Register now to get rid of these ads!

Waved Goodby to my Pink Car a few hours ago

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmbuellist, Apr 5, 2012.

1. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

I didn't sell it!!!--but I am moving from the Texas Panhandle to southern NM--I have a lot of shit to move---4 hours ago I my pal fom alamogordo got in the car to get it there for me--he has no cell--is 67--had to lead him to the interstate---I'm not to worried but--- as the phone call that he made it has not come yet I keep looking at my watch---But the way I look at it is--Giving the Old Guy a Thrill

Attached Files:

• 007-1.jpg
      007-1.jpg
      File size:
      93.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      93.9 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      194.3 KB
      Views:
  2. He should do fine. Nice of him to help you out. Moving is always a PITA

3. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Wow, I didn't think there could be two pink coupes in Texas, but one just passed me doing 130mph. I had to swerve to miss the beer cans flying out the window of the coupe! It couldn't of been your car because I didn't see a 67 year-old-guy in it. The one that passed me looked like it was full of half naked women.

4. you should catch up!!!

5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I'm with ya here man. I had a 58 Caddie convertable a while back. Like 1984. The old guy that did the top wanted it for two weeks to do it right. Yea, a day to do the top and 13 days to cruise his wife around. It was lipstick pink imron with a white top.
    I saw him around town a couple of times and it was worth it.
    He was a cool old cat from back in the day.

6. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

That car looks awesome! I think it's fun to see your own car driving from different angles. It's neat to see something besides the dash.

7. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Oh man--another hour or so!!!--I could have put this on a trailer behind a U-haul as thats how my econoline is going--but Wally looked like he needed a break from his B-ville quest--I figured if he could go 180 on 3 wheels he could get an old car down the road

8. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Maybe he stopped off somewhere to get it painted.

(I kid, I kid... my own car is purple, don't kill me)

9. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

AAHHH!!!!! wish the old fart had a cell

10. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Yeah man! ..Lime green [flake] flames with a candy magenta fade, striped in yaller! Sorry, just had to...

11. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

Only 67??? Im 69 and make that ride from Boise City to Ruidoso several times a year.Iv seen your car around AmaTex several times.Good car. Just give him a little slack. Us older guys need to pee more often than we used to, and take more coffee breaks than necessary, therefore we pee more. Probably just enjoying the drive.

12. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Been 6 hours--I've done it 5 1/2 to 8 depending in the past few weeks--still getting nervous

13. TexasDart

TexasDart

just go have a beer already...:) It's a pretty day...he's cruisin'.

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Hell, I'm his age and would probably be enjoying the ride with some ZZ Top on the radio about now. :D We don't need no stinkin' cell phones, we know how to read a road map.

He'll make it fine.

Don

15. Are we there yet?

16. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

No!!!!---He doesn't even have a watch--7 hours--

17. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

maybe you could have used one of these with enough string. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hell, I took my Dad's '29 roadster to enter it in a show 40 miles away in 1974...didn't return for days. There were lots of new runs then...around San Jose, CA.
    If I'd wanted to, I could've kept 'show-and-run-jumping' for a month!

That thing was hell to sleep in...tight rumble seat, couldn't quite shut the decklid completely, with me in it...January, too...cold, I'm still shiverin'.

19. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

NEWS FLASH......... "Texas State Police are in pursuit of a pink, yes, I said pink early model coupe. It seems a trooper tried to pull over the car for doing 135mph in a 60 mph zone when the driver tossed a beer can at the squad car and his half naked passengers dropped shorts and "mooned" the officer." Trooper McMillian said "the last thing I seen was a man in his late sixties smiling out the window and *POOF* they were gone." "Stay tuned for the latest updates." ........

20. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

HE made it !!!!!!!!!

21. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

Sounds like the old guy (my age) isn't ready to give up the ride just yet, I hope you gave him plenty of money or a credit car for gas.

Yipee!!!!

22. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Wally's report
    <HR class="messageHeaderDivider colorK2" noShade _no_widget="true">
    Wayne.......got home 2 minutes ago...no problems.....rebuilt the car fifty times.....wound up gun metal gray with red steelie rims...street rod look....bigger tires....new a- arms with disc brakes....single door windows...tilt wheel with different dash set up....got a mish mash of old and new now....dual exhaust ...need a more distinct sound.....engine stumbles off idle....my right foot will be a club foot now.....need to move the brake peddle over a bit....too hard of a throttle push....got lots of waves and honks and thumbs up ....even got a honk from the train heading east just outside tucumcarri....no offers for set though!....stopped at Russells for breakfast...made sure not to run up on the curb.....set in a booth so i could keep an eye on the car...had a tourest guy get out of his car and take a picture of the car

23. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

Now you can stop worrying. Iv wanted to move to Alamogordo for a long time. Never even checked into any property tho. Living on SS so wont do any moving probably.Just one of those dreams. Always wanted to get to a warmer climate where I could see the mountains.

24. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

more from Wally
    ......had the greatest time yesterday..wish i could keep on going.....just like being at the salt....you get lost in the moment.....i had the thought that i should have "paid" you for being able to drive the car here......

25. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

By the way,,,,,67 is not old !! Just wait, you will be there some day too. ;):p;)

Glad that he made it, but was there ever really any doubt?

26. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack