Register now to get rid of these ads!

need engine shipped

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by khead47, Apr 6, 2012.

1. khead47

khead47

Ya Hoo! Just bought a Hemi! I need a hemi shipped from Deptford NJ to Grosse Ile Mi. in the next few weeks. There are fork lifts at each end. The engine is palletized. Can any Hambers help me out or suggest a shipper? PM me or give me a call. Tim, 313 563 1254 Thanks.

2. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Make sure that you label it as Used Auto Parts. And send it to a business. Cheaper.

3. chevyburb

chevyburb

go to uship.com. I had a 390 Cad motor & trans shipped from Enid, OK to San Jose, CA for $380.00 when everyone else wanted $900-1100.

4. Cerberus

Cerberus

I purchased a 428 Interceptor engine and had it shipped from the east coast to my office in the SF Bay area. G.I. Trucking was the transporter. The engine arrived wrappped in plastic on a wood pallet.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

uship is the place...

6. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have used Uship with good success. And when you are ready for a crankshaft for that engine, email me. I have several.

7. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Freightquote.com

8. If I may ! When you say used parts, the shipping charges are more because the used old parts are my harder to find as replacement value, new or intique parts. As you are the one that puts the value of the shipment.
    I have allways shiped crated motors as new, stated clean no oil of leaking fluids. Has mat charge is cheaper.
    This is what I have always been told by the Trucking company.. Ship several motors to Cal from Detroit, for as little $235.oo insured
    I use Yellow Freight. You fill out the bill of lading by phone, and the paper work will be at the terminal when you drop it off for shipment.

9. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

10. khead47

khead47

Thanks everyone. Engineshipping.com has best rates yet at $209 ! I would spend more than that on fuel for my truck. Just thought I would throw it out there in case any Hambers would be traveling that route. Thanks again. Tim.

11. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Divco13, Thanks for the correction, I guess that I was mislead.

12. thisbugger

thisbugger

I've used fowardair (about 5 years ago) and had a flathead shipped to me from Alabama to California, I believe it costed me around $500 but it was dropped off at the docks at the airport at the other end.

13. duste01

duste01

Just to add to the thread. I have used and received ESTES and YELLOW. If someone goes looking for a quote, you can get a cheaper rate going terminal to terminal. which means you have to go downtown, but they have a forklift on site!!!!

14. You need to know !
    When using a third party to ship's anything, the shipper takes your money, and the parts get shipped without the freight company getting their money, they will come after you for the payment. You my get sued for the money's, you gave to the third party!

It happened to me once, I told them to pound sand up their *ss. They did get their money sometime later, from the middle man.

15. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

my welder was shipped via www.rrts.com it took 4 days from LA to Dallas. had a tracking number no problems what so ever. loaded weight was 575lbs cost $225. john

16. just saying thanks i work at yellow [yrc freight] now in cuberland ri i think you save a few bucks if you drop it off at the teminal and pick up there

17. WornOutOldMan

WornOutOldMan
    from So Cal

I have had good luck shipping big heavy things on the cheap with www.forwardair.com but you need to get it to and pick it up at one of their hubs (near most major airports).

18. kracker36

kracker36

I ship shortblocks and other engine parts through AAA Cooper Transportation. GREAT prices and service if they have a terminal in your area. Look them up and give them a call.

19. Normbc9

Normbc9

I have used "Engine Shipping" four times. All have been very good experiences and the charges are in line with may other shippers and they even help you with suggestions to get the engine ready for shipping. Keep in mind with some shippers there is a rail agreement and then some accessible items like a distributor, carburetor or a manifold will magically disappear. With Engine Shipping I had no bad experiences.
    Normbc9

20. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

I used ABF trucking to freight a palatalized 454 big block and it cost me about 300 bux that was a few years ago but as long as it had no fluids they had no problem...I drove up in a truck and they forked it out and put it on the dock...