Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lookin for old pic/poster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scrounger, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Scrounger

Scrounger

Years ago there was an old speed shop that had a black/white framed poster of an old slingshot dragster at the starting line when the botom end let loose.I have saw the pic in other places so I dont think it was a local guy.I know its kind of a vauge description but does anybody know where I can get one or even the name of it,if it has one.

2. There was this one of Don Garlits.........

Attached Files:

3. Scrounger

Scrounger

I saw that while I was searchin on google but thats not it.This one was taken from in front of the car and best I can remember you can actually see parts hittin the track.Seems like its a night pic also.I appreciate the effort though.

4. F&J

F&J

On a slingshot?

Maybe you saw the famous pic, either an altered or gas class, losing the lower end?

On those types of cars, you can see what's going on under there, better than on a low slung slingshot.

5. Scrounger

Scrounger

Yeah it could possibly be.The shop I saw it in is long since gone and my memory isnt as clear as it was when I saw it in my early teens.Whatever it was had the wheels up.

6. Seems like I remember an altered roadster like that.

7. Scrounger

Scrounger

I found it thanks for the help.
    [​IMG]

I also found these that I thought were pretty cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Homemade44

Homemade44

Is this what you are looking for?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Scrounger

Scrounger

Yes it was.:D

10. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Wow. Some serious damage there. That transmission, I think is not rebuildable!!

11. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I believe that chrysler trans explosion is from the short lived neutral drop practice that chrysler was trying out,they did this because of the stall not being high enough. I also believe this is when the clutchflite came into play.

12. Moose,
    I would like to have that one full sized myself. Just gives me the willys to think about it. One can only imagine what Garlits was thinking. "Gee, how do I steer out of this? I know pull the shoot!!!"

13. Cargo

Cargo

Man that shot of Garlits really testifies to the cast iron balls it took to race a rail in those days! If you've ever sat in one of those cars with the pumpkin rubbin up real cozy next to the jewels.......... I'd a loaded up the fire suit real fast like when that happened!

14. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I remember right thats when Big Daddy lost 1/2 of his one foot and led to his 1st rear engine car.

15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yep, you're exactly right (about Garlits). I wouldn't be surprised if there is a piece of foot in that '64 Dodge pic, yikes!!

16. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Look closely! the guy in the hat has the boot in his hand!!:D