Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bama swap n drag

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Violentchoppers, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

I'm hosting my 2nd Annual event on March 31st at the Sand Mountain Dragway in Section Al. It is a one day only swapmeet, show, and grudge match vintage drag racing. The track will be prepped this time around, so get tuned in to hook up! The swapmeet is open to motorcycle parts and vintage car parts, so load up all of that stuff your tired of working around and come on out! The gates open to the public at 9a.m. day of to the public for a small fee of $5. If you are indeed interested in getting a vendor spot, they are $40 for a 15'x20'. Registration for the car and bike show will be at 12noon and the heads up racing will kick off at 10 a.m. For more information swing by www.Bamaswapanddrag.blogspot.com or give me a shout at (256)630-8129.

Attached Files:

2. I didn't know Section even had a drag strip.I will have to come check that out. I didn't see any directions on the web site. Where is it?

3. above ft. payne

4. I know where Section is, but where is the strip? Haven't been there in years but I don't remember seeing an obvious drag strip.Is it on the main road or what?

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I didn't even know Section had a main road and my uncle lived there for years, his son does now.

6. burnout2614

burnout2614

Will be there. Track is on Co Rd 419. peace

7. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

The strip is super easy to find. Just look for a 4'x8' sign for the turn off of hwy. 35. My cell phone number is on the flyer. We managed to get 750 people in there last time around, many who had never been to the historic track.

8. Bump... is this going to happen rain or shine?Looks like maybe rain Saturday.

9. Violentchoppers

Violentchoppers
    from Alabama

I wanna give a HUGE thanks to everyone who came out and made this event a success! For those who didn't make it, we had 1200 spectators come in the gates, 60 vendor spots sold, and some great heads up racing. Thanks again, and we will be doing it again in the fall!

10. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

When? I'm in birmingham for a bit...