Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

i like your door panals verry simple and they look great , i bet a lot less stressfull:D

Thanks for the opinions guys , im still not 100 % shure , but i guess at time when i have a big dission like this on the wagon i stress and obsess on that one paticular area for days on end and most of the time my mind changes before its all said and done:eek::(:eek::(:confused:

lol

2. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cody, I agree that 3 colors would be hard to do in a way that was cool but not gimicky. I've seen a lot of two-tone interiors I like but not three-tone. I'm sure whatever you decide will be great.

3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

ive change my mind and i like what ive come up with youll just have to wait and see :D

5. wolfex1

wolfex1

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

so today i got the body off the frame i did take a lot of pics but for some reason i cant load them up again so as soon as i get it fugared out ill post them ive been messing around with this for the last 2 hours and right now im fed up with technoligy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I think there's a way to post them from FaceBook but I wouldn't know how to. Try nosing around in here to see..

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

8. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Finally here are the pics from yesterday i got the rear bumper back on so i could finished with the rest of the brackets and then the body came off the frame . [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

11. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

the interior samples
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. oldman2

oldman2

You're moving along now, nice progress....Jim

13. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

looks like you have reached another major milestone in the build. things are looking really good. I like the interior samples, especially the "hounds tooth" pattern (or what ever it is called). look forward to see the painting process.

14. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

really like your interior ideas. The dark green with flake paint is stunning if ya ask me. Whats yours plans for over all paint on the car?

15. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cody, I definitely like the greens you have there. Is the white in the houndstooth the only white you will be using? The right balance of the colors will be necessary to end up with an interior that is not too dark. But even without seeing it, I am sure you have something great in mind.

16. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Great choices for the interior skins. I love Houndstooth!

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I dig the color choices! Not a fan of that lighter shade of green but I think it'll look good two toned and on your wagon.

What year did the houndstooth material begin being used, do you know?

iPhone - TJJ app

18. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great job Cody! You've done some killer work.

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yah i think so to jim :D

yah its calls houndstooth. and hopedfully here in the next couple of month she'll get some color on her

Thanks , the top, top of the fins dash and the motor are going the dark green , and the rest is going the lighter green

actually it looks a little white (in the houndstooth )but its not , its a lime green that actually matches light green really well , there will be no white in the interior what so ever , well maby the shift nob but thats its , the interior is going to have a lot more of the light green in it than the dark .

thanks, it wasnt my first choice but after seeing it all together im glad im going with it .:D
    that lighter shade of green is really tricky at time if you look bak at the shot of when the speedo housing was on the dash it looks totally different than that last shot i took of it , that color flip flops soo much at time its kinda :eek: and at times it like wow .

im not shure on what year it came out but i know they have used it for some time , the hounds tooth that im ushing is from a 60 chevy interior

thank you

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I know a lot of you are probly wondering what style im actually going to do the interior since the last shot that i showed you guy was a little out there. but what i have decide really fits the theme of the car
    so it will be classy , custom, stock, a little bit of a 59 and 60 chevy all rolled into one . no tri tone and it wont be complete tuck and roll .

21. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Looking great Cody!

22. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time again , so i got the wagon up on the rotisserie, and spent the intire day cleaning up the bottom of the wagon .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank You

25. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Mm.. Rotisserie. Are you going to take advantage of that and do some stripes and paneling on the roof or is it going to be a simple 'flaked roof?

26. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Im just going to keep it simple with the dark green.

27. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

That's the sign of progress. Its looking really good. Gives me inspiration to get out and work on my stuff

28. oldman2

oldman2

That sure makes it easier to clean, looks good.....Jim

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

30. 59brokewood

59brokewood

What is that gas tank from??? Mine is shaped around the spare tire under the rear floor. I was just wondering did you modify the floor and do you have a location for the spare tire? Those tanks are high $$$ if you can find one (for me a cheap ba$tard anyway), elco and wagon only for 59 and 60 if I remember correctly...