Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Cadillac people out here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greezy63, Mar 5, 2012.

1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

No attitude...most people don't bother to do a search FIRST before asking questions...

And we are not a dying breed...there's plenty of us Caddy owners around...

And IF you'd bothered to read the rest of the thread, (posts # 4-10) you would have read that Geezy63 and I worked out our "differences" and were carrying on a decent conversation...

So go back to whatever you were doing before you got off on a tangent...and get off my case...!!!

R-

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i'm a caddy people at heart,,,,,over the years i've built a 41 westergard style kustom (made into a 3 window coupe,,i used to tell the purists i "was fixing the caddy factory design flaws,,lol, owned a 56, 60, two 61s, a 62, 63, 64, 66, 70 & a 73,,,all coupes. found a cool local 62 coupe deville that MAY be for sale some day (an old guy owns it, and it sits hidden out behind his house,,,).....lots of cool caddy threads to check out here on the HAMB,,,do a search, you won't be disappointed, and you will stay busy for hours,,,,

3. greezy63

greezy63
    from So-Cal

Well Roger I havent read all of your thread ... Ill be honest I am kinda reading it as I my project progresses. Bro that brake booster under the car is TRICK! love it! I am inspired to finish off under the hood with sheet metal that looks clean too.
    About the dying breed .... Well we may not be as common as a Chevy 350 but we are here and will be here till the wheels fall off or untill all the oil spills out.

4. greezy63

greezy63
    from So-Cal

That's a bad ass Cadillac:cool:

5. teddyp

teddyp

had and have afew caddy,s alway,s a soft spot for caddy,s

6. LEFTY_

LEFTY_
    from The 702

my 63 before i sold it in october to build a model A i sure do miss it

[​IMG]

7. grease4life

grease4life

What part of so cal are you from? The Caddy Kings seem to have a lot of cars around the same vintage as yours... Unfortunately no cruises for me until the car gets running. In the middle of an engine swap. This is my build if your interested:
    http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593245

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I've had Caddies, too.

'48 Series 62 my Mom bought from Mr. Langendorf, the Bread King;
    '52 Coupe De Ville, (black) Dropped it, cleaned off some chrome, nice ride...
    '55 Coupe De Ville, (yellow) Dropped it 4", Cad wire wheels, narrow whites ('in '65)
    '56 Coupe De Ville (black) Dropped it 8", ('A' framed front, 'C'd frame rear, drove it over an open manhole, cleaned off the left lower 'A' frame! (sittin' low, shades on, actin' all cool, the..."Crash!" WTF???...

'61 Coupe De Ville (black)
    Bought it in '63 from elderly lady in Menlo/Atherton, it was sitting in front of a retired folks' apartment house, dirt all around and underneath...I found the owner's apartment, asked if I could buy it, she said "No, I don't think you'd want it. The automatic transmission went out, and Aamco wanted over $500 to fix it...My late husband bought it new for me, and there it sits."
    I asured her I could fix it, (had to show her my Journeyman's card!) and she asked if $275 would be too much...I had my bud tow it to my Grandma's in Santa Clara.
    Bought an adapter and a Schieffer aluminum flywheel, and put a '37 LaSalle box in it.
    Slow off the line, but the eyeballs I got when shifting..."Wow! Floor shift! Didja see that???"
    One of my favorite Caddies, for sure. (late 1965)

9. greezy63

greezy63
    from So-Cal

Nice

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Recently acquired a '49 Cadillac 4 dr. Back in 80s, early 90s I drove a pink (dusty rose metallic) '57 Coupe de Ville and also played in a band called Floyd and His Pink Cadillac. My name on stage was Floyd DeVille. So I was kind of a Cadillac person!

11. ed53

ed53
    from Tucson

Here is my 62. also have a 63 coupe in waiting to see if I actually do anything with it. Too many projects!

12. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Does this count?...
    [​IMG]

...if this is inside?...
    [​IMG]

13. ed53

ed53
    from Tucson

problem uploading pics

Attached Files:

14. greezy63

greezy63
    from So-Cal

bad ass!

15. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks. Mine's flashy but pretty much stock. My buddy JeremyJames is putting together a fully built 331 with lasalle trans for his Merc. Should be pretty fast.

And while I'm talking to Cadillac people...

Has anyone been able to do anything about the engine paint burning off the center exhaust ports? I used Dupont primer, base, pearl, and clear and it burned right off, lol. I've talked to a couple of other guys with the same issue. Maybe there's a secret? I think I'm going to make a cover and chrome it.

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Nope...it burns...

Did you check out my build...??? I built some stanless covers to "cover" that problem...go here & scroll: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...&highlight=the+best+55+cadillac+build&page=18

R-

17. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks for that Rog. Love your Cadillac! And congratulations on the R&C spread. I found the pics of your covers on page 36 in your thread. I've been thinking of doing a smaller cover, covers actually. One for each port thay would only cover the ports. I don't want to hide my chrome exhaust manifolds, lol.

18. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

19. jt7282

jt7282
    from Midland Tx

I have 3 cadillacs, 2 52 coupes and a 60 coupe. loved all cadillacs all my life, my grandfather had my 52 convertible and thats where my addiction started.
    [​IMG]

my 52 is being built as a mild kustom, right now i have a boatload of money in it but not a whole lot to show except a stack of parts and pieces scattered through out a shop

20. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. YUP

21. greezy63

greezy63
    from So-Cal

22. Love to see some full size shots of your 41 if you have some to post up.

23. Curly5759

Curly5759
    from Aridzona

Here are a few right after it was painted, and one from a few years later.

Curly

Attached Files:

24. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

I have two '64 Coupe DeVilles. Just got the new one in a trade yesterday. Nice car.

25. GM Mad NZ

GM Mad NZ

003.jpg
    This is my 58 extended deck hardtop.

26. Thanks for posting those up!

27. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

Don't post much as my 68 is post 1964, but I am a caddy guy. Honestly looking to find a daily driver 60s to 70s caddy. Did the math and it works out cheaper than a Prius. Having trouble finding the right one. Closest I have found in town is a 78 and I don't really want something that new and small.

My 68 is a sedan deville hardtop. Need to get to work on it.

28. Yuppers, her name is Brooklyn and she's 3 yrs old

Attached Files:

29. NORCALCUERVO

NORCALCUERVO

Do you need a hug?

30. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Depends on how you're plumbed...!!!:eek:

Took you over a month to find this...??? Are you a slow reader or what...???

R-