Register now to get rid of these ads!

FLATCAD RACING Bonneville 2011 Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Jul 27, 2010.

1. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sorry to hear this,this economy has got alot of folks upside down rite now,and who knows where it's going.family comes first and good luck with your decision,hope it all works out for you

2. Jim

Jim

April fools??
    I hope, I was planning on seeing it dyno with Carl next tuesday!!
    If not, sorry to hear.

3. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

read very carefully

4. This has to be a April Fools deal !! If not, I'm depressed. I did see the add on LSR tho.

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

At least when I said I sold the Lark and Vega I meant it.

6. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I'm glad you finally came to your senses, You will be much happier with all that money in your pocket instead of in some old car you can only drive a couple times a year.
    You couldn't have made a better choice on the Nash driver also. You will never be carjacked in that.
    Oh, by the way I decided to make a yard planter out of the roadster. It should last forever what with the glass body.

7. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Jeeze Buddy, you almost got me :D!

Br
    Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

8. Lol, Duh ... I just figured this deal out. My brain is fuzz. Luv it. Betta than the NHRA's efforts.

9. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This is what it looks like when they are really leaving.

Attached Files:

10. Damn! Almost had me. Go carts and doll houses huh. Good one!

See you in May.

11. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

I DON'T BELIEVE IT BUDDY. It's got to be an April Fools day prank.

12. DAMN! I got caught! Bloody phones....I shouldn't read updates on a mobile!

13. He got me - hook, line and sinker . . . all I saw was the bold print for selling the FlatCad . . . didn't really read/comprehend a damn thing after that, was ready to hang up the welder, quit on the headers and start bitching and moaning to myself.

Good one Buddy - rotten bastard that you are! There WILL be a payback - and you won't know what or when . . . :D

14. Sunday Night Update - Dyno Headers are Done!

Just came in from the shop - was a long day of cutting, grinding, welding . . . boy am I glad I'm done!

I couldn't help myself, wanted to make them flow well and look nice - kind of a "Rams Horn" design in the end. I don't know why I needed to make dyno headers look nice - but I guess the old work ethic of "a job worth doing, is a job worth doing well" just runs through my blood. Plus - we want the girl to look good on her maiden voyage . . . we can't have it fugly now can we? :eek:

I just tacked on header collectors to the bottom of the custom collectors that Buddy had made (so they can be removed when he has real headers made for the car). I can't remember who made our custom collectors, but I will say that he REALLY knows how to make nice stuff! Want to thank him for the nice work - will have to get his eMail from Buddy.

The headers are 2.5" from the shared center port and 2" on the outside exhausts. The collector is custom to handle these different size tubes.

I also welded in O2 sensor bungs into the collector extensions - we'll need them on the dyno.

Here yah go . . am shipping them directly to Beck's tomorrow . . .

DynoHeaders4.JPG

DynoHeaders5.JPG

DynoHeaders6.JPG

Getting other odds and ends ready to head out West for the dyno -can't wait to see this engine run!

B&S

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh shit! Got me good! Buddy you suck! lol

16. Ha ha................

17. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Those headers a looking great Dale.---Was that a doll house I saw in the corner of the garage??

18. I know Buddy is a big sumbitch but he would look odd after you inserted those headers in certain orifices!:eek:

19. Sideways! :eek:

20. Sure is, I'm building it for Buddy to stay in the next time he comes over.

Now that he no longer likes cars, we have to build something else to take to Bonneville. He and I are opening up a 'booth at the Bend' to sell go carts and doll houses . . . from the back of his Nash! :D

21. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Nash??? Oh ye, that rusty old hulk out behind the barn. I wondered what he was talkin about when he said he wanted to take it to the salt. Man this has got to be the worst case of HOT ROD BURNOUT I've ever seen.

22. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Sounds exhausting!

Have you ever seen a '51 Statesman? We could sell dollhouses and go garts, open a mini-mall with a diner, and it would still be a long distance call to the sleeping quartes in the back!:eek:

We'll be on the dyno a week from today!

23. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Well, the engine is loaded in the truck! Tomorrow morning, I'll spend Easter with the kids and grandkids, then in the afternoon, I'll finish the temporary chiller tank, anfd finish loading the truck.

I'll leave at 2:30 A.M. Monday morning, and stop and see Wayno. Then it's on to Chico, where I'll pick up Dale at the airport at 11:30 P.M.

Tuesday we'll be setting the engine up on the dyno, doing electrical and the plumbing that can't be done until the engine is all together.

Wednesday we should hear and see our efforts 'come alive for the first time!

Attached Files:

24. Ok Buddy so now its wednesday for the fire up..........or will it be tuesday .........
    shit maybe I need to go both days..........
    what to do after the divorce???????

25. Vergil

Vergil

Carl, two days is better than one any time .... heck your sweet thing would probably be happy to have two days of not having you to cook for... go ... you know you can't miss it ...

26. Hey Carl: You can bet that it will take all of Tuesday just to get things sorted out, get the plumbing and electrical done and get a 'strange engine' mounted on the dyno. My guess is that it won't be fired until Wednesday -- now what time Wednesday . . . only the 'Engine Gods' know!

Hopefully we'll get to see you . . . will be a pleasure shaking you hand once again!

27. Us working guys can't get off during the middle of the week so I'll have to wait for the video. Good luck on the Wed. fire up!

April 11 is my Birthday. :D

28. Well Dale wednesday is out for me, but will make the trip up tuesday, gotta see this even if I can't hear it fire......... see ya on tues.

29. That will be a pleasure! I didn't make my flight home until Friday . . . just in case . . . :D

30. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Be sure to uppdate us other guys by the hour, starting tuesday:D!

K

Taildragger&fenderless