Register now to get rid of these ads!

found a factory buckets for 47-54 chevy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shtterbug8, Mar 30, 2012.

1. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

what ive got here are bucket seats from a 1954 panel truck. chevy gmc. the seats seem usable. the passanger side onlly. any idea how much these are worth? plan on placing them in the classifieds once i know how much they are worth? i dont wanna waste everyones time trying to sell something that might be overpriced but then again i dont wanna screw myself over. but then again i would like to price them in the whelm inwhich its helping my fellow hambers out.

here are the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Hey guys I have this stuff for sale so everyone look at it on the discussion forum and again,these are for sale.

Set a price and put them in the classifieds where they belong.

3. $50! they are kinda rough.

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

probably out of a panel or suburban. standard fare for those. not rare

5. squirrel

squirrel

panel, not suburban.

6. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

yes they were removed from a 54 panel. gmc.
    im not trying to sell the bucket seat yet! just trying to find out some information on it so i dont misrepresent the item inhand thus i do have it in the correct forum.
    i was told buckets for the panels were options....very interesting that i was told wrong. thanks for the info.

7. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

can someone please close this thread. ive got all the information i needed. thanks ahead of time.

8. henry29

henry29

Do you only have one?

9. there's one in my D500 stock car....one day I'll take it out....

10. saxet

saxet
    from Texas

Don't worry about pricing it too high. If no one buys, you'll know to reduce it. No one is hurt.

11. mickeymoto48

mickeymoto48

The driver's bucket was standard. The passenger seat was optional. I paid $200 for a pair of good originals.

12. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I bought a set of these from '58 Panel, so they go at least to '58, and I suspect up to '59, since they changed the body style in '60.
    I don't know if they used them in '60-up panel trucks or not.

They were standard as the driver's seat, and the option was getting a passenger seat. I don't know when they just automatically put two in the trucks, but at one time, the extra seat was an option and the vehicle was sold as a one-seater. (they could haul more cargo that way).

The last pair I saw was in a factory '55 NAPCO 4x4.
    They aren't RARE, but by now they aren't common either. Since there were a lot fewer panel trucks made than Suburbans, there have never been a lot of them.

-Brad

13. hillbillyheart

hillbillyheart
    from Calgary

i have a 58 gmc napco 4x4 panel and yes they are the fold away bomber style seats still in it