Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hats off to Alliance Vendor: O'Brien Truckers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Tin and New Tin, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Contacted Dennis O'Brien, Alliance vendor: O'Brien Truckers, when I found he had obtained the rights to produce and sell some of the cast items from Bitchin products. Dennis was very quick to respond to all my e-mail questions. Must be like me and stay up all night. He told me when his Bitchin battery box was going to be ready for sale and the cost. I contacted him Tuesday, ordered the battery box and received it today. Quality of the product is excellent and his customer service is outstanding. Very rare these days. Refreshing to have a vendor provide this type of service. Dennis also honored the Alliance discount. Please support the good Alliance vendors.

Attached Files:

2. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Amen to the alliance vendors. Too bad bitchin had troubles.

3. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

4. Lucky444

Lucky444

Dennis sets the standard for customer service!

I've had the same experience in my dealings with him.

5. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

That looks Great!

6. X2. He did some car club plaques for me. Great guy, great service!!

7. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Dennis & his Wife are great people.

8. yardgoat

yardgoat

Sharp box,thanks for posting,good venders...................YG

9. Rebracer

Rebracer

I bought some New Orleans car club plaques from them and couldnt have been happier with the service, great people, highly recommended!

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, O'Brien Truckers are every bit as good as people have posted. Even all the way out here in Australia the delivery time was better than local shops!
    Postage prices were something to write home about, comparable with postage from local shops! Nailhead valve covers, valley cover and plug covers all on my doorstep in no time flat.
    Then some bastard stole them but you can bet I will be ordering a new set when the time comes for them!

Doc.

11. killa fab

killa fab

I want one of the cast aluminum caddy air cleaners bitchin used to make. They gonna re-pop some of those???
    One version of it, they had finned top ones, smooth top, etc... I really want a finned top one!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  12. killa fab

killa fab

cut away pic of bitchin battery box-
    [​IMG]
    Looks cool. I'd like to have one.

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

The box is awesome. O'Briens have always been stand up guys!

14. Yes, the Caddy aircleaners are back in production with Dennis!

BTW, Dennis, I need to talk to you!

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Dennis runs a great ship..................quality parts,fast shipping, and friendly conversation if you catch him and his wife at one of the shows he attends.

Frank

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Did they ever come out with the scoop from a previous thread? Short, open front air scoop for a 4bbl.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  17. killa fab

killa fab

Oh man. That's great. Maybe he can make some other cool stuff from bitchin. He needs to update the website with new pictures of all the stuff he is making /going to make now. But i will be calling them and asking about the battery box and caddy air cleaners.

18. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Great post, thanks been lookin for a box. I will order one tommorow.

19. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Love to hear about the GOOD stories on here!!!

20. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

What happened to Bitchin Products?

21. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

X2

Tom T

22. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

23. You mean this one? If so it's on our web site.

Dennis

Attached Files:

24. killa fab

killa fab

what about the aluminum caddy filter? I want the finned top version and an optima battery box too that i saw in this thread! ha

25. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

What about the 32 dash panel???????????????
    Pictures??????

26. killa fab

killa fab

How much do the battery boxes cost?
    Guess i need to just call the folks up because i cant get his attention on here.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  27. The battery boxes are $200 as cast and ready to finish (polish, paint, powder coat....) or $350 polished.

The Old/Cad Batwing air cleaners will be $200 as cast with either the finned, plain or flamed lid.

Dennis

28. killa fab

killa fab

Thanks!
    Last questions-
    -Any break on price or could you just polish the tops of the fins on the battery box lid? Leaving the rest of the box as cast finish but with polished fins.

-And does it come with the plastic pieces and stud to extend the battery posts to outside the box with the provided holes? Like pictured here=
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  29. We could polish just the fins for a charge, but I'm afraid that in prepping the castings for paint the polishing might get screwed up. Obviously, I'd rather not have to stock a whole bunch of permutations of these boxes, or have to have customers wait while they are customized to the customer's preferences.

The battery boxes come with an aluminum protector and foam pad for under the battery, the brass studs/nuts, plastic insulators, bronze lock washers to extend the posts out of the box as shown in your picture and stainless button heads with neoprene/stainless washers to hold the cover on and red/black boots to cover the ends of your cables/post nuts.

I have changed the tooling for the cover to eliminate the word BITCHIN, replacing it with a full fin so that the cover is fully finned. Before changing the tooling I did a very limited run of BITCHIN covers and they will be sold for $250 per box - limited end of life availability - once they're gone, they're gone.

All set?

Dennis
    508-248-1555
    [email protected]