Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Well we had to go there ONE MORE TIME before the flight back to Spokane. Finishing off our double deckers and fries right now and then heading to LAX for our flight in the early A.M. It's been a blast and wish I didn't have to leave!!!
    Ken

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

from Adriene.............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

That's me second from the left. I'm better suited at parking VIP's :D.

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^Why am I blaming myself?. My tray still has cake on it. Can anyone prove other wise???????????????????. If only Barris was there with the Batmobile. I think the Joker was involved. :D

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

That's a killer pic of Bill like 25 yrs ago.
    Wally was carrying that one around. Very cool to see it posted.

Rob those pix are so kool! I love the B&W's! That day was a something
    that Adriene really wanted to make happen for Bill as she stated above.

It was Brad's birthday the weds before. Wish him a happy one as well.
    Does anybody have pix of the after party for Brad?

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hello, is this thing on, it's Wednesday :). Come out come out where ever you are. See everyone in a few.

9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well it's Juicy Gees birthday today, It is a milestone and his family is throwing a birthday party at the Broiler tonite around 6pm. C'mon out and spend some time with
    the Gee Man! Maybe even buy him a beer ;).

10. Koala Kruizer

Koala Kruizer

Wouldn't miss John's (Juicy Gee's) Birthday for the world! Looking forward to spending this evening with him. :)

Dew ~ See you in your birthday suit;):eek:

Hope your birthday celebration is everything you expect and more!!

Special thanks to the Broiler & Lindsey who helped my daughter put this together :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEW aka JOHNNY GEE/JUICY GEE :)

We love ya,
    Stephanie, Crystal, Shrimpy, JohnO & Shevelle (Shevi J)

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Well I guess the Cat has been let out of the bag. Now I have to explain the Dew thing but I don't have all day to do so. So Thanks Kevin and Steph for posting my crest to the top of the roller coaster ride. It's all F'N down hill from here on out :eek:;):D:cool::).

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I'll be looking for the explanation when I see you. Happy Birthday Juicy Gee!

13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Can't, you got the wrong guy. I never spend that much time at the Broiler to have that long of a conversation :p;).

Warning, I've been informed that my Son is bring down trailered race cars. So move over Custom's the Load fast stuff is coming I assume.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  14. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Great day for you Juicy, See you soon.

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^No officer ^^Party time ^^Where's that officer?

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Cruise nite is this evening, C'mon down! See you there Juicy Gee!

17. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

It was fun getting out their with my new old car:)
    Great turn out of cars it was awesome even saw a little rumble.

18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

That Little Rumble may seam funny to some but not funny to Adriene, Kevin, Jim the owner nor myself. This is a place built for all of us to enjoy, a Phoenix from the past. I don't FUCK"N enjoy seeing Shit like that go down. This stunt has everyone envolved in running this place up in arms and I Fuck'n hate it.

19. Muttley

Muttley

Bunch of RatRodderzzzzzzz arguing over who Pomp was taller or what?

20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Wish it was just that. A bunch of low rollers with nothing else better to do than make problems. Everyone is welcome here. Just keep the peice and respect the place and the neighbors is all we ask. Guess it's back to having inside undercover again.

21. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

I hear you I never said it was funny I thought it was pretty stupid personally . Hopefully that was the last time anything like that ever happens.

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

A little more on what JG said. Adriene and I put alot of ourselves into this place. We both don't make any money off of the place, sometimes maybe enough to pay for the gas running around to other meetings and car gatherings promoting the Broiler.

We had taken "ownership" the day it closed in 2001, I really put alot aside for this Drive-In. Not many believed that we would make this dream become a reality.
    I thank all that did have faith in Adriene,Analisa and I amonst many others not named who spent countless hours and personal $'s to bring this Kar Kulture Disneyland back.

I'm not the biggest Lo-Lo fan, but I'm non-descriminative when it comes down to all that enjoy the Broiler, After all "All Roads Lead To THe Broiler" It's your place guys and if some idiot in a Lol-Lo gets out of hand,perhaps go over and talk about it before a punch is thrown. If ya can't, then go someplace else and handle it, but don't let it happen where children and women are present=Not Kool!!!!!!!!

Jim Louder has put his financial fortune in this place monetarilly,He allows this place to be "OURS", that includes all that attend. I see many not even supporting it,bringing food from somewhere else. If you want a place to survive step up and contribute to its existence instead of bouncing 520's all over the lot.

We live in a very tough economic time, we're lucky to have a "Neon Paradise" such as the Broiler.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  23. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Here here Kevin Well said

24. Adriene

Adriene

I'm extremely upset about all of it.

25. farmer12

farmer12

I agree, this is a great place. Let's support it any way we can. I was there a week ago and it was awesome!!!

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sorry for useing the wrong words. For me just how you/it was posted came across like if it was something to see. I was still fresh and HOT last night when I wrote what I did. Don't take it personal, all I hope for from all this is that we all keep our guard up, self pattrole, and if something don't look right get people invloved and most importantly protect the innocent.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  27. LO LO's? You mean Low Riders? Starting trouble? NOOOOO ! That's why Van Nuys closed the first time and why it will close again soon. I won't even go now. I hope they don't close the Broiler. We need to patrol it ourselves. You see shit goin' down, get involved. Get help. Something. Don't just watch.

28. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Yea no worries at the end of the day we are all gathered around for the same thing and thats to have a great time,eat some good food and see some awesome cars.:D

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Yes exactly. You see we no longer have all the places that use to be around. We all have our favorite style car, type of group we hang with, differant area's all these place use to be. But it's all gone. We have to share our pation of cars in a way that we never had to before. The Broiler is more than just a place to bring our cars. It's a place of what was but will never ever be the same. We live it the best way we now how. The crowds will never be the same. The clients will never be the same. But damn it, if we continue to let properties that shape History get distroyed we no longer have a connection to who we our or where things came from. Wednesdays is not a car show, it's a gathering. But the Broiler is a buisness first and formost. All that is asked for admission is to eat. Just that simple, something for something is all it takes to keep Historic places alive. I can keep going but it will just keep on and on. You all get by point here. Just trying to keep a Tradition alive.

30. Johnny.....very well said.That really hit home and I agree 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.