Register now to get rid of these ads!

Truck and Car Shop Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, May 7, 2010.

1. 1959apache

1959apache

I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems before with the Truck and Car Shop out of Orange, CA (truckandcarshop.com)? I just ordered through them and there are some serious issues not only with an overcharge in shipping ($20 for a 2 lb box with the interior poorly wrapped in last weeks newspaper), but the fact that it took over a week to get to my doorstep via UPS and the fact that the major parts needed from the order were on backorder. I specifically made it my business to know how many they had in stock, if anything was on backorder, and when they were to pull my purchase off their stock shelves. I get my box today seeming a little lighter than it should be and needless to say I am a little chapped... Thus far I am not too impressed with this company or their customer service (regarding calls back 4 hours after I call for one simple question on a part and well over an hour and counting concerning this problem right now).

Okay, venting aside... Has anyone had any problem with this Company before?

2. I have been there and bought stuff many times. They have some of the worst customer service in the industry, especially if you are at the counter. Sometimes they are the only guys with the stuff, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to help or give good information. No question Ty has made a ton of money from this business and has one of the largest inventories, along with the stuff he has made offshore, but customer service isn't their strong suit. They do a lot of swaps all over the country as well.
    I think you r experience is typical I'm afraid

3. 1959apache

1959apache

Well that sucks, but thanks for the info. Looks like this will be the first and last time ordering from these folks, which is a shame because I had an entire list of parts to order through them.

4. They seem to always come through, just slow and non caring

5. 1959apache

1959apache

Just got off the phone with them after calling back a 4th time. The manager was pretty rude and was especially a prick after I told him "I really would like to order through you folks, but I am a little concerned about what just happened, is this something that is going to happen again?" his response "So you aren't going to be placing an order through us again?" my response was "Probably not if you guys cant give me a 'No it wont happen again' response" He then proceeded to say I will refund your ignition and light switch that are on backorder and $10 shipping and for me to go find parts elsewhere and quickly hung up the phone. I can't believe a business, especially in the classic car business can treat people like that and still be running.

I highly recommend not using these people if you have a choice, if you don't have a choice then good luck, I wish you the best lol

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  6. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I buy from them at Charlotte Autofair all the time...best prices anywhere. Any problems I've had, Noah fixed them immediately. They are the retail side of Counterpart, they sell to everyone else. I have never had any of these problems and I've been ordering from them since '06.

7. mr39

mr39

I have to agree, they do have what you want most of the time at the best prices. I also have to agree their customer service sucks big time, seems 4 hours for a call back is standard for them, that's how long it took them to call me back for a very simple question that could have been answered in less than one minute. As of Friday Jan. 28, 2011 I have been trying to talk to someone to ask some questions on a complete wiring harness for my 59 Apache. I told the woman who answered my call Iam going to buy the harness but need to know a few things first to make sure I get the one I need and any related items, and they just do not care. Their reply to any question at any given time is "our sales people are busy with customers, call back in two hours and if someone is available they will help you.

8. 1959apache

1959apache

Get a harness from Rebel Wire here on the HAMB. Glen33 is his name I think. He is a nice guy and the folks at Rebel Wire are always there to help. Plus a few of us have wired with Rebel for our Apaches so we can help ya.

9. bobs409

bobs409

Truck and car shop SUCKS!

NO more will I deal with this half assed company. :mad: A business that doesn't have an email address??? It would be SO simple to jot out an email for simple questions or to check on your order but no, they want to you call, put you on hold for an eternity, then say everyone is busy and they'll call you back. :confused: (and you'll sit by the phone for few hours for that to happen) First you'll get a lady who does nothing but answer the phone and put you on hold, she will do nothing more than that. If you are lucky to have someone actually take your call after holding the phone to your ear listening to their elevator music for 1/2 hour, get ready for another lady with a terrible accent that doesn't know what end is up. :confused: Do any guys work there?

I mailed in a large order and paid by check. Almost a month later and the check hasn't been cashed and I can't get through to find out about it. I would just do a stop payment on the check if my bank didn't charge $40 stinkin dollars to do it. :mad: Guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens.

I'm kicking myself thinking if I ordered from ANYWHERE else, I'd have my parts for about 2 weeks so far.

Live and learn folks...

Oh yeah, as for shipping charges. It's supposed to be free with any order over $350 but they told me I would have to pay for shipping the dash pad and the sound deadner. Both of these items are not marked oversize in their catalog so watch for that if you venture an order with them.

10. I have dealt with the T&C Shop out of Orange CA. for over 6 years. True, they have in fact shipped me the wrong part on occasion but always made it right within a week or so. Their quality is pretty good and their prices are very competitive (usually the best prices anywhere bar none). Their customer service has been OK too! I am as happy with them as I am with LMC in Kansas.

Specs

11. JD Miller

JD Miller

Is that the Concrete tilt up building place on Batavia between collins and chapman, that has Chevy on one side and Ford on the other side ?

I've been in there a bunch of times when im in Orange, only bought a couple things. Was wisely advised not to buy a radiator from them, cheap chinese junk, tanks blow off

Kind of a strange place . Seems like a unfriendly negative vibe to the place

Everytime ive ever called to see if they had a part in stock before I drove all the way into OC, I never got an answer, just some not friendly girl says call back later, the parts guys are busy, every single time I call. Fug 'em.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  12. yes, that's the place, Only now Chevy car and Ford Car & truck are on one side and Chevy Truck is on the other. Kinda weird. And i had a customer that had a problem with a radiator for an F100 from them as well, but everything I have bought has been fine, just lousy service

13. JD Miller

JD Miller

Did they use to be in a warehouse over behind the old train station years ago? Kind of a no sales counter type old coragated steel sided warehouse. Maybe 25 plus years ago.
    Maybe that was someone elses place.
    I grew up in Orange went to Elmo, and had a shop there 30 years ago. I kinda know all the old shops that were in orange

14. That might have been their original location. I know that Ty Froemke, the owner has been in Orange a long time. They also do a LOT of shows around the country, I think his son Eric went to either Elmo or VP.

15. 01spirit750

01spirit750
    from Ohio

I have ordered from them a few times. They did ship me the wrong rear view mirror but I did not catch the problem until a while later. I never liked not knowing what the shipping charges would be until they called back.

Everytime we goto to Disneyland I would stop by. Try explaining to your wife that she has to pack a set of bumper brackets for our return flight home.

There always seems to be 4-6 guys in line on the truck side waiting for counter help to assist them.

16. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

I've called to order parts and they give the same old line, someone will call you back, look dammit, when I call at 2 pm I want to order parts to have them shipped out but they'll call 4 hrs later, screw em I get what I need from Chevs of the forties in Wash, thye ship generally the same day.

17. pipty6

pipty6
    from Tracy

I never had a problem with them. I've ordered stuff from them over the past few years. Usually arrives in a just a few days.

18. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

When I was building my 49 Chevy p/u my first order was through them.........never again, and I went elsewhere for the remainder of the parts. No service, no communication, and out and out RUDE! when you ask "whats the status of my order" after 1 month of waiting anxiously for the brown truck. I had to spend the money to get er done ....but I damned sure didn't have to spend it with them. Lesson learned.

19. MikieOne

MikieOne
    from California

I know this is more than 10 yrs old but I do have a problem with them also, girl answering phone calls (very cold), sales people (always seams to have something else to do telling you anything and with the people/person pulling the parts to "verify" your questions on the part before Transaction and Shipping is done (worthless as tits on a wild Boar).. If you have a part pulled to verify something on it and its what you are looking for it SHOULD be passed along to the shipping dept then NOT 2 to 4 hours later. That part you ask about that at that time was the one you want was sold to someone on the counter 2 hrs ago and you get something else that wasn't what you ask for 4 hrs ago.

In the end what they shipped was WRONG and returning parts you loose the original shipping charge and you have to ship it back on your Dime and Hope they refund that fee as well. So far my $18.32 part + shipping @ $10.00 total $28.32 has been credited back only $18.32 and I'm still out the return UPS shipping charge of $11.22.

20. yeah I only deal with them when they bring their stuff up to the Portland swap meet, they like emptying that truck as fast as possible, so its usually my first stop if I need anything for my truck, but its surprising how bad alot of the truck parts houses are. Brothers was a mess, dont know if its getting better now that Holley bought them, Classic Parts of America is decent. LMC is just LMC, its hit and miss with their stuff.