Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any good/cheap machine shops in louisville ky area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64wagon, Mar 28, 2012.

1. 64wagon

64wagon

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of any good engine machine ahops in the louisville ky area. Ive got a 170 ford 6 cylinder ou t of my 64 falcon wagon that id like to get cleaned up and gone through to make sure it's all good and ready to run with no problems. I'm pretty sure there are no major issues with the motor but really just want it cleaned and gone through just to check. And I've got a low paying job so I'm kind of on a budget. It's been apart for quite a few years now and I'm ready for it to run again. Thanks in advance, Alex

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

2. tradrod

tradrod

Auburndale. It's on Southside Drive in the South End. Been doing it forever!

3. 64wagon

64wagon

Is it auburndale auto parts? I googled it and searched through a few pages but couldnt find any specifics to know for sure or not. Its a bit of a drive out of my way just to find it.

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I usually have to choose between good and cheap regarding machine shops.
    I prefer good work.

5. 64wagon

64wagon

You know of one thats a good medium between the two?

6. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Louisville has racers ask a couple of them where they take their engines for machine work. I've been around racers all my life they almost always find a reasonable place that does good work. Cheap isn't always good.

7. Having a good one is cheaper in the long run.

8. Good and Cheap???????????????It's uusually good or cheap. Take your pick. Cheap the first time.Expensive the next.

9. 64wagon

64wagon

By cheap I mean reasonable. and what do you all think it would cost usually to do a basic clean and go through and replace rings, seals, etc?

10. Harry's machine shop just off preston. south of the outerloop. Behind Fibber MaGees bar on Pinecroft. Ford guys to the bone. Quality work. I am sure he will work with you. Kenny

11. I tell my customers good work is not cheap and cheap work is not good. Take your pick.

12. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

I've used Auburndale with good results. What is a "basic clean and go through" ? Do you mean hot tank , bore or hone and bearings etc? Kind of a vague description at least to me.

13. 64wagon

64wagon

Hot tank and whatever seals/bearings that need replaced when being hot tanked. Sorry for being vague. Im 20 years old and know just about ecerything about a car except for the motor. First time pulling a motor and putting it back together. Just trying to not screw anything up and learn through it.