Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Mickey Thompson Speed Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55Bomber, Dec 17, 2008.

1. backnda60s

backnda60s
    from bham,ala

does anyone know where to get the cam gear that drove the distributor on the M/T offset cover for the sbf ,,,,and the crank seal number? thanks

2. grazy

grazy

I just sold a very early timing cover that came off of a 283 Chevy labeled THOMPSON only .Guy that had it ran it in early 60's with Hilborn injection in a 32 3-window . Cool piece ( SORRY NO PICTURES ) but I'm Ford guy I know Mickey was tied in close with Pontiac did he do much Ford stuff ?

3. Muttley

Muttley

Yes, tons.

[​IMG]

4. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

Looking for old school aluminum valve covers for my 429, any good sites? Not looking for any particular brand.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  5. pontman

pontman

Will the 70's work for old school? If so look on e-bay, automotive vintage speed parts, then search Mickey Thompson. You will find more than you need if you look enough!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  6. pontman

pontman

I bought one at the Spokane, WA. swap meet for 10 bucks. Mine is cast iron, Same with yours? I will buy your header cap story for nothing, but it sounds good to me.

7. Yes, cast iron.

8. pontman

pontman

This Mickey Thompson injector hat is on e-bay right now. High bid as of 9/13 is $355. Bidding ends on 9/18. I bet it goes over the $500 mark.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  9. boutlaw

boutlaw

I've got a M/T crossram intake for the FE I'll be installing in the 31. Finally got the distributor machined to fit as the intake requires a short drive adapter to be run between the manifold and the block. The adapter has the distributor drive gear, and the distributor used just uses the stock shaft that sticks through the shaft hole in the manifold and into the top of the adapter. The only problem with mine is that some genius machined off the M/T logo on top of the manifold.
    Does anyone know if M/T ever made an aluminum front cover for the Ford FE engine family?

10. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

ThiS thread is rad, thanks.

11. Algon

Algon

Boutlaw, If you look at the 64 catalog cover Muttley posted above the engine is a FE with the finned M/T timing cover which were also made with marine mount "legs"

What is often lost is that M/T got serious about making parts for the Ford FE and SBF due to the GM racing ban. He's smiling because he just got a brand new Thunderbolt and doesn't have to fight with Pontiacs any more.:D

12. pontman

pontman

M/T magnesium 62 Olds 3rd member, went for $202. and change. Not a bad price for a rare old part.

Attached Files:

13. titus

titus

It was broken.

14. pontman

pontman

Cool old M/T Pontiac parts.
    Engine mount for boat?
    Beehive oil filter mount?

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  15. Algon

Algon

Yes the versions with the "marine legs" were intended for boats but Iam surprised they were not commonly used as motor plates as sturdy as they are vs what we use today. I have an NOS FE mag drive marine cover which is very tempting to use in a dragster or Altered but it's a tale tell of a modern build with a miss used part.:D

The oil coolers were available with adapters to mount them directly to the engine or to be used as a remote mount.

Here are a few things I have... but I'm in great need of an FE blower manifold.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
    Deuces likes this.
  16. mutant55

mutant55

Ok, FNG here, saw this thread and felt I needed to post to it with one of my recent finds for my 55 Chevy project, I am installing an Olds rear end in both cars, and found this M/T piece, not sure what year it is, as I see a couple of different styles, but I figure by looking at some of the other pictures, this must be a leter version, due to the changes for reinforcement around the flange, and the shape of the ribs. If anyone knows more about these........

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  17. dirt

dirt

i picked up this m/t sbc blower intake with some other goodies a few weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is the rest of the stuff i picked up. yes, that is a corvette fuel injection intake converted to a tunnel ram.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  18. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Hi
    I would like to buy a M/T Beehive oil filter . If anyone has one or knows where one is at please P.M. me. Does anyone know what replacement oil filter these use ?
    Thank you
    Toxic Waste

19. pontman

pontman

Here is my M/T swap meet find from Monroe, WA. The seller is a Pontiac guy thru and thru, had them listed as for a Ford? Scored them for a $100.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      517.8 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      463.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      492 KB
      Views:
    Deuces likes this.
  20. Danger Diaz

Danger Diaz

not a speed part but still cool.
    [​IMG]

21. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  22. Nik

Nik

Do anyone else have a set of MT valve covers that the diing strip in the oppisie direction? I have a couple where eh stripe starts hign on the left, and then goes to the right. Was it a factory screw up or where there othere?

23. Algon

Algon

Most of the cool stuff was obsolete in 64....and the only reason it's amazing is because no has ripped them off yet and it takes time,effort and cash to dig this stuff up. Offenhauser makes retro parts for catalog thumpers and that's the way it should be. You guys would freak over Cal Custom valve covers too if they didn't make millions of them over a thirty year period. The only reason those are not as cool as early M/T stuff is because everyone has them.:rolleyes:

The story on the cigarette lighter is that M/T sold them to anyone with $3 and postage but leave to Ebay hustlers to make up that it's a one of one item owned by M/T himself and suddenly a Metro cheap knock off Zippo is worth $300. LOL:D

24. pontman

pontman

So much for so little. These went for $500. plus?

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  25. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I don't know how rare these are, but the front wheels on my 32 sedan are mickey thompson's. They are 15x5 early ford bolt pattern. I've never seen another pair that size let alone 5x5.5" bolt pattern

[​IMG]

26. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

My dad has a pair of mickey thompson 15x8.5 chevy bolt pattern 5 spokes. I believe I have seen some other pairs of those on ebay before.

27. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Looking for the M/T catalog with the minibike on the front. Will pay good money for one.

28. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i've got a magnesium "thompson" front cover for my 392 that i'm collecting parts for. there is something magical about some of these vintage speed parts thats for sure.

29. Mojo

Mojo

are the aluminum with a steel rim? I have some 14x6 small ford pattern M/Ts like that.

30. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

Most of the cool stuff was obsolete in 64....and the only reason it's amazing is because no has ripped them off yet and it takes time,effort and cash to dig this stuff up. Offenhauser makes retro parts for catalog thumpers and that's the way it should be. You guys would freak over Cal Custom valve covers too if they didn't make millions of them over a thirty year period. The only reason those are not as cool as early M/T stuff is because everyone has them

I'd still like to have them and the other items in these catalogs:

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.