Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Neat stuff from Mecum Kansas City

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Revoh, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Took some pictures. Thought someone here might like a few of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest of the pictures, including non-traditional stuff, can be found at THIS LINK.

2. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Like that Borden's Milk Truck. Some nice looking cars and trucks. Thanks for posting them.

3. Yeah, that thing suffered from extreme cuteness. But $52,000---whoa!

4. If I recall there were some things that went a little high as in more than they were worth. I was there on Thursday.

There was some real eye candy there for sure. That crestline was sweet wasn't it?

5. Yeah, that was a really nice car. I think I would have ditched the Lakes pipes for me personally, but I can see how someone would want them on there. Engine looked great, and the interior was even pretty good.

I still think the '53 Fiesta was the most impressive thing there. Those cars just have so many cool little details if you study them. There is a lot goinng on there that is different from a normal Oldsmobile, and the idea that it is basically a factory custom appeals to me.

6. bb1970

bb1970

They televise the Mecum auctions on Velocity. If you skip all the commercials Camaros, Corvettes, Chevelles, and Mustangs you can watch a 4 hour block in about 45 min. I really like to watch though. Like all auctions some things go for too much. All in all I think K.C. Mecum is the place to go for a deal. As far as car auctions go.

7. BCR

BCR

Damn, my hair is getting grey in the back!

[​IMG]

8. Well that happens to dark haired fellas. Lots of folks harrassed us red heads for a long time but I'm not getting greay yet or not much. ;)

There were a couple of nicer Pontiacs there as well, a real nice '59 and a sweet white '62 as I recall. They went for way more than you could turn around and sell one for.

There was a 27 roadster, really mucked up that brought 7K while I was there Thursday, but I guess there must be a buyers remorse clause because they were trying to auction it again Thursday night, or so I have been told.

9. BCR

BCR

Yea, that 27.....yuk.

My friend bought the 39, it is a super nice car. Stock except for the drop axle and tires. Kind of a impulse buy as we didn't bring a trailer. Drove it home 300 miles on Sat without a problem.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I was not aware that the bigshots from BCR were "in the building"

I had the pleasure of Benno's (PnB) company on Thursday and Chucklz on Friday. Went home without buying a thing but a burnt end sandwich.

I felt the price/value comparison was far out of line. In fact, some prices were double what I felt the vehicles was worth.

11. richie rebel

richie rebel

that silver 55 is super badass,that is all me

12. I got to run through on Thursday. That '39 was a beaut! It was nice to see you Ben and glad to see you back.

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Cactus and PnB were BOTH rocking pony tails on Thursday at Mecum.

Made me think it was 1978 all over again.

whaddya mean...traditional?

14. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Man some killer, styled rides. The crestliner is a sweet ride indeed

15. Ha! Was that you dragging Benno around on the cart? We gotta let our freak flags fly man!

Mine's more of a bun really :).

16. BCR

BCR

Yep, I can think of a few that I went over pretty good just out of curiousity that bid to over double their value, and didn't sell:confused:.

I thought I saw you looking at that restored 56 Chevy (the super nice one white and bronze I think) to the north of the stage on Thursday but I was busy shooting the bull with one of my competitors and when I turned around you were gone.

17. I remember seeing that '39 on Craigslist last spring. If I remember right, it was owned by a guy up in Warrensburg. Glad to see it went to a good home!

18. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

:DThanks for sharing really neat cars .

19. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

Damn, my hair is getting grey in the back

at least you still HAVE hair in the back :)

20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I watched it on Velocity, as I often do just for fun. Did you see that '69 427 Vette go for $610,000.00 !!!!! Guess I haven't kept up with Vette prices. A '66 427 Vette went for $55,000 just a little later.
    I missed the description on the first one, so I was wondering why it went so high?

21. That thing did look good on the outside, but the modern interior really threw it off for me.

Like someone said above, as far as I'm concerned, any hair color is good as long as it's growing out of the top of my head. That '39 was great! I heard it drive by shortly after I took that, and it purred like a kitten. And no matter how many times I see it, it always kills me to see that one little taillight like that. Of course, it saves you money on blue dots. :D

22. knumb knuts

knumb knuts
    from tempe az

l88?

23. rld14

rld14

I like this one, it's perfect.

Was looking through that link.. whoever put those wheels on that '57 Ranchero should get a spanking.