Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my dad. My best friend, my hero.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Mac, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Dad was a very healthy 68 year old back in November when we found out he had a inoperable, cancerous brain tumor. He passed away Tuesday night, March 27th. Dad was the real deal. True hot rodder, and an all around good man. He died having no regrets, no worries, and did everything he ever wanted to do. He truly was my best friend and my hero. I know I'll see him again, and although I hope I live a long full life, I am anxiously waiting for that day.

I LOVE YOU DAD.

[​IMG]

2. Truly sorry for your loss, Big Mac. I lost my Dad 3 years ago at 66, and like you he was my best friend and hero.

It's not something you ever get over, rather just something you learn to deal with and although small comfort now the more pain you feel over his passing the luckier you are as it indicates the strength of your relationship.

To have that bond is special, not everyone is as lucky. Take care

3. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine in '97 at age 67 and I still think of him all the time, I guess it never goes away. God rest your Fathers soul.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

So very sorry for the loss of your Dad. It sounds like he had a rich, full life and left behind a Son and family who cared about him a lot. I also believe, as you do, that we get to meet again some day, and also that you will sense his presence many times before then. He will be right there keeping an eye on you.

You have my condolences.

Don

5. daddio211

daddio211

Man, I know your pain all too well. May God bless you and your family during this rough time. If I can do anything call me.

6. 390kid

390kid

prayers sent.

7. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

sorry for your loss, i lost mine a few years ago at 67 to the same kinda crap..dads like this are what shape our lives as men..it sucks when you cant ask that simple question when you cant figure something out and he knows in about half a second, but when your doing something or working your car, little things will remind you of him..

8. Very sorry to hear of your loss. My dad was my old car mentor. He started taking me to the Old Car Festivals at the Greenfield Village Henry Ford grounds. Went on to taking me to stock car races and car shows. I feel for you. John

9. saxet

saxet
    from Texas

"... my dad. My best friend, my hero."

What an honor to you and to your dad also that this is your sentiment. God bless.

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

My deepest and most heart felt condolences,.... I lost my Dad 20 years ago,... I know the feeling,.... God bless you and your family,... You'll be on my prayer list.

11. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

Sorry for your loss, what an awesome picture you have of him doing what he loved

12. Sorry for your loss.

13. Truly sorry for your loss, it's been 14 years for me, awesome to have such great memory's of an obviously good man.

14. Sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers

15. williebill

williebill

I lost my dad in '95,and I still think of him every day. He lived a long life,made it to 86,having beaten cancer 15 years earlier. I still talk to him,and still miss his guidance and answers. Many a time I've wished I could get his help on this life shit.
    I like what you posted about your dad. He must have been a very special man.

16. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

I'm sorry to hear this and I know it can be tough. My dad passed away in 2002 at 73 years of age. He introduced me to all things concerning the automobile and constantly took time to include me and teach me things concerning this hobby. One interesting thing I noticed after he passed....... It was only then that I realized how much he had actually taught me. With him still here it was too convenient to rely on him or constantly ask for advice.

17. CanepaGirl

CanepaGirl
    from Auburn, CA

So sorry for your loss. :(

18. Sixty-two

Sixty-two

So sorry to read that, man. I truly dread the day that it happens for me.

You clearly had a special bond - cherish his memory.

19. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Sorry for your loss, lost mine about 4yrs back, although he was 90 and that's a bit different, it's never easy however!

20. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I'm very sorry for you and your family. Tomorrow we're have services for a great guy here in Tulsa. Hard for us all to lose some who was a good person and contributed to others lives. R.I.P.

21. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Sorry for your loss, My dad passed on last August and I miss him every day. I think of all that he did for me through life and hope that I can pass some of his love and wisdom on to my sons. Cancer sucks .

22. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

I'm real sorry for your loss, Mac. Dads are mighty special. Mine's been gone about 15 months now and missed questions are a daily thing. I'm trying to get his first new dragline running again(1960 American) and I could use his input and an extra pair of hands on the ol' girl. We dug a bunch of dirt thru the years, best years of my life. His shop is now mine and it needs a good cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to throw any of his saves away,lol. Your dad had a sweet little '55. Take care

23. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

24. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Sorry for your loss. I also lost my father to brain cancer/tumors in 2007 at the age of 61. I've missed him every single day of my life since then. My love for anything old and cool came from him. When I go to a car show or on the hunt for old car treasure, he's right there with me in spirit. Your Dad had good taste in cars!

25. Breaks my heart man. It really does. Take comfort in knowing he's gone home, and that you'll always be his boy.

26. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry about your dads passing. I lost my dad to cancer in 1995 and i still miss him everyday. God Bless.
    Gasser Girl

27. sololobo

sololobo

Big Mac, I feel your pain bro, my Dad was truly my automotive hero. He was a tremendous mechanic and always had sweet rides. The double nickle Chevy picture is a sweet ride. Just keep roddin and rockin with him as your hero, he will be expecting you to continue in his honor! ~sololobo~

28. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

so sorry for you loss, my dad died of cancer at 59, too young.
    It sounds you were close and did not have unsettled issues. that is truly something to be grateful for.

29. 51delivery

51delivery

Sorry for your loss. Went thru the same thing a few years ago

30. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

sorry for your terrible loss.......cherish the memories he gave you......thank god you had the time to say your goodbys......some just get a phone call......