Register now to get rid of these ads!

Derek's 1950 ford coupe shoebox build and introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 5, 2011.

1. Harper De Ville

Harper De Ville
    from Hellbourne

lookin good Dez, try slowing down so us family men dont feel so lazy, ha ha

2. You guys are killing it.....impressed.

3. Ha ha ha sorry mate I'll slow my updates on here down for ya but can't slow Down te progress ha ha way to keen to get this drivin again do much work left but des

4. Maiki what are u doin on the hamb ur supposed to be at el toros for ur Kardinals meet hey hey hey. Ha ha thanks mate just doin what I can to keep it moving lucky I got some good buddies to help me out along the way.

5. zep058

zep058

Nice work Des! And great write up too

6. Blake84

Blake84

I just recieved my Gambino Kustoms 4 link kit for my 59 f100 putting it in this weekend. Looks awsome!!! you baggin the car? Love this build!!

7. Yeah mate airbag Kit from slam specialties is all here ready to go. Everything I need just waiting on brackets next week and it'll be all go.

8. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Yeah sweet. No worries buddy

9. Well fellas, the best way I can put this is Ahrons work has ran out of work and they have had to let him go. All the Eldorados are behind him to help out with tools and space. I've offered him free rent and shed space to live at my house do the question is what Aussies or victorians want work done onthere cars, he is rediculously good at what he does and I's a qualified coach builder and panel beater. Hit him up. Make him work for himself cause we all think it a great idea start his own business in castlemaine. Message me. Call me 0402559056, ad him on Facebook. Ahron Jeffree, he has a pic of his ugly ass dog hemi as his profile pic. I'm only doin this cause he has helped me out a whole bunch and I wanna try return some of the favout, let make a young talented dude start his own shop in castlemaine the car hub that it is. And claims to be the street rod centre of Australia.

Help out an Eldorado. He's worried he won't be able toget enough work I'm not cause I've seen what he can do and do have u guys if you've read any of this thread. Even comment and tell the guy to make that decision to work for himself cause it may work out to be the best thing he eer does. That's my piece. Des

10. clarthepio

clarthepio

Amen to that!!!! Fight the 'man' and get out there. You've gotta start somewhere and things happen for a reason. Doit doit!!

11. clarthepio

clarthepio

Good to know! I'll be grabbing a set for sure!!

12. Damn straight always bad timing but thins happen for a reason and he will do really well if he makes the big step to do this. Everyone's behind him he's just gotta make that decision, easy for me to say it would scare the shit out of me but he's got skills and a reputation. He will do well.

13. smokin41

smokin41
    from Australia

Damn thats not cool for Ahron. I think he should set up shop in Castlemiane too I will talk him up.

Cheers Pa.

14. Deucefanny

Deucefanny
    from Australia

Yep set up his own shop. Mates of mine who lost jobs and now have their own shop are making that much money it makes you sick. I chopped of a finger at work, got paid out left that place and now I make twice as much at a new job. It will be the best thing that happened to him and if he works hard at it, it'll be all the better. Good luck!

15. Andy did say that things looked a bit glum at Ahron's work a few weeks ago but I'm surprised they let him go.

Des please tell him to ring or just turn up, I've got work for him here, even if's it just short term while he sorts out enough courage to start up on his own. He'll have my surpport however he needs it.

He should know that anyway and should of just come in and started working without having to be told.

I'm with you he is very skilled but more than that he has the foresight and vision which cannot really be taught you've either got it or you dont.

Mark Shearer

PS: His old man can put up with him a few nights a week.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  16. I saw that you were in the process of removing the rear seams and adding some lift to get a peak on the edges. I just had it done to my shoebox by an experienced tin and metal man. He didn't completely remove the seam as you have but chiseled of the seam and started to tin it. I also wanted to have a peak on the removed seam to get it to flow more with the front fenders, especially after I frenched the fenders with 52-53 Ford bezels up front and got a more prominent, flowing and longer edge then original.

Looking forward to see were you will land with your rear seems! And keep up the tremendous work! It's inspiring to read all these detailed and well documented build threads here on the HAMB.

Sorry for the sun glares in the pictures, at some point I'll take a couple of better shots of the back end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Wheels arch drop photo's please Des.

Mark Shearer

18. Ha ha ha ha it's not finished yet but gettin there. I'll show u one pic of when we tacked all one side in and put some more up next weekend when I roll it out again. It was a tech article thing for the street machine kustom annual so my mate came and took all the pics.

19. Here's before and after, well before with tape and after with is tacked in. It's all welded up and started panel beating did some shrinks and sanded up some welds she's looking cool. It's 1-1/2 inch wheel arch drop. The second pic the car isn't sittin right down cause of the angle of the drive way the rear quarters sitting on the ground.

Attached Files:

20. Really no love on wheel arch drop oh well mustn't be anyone's cup of tea ha ha.

21. daddio211

daddio211

The wheel arch looks good, but the rear axle sits too far forward... maybe 2" or so?

22. Yeah good eye but I wouldn't go off that too much as nothing was adjusted and is just sitting in there. There the diff is set up is about spot on with the slip yolk on the tails haft and stuff. The wheel is always forward a little in these too. Cheers.

23. daddio211

daddio211

Yeah, didn't mean to criticize your work... sometimes the obvious eludes us. Kinda one of those "can't see the trees through the forest" things.

You're on it. Ignore all future comments from me! :)

Except for this one: BITCHIN' SHOEBOX MAN!

24. Ha ha ha na not at all mate, criticize away, I like constructive criticism when it's to do with the car. But your right it gives that appearance in that photo that it is and possibly does sit a little forward in the wheel arch but it is good when at ride height. Thanks mate appreciate it comment away I like feedback that's why I do this thread ha ha.
    Des

25. Looks great....! :)

I assume the bags will allow the rear to go up quite hight to get the tyres out if you get a flat...?

26. Ha ha ha weellllllll, u will have to have a jack and drop the top bag bolts to allow the four link to hang right down, I will see how they hang down when I get the rear bags in there this weekend hopefully just waiting on brackets still. But I will say this I couldn't get a wheel off with the lowering blocks in before either so she was a massive operation if I ever got a flat ha ha.

27. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Hopefully but might have to unbolt a bag and a shock to get the tire off but that's no biggie

28. Actually easier than taking out blocks. The only thing is u have to take a decent trolly jack on any big trips but we do that anyway. Or like ten dudes to pick the back of the car up ha ha.

29. clarthepio

clarthepio

Maybe a stupid question but... Will the drive shaft foul the car floor when car is in its lowered position?

30. See told you the bearded one had a good eye. There side on pic's really show how well the chop worked as well. The car a credit to you, the boys and the support the club youall have heppen up there.

Spoke with Ahron Tuesday. The tech is a good thing. We've offer Ahron some work until he's 100 percent decided on what he wants to do, and will help and support him in whatever he wants to do longer term as well.

Keep him doing stuff so the rest of us can see the car progress.

Mark Shearer:D