Register now to get rid of these ads!

15" Kelsey Hayes Wire wheels identification please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dad's 1932, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Hello , can anyone help identify these KH 15" wire wheels ? They are 5 on 5-1/2" bolt pattern (Early Ford and a few others) I have no idea what these were originaaly on and I can't seem to find any info on 15" KH wheels .

Thanks , Mike
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I had a set 30 years ago. Mine were originally chrome from the factory. I was told that they were Imperial wheels but that is only hearsay.

3. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

up top , anyone ???

4. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Imperials didnt have KH's to my knowlage, i believe they were by motor wheel co??

5. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Here is my 35 roadster I built a few yrs ago.It has the 15" Kelsey adjustable wheels on it.The 34 roadster I built which was on the cover of Jul 74 Street Rodder also has them.Adjustable meaning they can be relaced and trued.Kelsey also made 16,17 &18" adjustable wheels for Fords.I have seen also 6 lug 15" Kelsey adj wheels and they were for Chev.They were all aftermarket accessory.Motor rim and wheel also made a 16" adjustable wheel as well as a bent spoke (but 36 spokes) .The wire size is smaller on the MR&W and center hub is slightly different.The center hub on the 15 adj is the same hub as the 16" Kelsey bent (40) spoke wheel commonly seen.The 15" adj Kelsey wheels can go for about $250 ea in good cond.

Attached Files:

6. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Yep, Aftermarket for Ford. They're pretty rare

7. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Thank everyone . I got the wheels with a group of parts I sold for a friend . There were supposed to be two more of them but that will never happen . So , we have three for now. I know a set of four would be a better way to sell them so I was waiting to see if another dropped in my lap . Not likely . I kinda like them even though I am not a 15" wheel guy . They are just garage art at the moment so we will see what I do with them .
    Thanks again , Mike

8. Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  9. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Those 15" adjustable Kelsey's do show up.I have seen them on EBAY and 2 yrs ago I got one for $60 at LARS Fathers day show late on Saturday.It sat for 2 days- no one knew what it was.

10. Vintageride

Vintageride

The best candidate for fit may be a fifties Packard Caribbean.

Check the hub center too. May be larger than the GM big car wheel from that era.

Maybe someone with a Caribbean can take a look at their own wheels to verify.

Vintageride

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012

11. Maybe go to a Packard web site and post a picture?

Charlie Stephens