Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. You're really banging out a lot of great work here! Are you gonna use the whole roof for your Chevy and join it where the windshield meet the roof or are you only gonna use the rear window?

2. Mr Nilsson

Mr Nilsson
    from Sweden

Really nice work, subscribed!

3. Thanks! No that roof is for my dads shoebox, I'm just gonna use the rear window but I might wait with the chevy chop and have it unchopped with the chrome trim for now. I want to get it on the road asap
    Thank you very much!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  4. So you're gonna use 55 Chevy 210 trim!?! Have you thought about Buick spear! You know the 52-53 ones?

5. No the 55 chevy 210 trim is for the shoebox, I don't think I'll have any side trim on the chevy.

6. No problem! But if you want Buick side trim I have a set!

7. Ok cool! I don't know yet, I'll think about it :) I'm about to buy doors and alot of other parts too

8. Woah, your off to a good start there!! wish i was more involved at your age.. top stuff
    I'm gonna keep up with this

9. Thank you very much, I appreciate it! Yea I'm lucky to get started this early with kustom stuff :)
    Here is a bicycle I built 5 years ago and a bike I built 2 years ago and now I'm on to this 53.
    That's a killer tudor you got there!!

feeefesfd.jpg

djjrfjrf.jpg

10. DMacias

DMacias
    from So Cal

Great work so far... Keep the pics coming!

11. Thank you! I will, your chevy looks great too!! Nice work :)

12. [QUOTE=''кυѕтσмѕ αяє кσσl'';7630656]Thank you very much, I appreciate it! Yea I'm lucky to get started this early with kustom stuff :)
    Here is a bicycle I built 5 years ago and a bike I built 2 years ago and now I'm on to this 53.
    That's a killer tudor you got there!!

Thanks man, i have a 54 chevy which is how i stumbled across your thread.. Looking for inspiration to start it!
    I'm loving seeing us younger crowd getting into all the Trad stuff!

13. Walle

Walle

Kommer bli sktibra det här! (It will be killer)
    Kool to have a -53 chevy build at the age of 16, i bought my -51 when i was 17 :D
    I could never amagine that the pontiac taillights would fit that good, does they fit really good or do you need to adjust some?

Are you using the back window of the shoebox roof?

14. Thanks! Yea I'm lucky to have it. No they actually fit perfect as they are right now, but I don't know if I want to french them or not. I might chop it in a couple of years but I just want to get it on the road for now, but I'm making it a 2 door for sure
    IMAG1138.jpg

15. Walle

Walle

OK! That sounds like a good plan!

16. Yeah get it on the road and drive the hell out of it. Then you can work on it come wintertime and then drive it some more when it get warm enough.
    That's what I've been doing for the last 17 years with my 1953 Chevy.

17. And a lot of fun too!

18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Good progress, keep it up!

19. Andyboy

Andyboy

Keep up the great work. Motivating thread.

20. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Keep up the great work man!

21. I have been working on the chevy even though I haven't uploaded any pics here for a while. I've been working on the floor braces and body mounts now and it's alot of work and measuring to get it right. And did I mention that I bought 53 caddy headlight bezels and 2 door beltline up trim? Here is some pics from the progress and the stuff I bought

ewtyrryhy.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!pEE8WR)eYBwBPJHQCm)(Q~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJCkE8fYNUSgsBPJHPjlIIw~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!g4E7QKhpT8BBPJHPecY2g~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqZHJ!4E8eyIZzIwBPJHPy1bi!~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqZHJDIE8gPZunK2BPJHQHIufw~~60_12.jpg

22. Some more

IMAG0728.jpg

IMAG0773.jpg

IMAG1252.jpg

IMAG1259.jpg

IMAG1261.jpg

IMAG1263.jpg

23. There you go! I thought you forgot about us. Looks nice.
    Did you buy the whole 2 door bel air or just the trim?

24. No I just bought the trim, the entire car would cost too much to bring back to Sweden, I'm looking for 2 door doors right now :)

25. 2-door doors have a tendency to be expensive and hard to find. Instead you could find 2 front doors from a 4 door and then extend the ones you have. It's cheaper and with your skills no problem to do!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

26. Yea I know, but I found a 2 door in the U.S and I know a guy that can bring it home for a good price, but not sure yet so I might end up extending them. Thanks for the advice!

27. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Looks good man! I'm 16 too, and I'm building a 1948 ford pickup