- in particular the guys who restore them, are among the fussiest, most stuck up, anal-retentive pricks you'll ever have the displeasure of meeting in your life. When I was parting out '60's Chevys a few years ago, I learned pretty quickly who was who in my area and knew who's calls I'd not be returning. I'd rather not make a sale than put up with a class-A douchebag. Life's too short!

2. Ebay sounds like a good idea, but in reality, it isn't. Not only because the troll types can mess up your feedback, but because many people seemingly don't know how to read the descriptions. Without fail, I would have several color photographs, and list the color (by its factory name) of whatever part I had listed. Guess what the most frequent question I would get in those cases was? "Huh.....what color is that?"

3. jimvette59

jimvette59

If he has a problem with them let him send them back postage paid both ways. I wouldn't worry about your reputation I think his took a beating. I have owned my corvette for over 40 years and wouldn't pass those wheels up. I think he is looking for a set of NOS wheels for he cost of used ones. JMHO.

4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Damn kids..

[​IMG]

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

That is FUNNY!^^^^^^^^

6. todztoyz

todztoyz

Kids gonna ruin those wheels!!

The vette guy is a dick. Simple as that. And it has nothing to do with ebay.

7. trksmth

trksmth

The vette guy is a dick. Simple as that. And it has nothing to do with ebay.[/QUOTE]

Well said!

8. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

'vette people and fiberglass boat people have sucked entirely too many fiberglass material fumes over the years, let him pay shipping to return, he f'ed up and is putting you on a guilt trip.

9. I agree with redlinetoys.......

10. take them back with a restocking fee your time is worth something. i wont even deal with vette guys unless i know them real good and they have proven they are not a dick. most think their shi* dont stink and their cars are slow. 40 grand and 40 miles dont make you a hot roder.

11. miky2001

miky2001
    from houston

well the "flocock" finally replied and agreed the wheels are good to go. he actully thanked me for posting the issue here as the solution to his dilemna was answered here with the centering washers.

hamb to the rescue one more time, thnaks fellas!

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Good deal for everyone involved. Great buy on the wheels for him and you can rest easy.

Carry on men!

13. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Seriously, did they really need the washers? Who here would have just bolted them on and been done?