Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville kentucky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jernlee, May 28, 2011.

1. mcflyart

mcflyart

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

anybody else? got room

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Comfort Suites exit 16 off I-64. Blankenbaker parkway Rooms 89.99. king or two double beds, refrigerator, mcro wave, coach, desk. 10 minute to Fairgrounds in the east end (the good part of town). Lots of god restaurants near by. free trailer parking.

4. rat nasty

rat nasty

I'll be around!anyone need anything feel free to text or call me I will help out anyway possible...502-387-2423

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

whoops:eek: sorry not that i need a room,that they have room for a few more cars at the fairgrounds.lol

6. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Any HAMB'rs headed to Louisville south out of the Cincinnati area on I-75/71 south be prepared for one lane with plenty of orange barrels. I was northbound yesterday and southbound traffic was backed up for at least ten miles. Saw several hot rods in the line up and I'm sure there will be plenty of overheating to go with it. If you come this way an alternate route may be a better idea. Tempertures in the local area in the upper '90's.

7. Shannon2356

Shannon2356

Do yo know of any other route? The only one that I know of is too. Take the 275 bypass West around Cincinnati to the Lawrenceburg exit. I dont know what exit number it is. But its Highway 50. Take it all the way to Seymour Indiana. Then hit I-65 South. Its not shorter maybe even a good hour longer. But I guess it beats sitting in traffic and you get to see a little Indiana back roads. Good Luck everyone! And if needed here is my cell 812-820-0274. Im from Austin Indiana. And that the way I go to Cincinnati.
    Be safe! Shannon

8. try U.S. 42. Beautiful drive along the river all the way to Louisville. I think you can get on it arounf Florence, Ky just south of cinn off of I-75

9. 41 C28

41 C28

A little further but a very scenic route that I take back home sometimes from Louisville is to cross the river at Madison. Take route 56 along the river up to Aurora, In and pick up U.S. route 50.

10. Shannon2356

Shannon2356

Yeah! That is a nice drive. But it has a lot of cruves. Depends on what time of day. Would not want someone to take it at night.
    And I dont know whre he was saying the constrution if its where 75 and 71 run together. Then that is just South of Cin. So taken the Madison bridge will not work.
    I still think the straights road would be 50. And if you want a little more scenic. You can take 50 to North Vern. Then hit Highway 3 going South. Then turn on 256 West into Austin Indiana. And hit I-65 there. Thats the way I go to Cin. Take me about an hour and half to get there. BUT! Still depends on the time of day. I would be careful on 3 late in the evening. Lots of DEER!
    If there is anyone that does come this way. Please feel free to call me. 812-820-0274 I know these roads well.
    So Be safe in how ever you get here.
    Shannon

11. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

The congestion I wrote about was at 75/71 interchange southbound. Any HAMB ers coming this way should be able to research the state of Ohio's web site and see about traffic slowdowns and road construction. From where I was watching, it wasn't pretty.

12. paintcan54

paintcan54

Well shit, was told last night that I will have to work all day wed, will be leaving Indy around 7:00 PM. Will looking up old friends and hoping to make the meet and greet this year.

13. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I,m a sad mofo now wish I was there

14. 68hillbilly

68hillbilly
    from KENTUCKY

HEY guys, never have went on thursday before (the first day) is it a good day to go , or should I wait for friday? If I go on thursday should I get there later to allow for people settting up? thanks

15. Shannon2356

Shannon2356

A lot of people are sitting up today. And they are doing all the stuff inside today. So Thursday is like the rest of the week. And if you are planning on walking around inside at the venders Thirsday and Friday are great. There is not a lot of people. But if your going to see the most cars then Saterday is CRAZY! You wont see them all. Saterday is when the do all the give away stuff. And everyone has to be there to win.
    Hope to see you there.

16. greg

greg

Until last years rule change I would go all 4 days.
    Thursday is a great day to go. If you need to buy something from the venders they are easier to get to. Saturday they are so buisy its hard to even talk to them, and about half the time what I wanted would be out of stock by then.

17. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

6pm newscast Weds

I quit NSRA in 2009. Been going to local events and other shows, like the VSRA events, and having a ball.

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Yeah, like the VSRA has 10,000 cars and 250 vendors. Have a ball at VSRA.

\\

19. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Judging by all the hot rods I saw on Indiana interstates today I would say EVERYBODY'S going!

20. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

21. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Lots of Street Rods which also includes '80 Ford Fairmont four doors.(they qualify) I wish they would have interesting cars & trucks all park together so I wouldn't have to walk around all the '72 Chevelles that I can see at a Goodguys event. I got the business from the gate police about my swap meet two wheeler having a small cooler on it for food. I had to open it to prove it wasn't loaded with a case of beer (it's a lunch mate)

22. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

how was the swap meet and anyone have pics any 39-46 chevy/gmc parts.thanks

23. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

Fri nite 10pm newscast here

24. rat nasty

rat nasty

I hung out on phillips lane "value city" till round 12:30 and had a good time met some new people seen some really cool cars!and as for the not so cool cars I can use a good laugh everynow and then!if the rain holds out it should be a very good time tonight also!

25. jernlee

jernlee

Thats my brothers brother in law . they have really good chilly too