Register now to get rid of these ads!

Move car from florida to Ma.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sp1ke, Mar 29, 2012.

1. sp1ke

sp1ke

Hello,
    I am not sure this is the right place to ask this so please let me know.
    I have a Jeep CJ% I just sold and needs to go to Edgatown,Ma. I thought maybe some of you might be headed up that way for the summer and would like to make a few extra bucks.
    thanks
    spike

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Spike, you should be able to find some Snowbird who is heading North with a motorhome who could tow a U Haul transport behind, there will be a mass exodis happening in the next few weeks. Maybe run an ad in the local Craigslist or paper.

The downside might be that your car would end up not being delivered in great condition, as it might when using a commercial professional transporter. Liability might be another issue.

Does it run? If so, what about those companies that drive a car back and forth when Snowbirds come to visit then head back home ? I have also heard people put cars on the trains to have them hauled, but not sure how far they go or where they start.

Don

3. sp1ke

sp1ke

Yes I was hoping to find someone with an empty trailer going north that could use the money and he would be a car guy so would take good care of it.
    Yes it runs and is really a nice jeep

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ah, I see. The only thing I would worry about is turning over a car to a total stranger, even with some of the transport companies there have been horror stories about the car never leaving or being delivered or damaged.

Good luck, hope it works out. Might see you at the Peace River show in April. :)

Don

5. sp1ke

sp1ke

Here is a picture for anyone interested

Attached Files:

6. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

Try UShip.com. It's an auction site that sets up shipping connections (commercial stuff to your cat) I've used it a few times and it does work well especially if you have time on your side.

7. There are 3 quality transporter here on the Hamb & we all have adds in the Hamb O Dex section where you can see plenty of feedback from fellow Hambers. Call or P.M. anyone of us for a quote. Don't trust your vehicle to an old bluehair snowbird that can't even keep his motorhome in its own lane or some Bozo from Uship.

8. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

After watching those hacks on Shipping wars, I'd be nervous about U-ship!

9. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

I had my sons Maxima shipped from Ma to Fla last year it went down on a 10 car carrier it was like around $500-$600 basiclly door to door. it would probable cost $300 to drive just for fuel and tolls

10. Tomcats30

Tomcats30

If your talking about Edgartown MA.

It's located on the island of Martha's Vineyard. You will need reservations for the streamship authority ferry around Memorial Day forward...Good Luck!