Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainhater1, Apr 7, 2012.

1. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

been in Sydney for 5 days and haven't seen one street- hot- or anyother type of car. Whats up?????????????????????

2. All the sensible folk (that is us rodders) are off the road because the police have enforced Double Demerits and the roads are full of manic holidaymakers in their SUV's trying to get out of Sydney. Sunday is usually the day the boys come out to play...

3. Wrong state, Melbourne is the place to be :) You still have to find them though, we get treated like drug dealers in this country!......and the drug dealers walk around without a care hahahahhaa there is no money in catching real criminals.

4. 1938ute

1938ute
    from australia

There's Combined State Rod run in Goulburn NSW this weekend and next weekend is the Big River Nationals in SA.
    Cheers Steve

5. From when I was 20, to now being 40 I think I would be lucky to see 5% of the old and interesting cars I used to see. You no longer just see them driving around, you have to hunt them down and keep an eye out for shows or meets,...it's a shame.

I am sure you will find plenty of other ways to keep yourself entertained in Sydney!!

6. That's it exactly hahaha..........last weekend there was plenty about for the Castlemaine Swap Meet.
    Wrong state and the wrong time i'm afraid :)

7. norton58

norton58

They're a weird mob in Sydney. They get 35,000 to their rugby grand final and 280,000 to their gay mardi gras.............stay there long enough and you'll end up sipping latte at the Five-In-Hand Cafe.

8. Hey Norton, at least our footballers don't have those sissy shirts & tight shorts like your guys, always climbing up each others backs..........lol........Rainhater........head out to the western suburbs of Sydney......thats where the majority of the hotties live now.........andyd

9. jimbob

jimbob

All of the Sydney boys have probably gone to Narrandra for Easter, or up the coast to get one last surf in before winter sets in!

10. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Worked and lived in Sydney for 8 years and rarely saw many cars out and about though know of quite a few tucked away.

As Andy said, you need to be a "Westy" out near Blacktown, Paramatta or Silverdale. Lots hidden out there. All you'll find in Sydney is big money Street Rods and over priced EH and HR Holdens.

Could go to the drags at Sydney Dragway at Eastern Creek. Here's their link

http://www.sydneydragway.com.au/?m=content&id=13

I wouldn't suggest too many Latta's on Oxford Street either as you'll defo have someone climbing on your back wanting to play with your balls

If you surf pop down to Cronulla. Used to live their and a lovely place. Would say Maroubra but unless you know the locals don't even think about jumping in the water.

Ah happy days....................

11. Dr_X

Dr_X

Damn gasolinescream, where did you get that avatar pic? I want that as a poster.

12. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

hahahahah

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Best thing about Sydney it's in NSW and separates us Queenslanders from the Victorians (Mexicans) :D

14. Deuces

Deuces

In the 60's I lived about 50 miles south of Sydney... I can't recall ever seeing a hotrod.... Till I moved here too the States.... Lots of beach to swim and surf, but no hotrods...:(
    Here's our old home on Barbara Ave. in Warrawong...

Attached Files:

15. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

I have my citizenship and can go back one day soon hopefully. I came back to look after my Mum who's had cancer among other things. Since first replying i've been thinking about the place and how i miss cruising around in my old HR Wagon. Having lived there and knowing what i do i think i'd tend to live in the South Sydney area. Loved it in that area and folks seem more laid back.

Rainhater if you get chance drive down the Princes Highway and spend some time around there. Lovely beaches and amazing seafood. Manly is nice and only a ferry ride from the city. Always said Sydney is like London just with shit beaches, okay if you like that 24/7 swanky city living life.The Eastern suburbs beaches like Bondi or Coogee are just full of backpackers and tourists so don't waste your time there. Either way Sydney is a great place just hire a car and get out of the city.

Enjoy!!!

p.s DR X your wish is my command. Check your pm as i've sent you that pic;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  16. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Deuces i thought that name rang a bell. I used to have friends in Kiama just south of Warrawong and used to drive through that area quite often. Definatly a quieter, nicer life there just too far south for working in Sydney.

Enough talk, don't want to hi-jack the post

Happy days though:cool:

17. Dr_X

Dr_X

Thanks, gasolinescream.

18. Retroline

Retroline

Go to Sydney at night if its music you want to see, day time is not for hot rods. Go out west where the roads are less congested and you can park for free, or for that matter even park. Most hotrodding is out towards the southern or western suburbs. The city is now home to muesli munching bicycle riders who frown upon us planet polluting carbon foot-printers.

19. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

,,,Have you Googal street viewed that address ,what does it look like now,,,

20. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

maybe they're up at byron bay at bluesfest seeing setzers rockabilly riot like we did last nite

21. srs1

srs1

Ha!! I had to google it myself this morning. It's a good one

22. Deuces

Deuces

My sister was born at Port Kembla Hospital just behind that house up on the hill... I did a Google street search and got a picture of what the house looks like today...:) We left there for the States in March of '71.... It sure looks different... :(

Attached Files:

23. Deuces

Deuces

The roofline is the same and I could see the Hospital where my little sister was born in Sep.'66 in the background.. Lots has changed over the years.. :(
    I would love to go back down there just to visit for a while... Mom tells me we still have friends down there...:)

24. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Thanks for all the come back. The dam hotel charges a arm and leg for the wifi so haven't spent much time on here. Leaving in the AM but enjoyed the visit.

25. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

,,,It seems every time you open your mouth ,,,shit comes out,,,

26. Hahaha :p

If theres a hot rod and custom scene down there, i'd honestly love to hear what its like!

If anyone from there has any old timey pictures and stuff to post up you should enlighten everyone else!

Jesus, people take me waaaaaay too seriously :D

27. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha Ha Ha here's what they build in QLD.:p

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      268.7 KB
      Views:

28. :eek: Oh boy! That's me outta here!

Good night!

CM

29. Hahahaha i've seen that before! Bloody horrible. I'm super jealous of the Victorian guys, seems like all the young blokes down there have fucking awesome cars! We don't get anything cool up here.

30. jimbob

jimbob

Oh boy, you have not really learnt from your past experiences on forums have you!