Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Omaha World of wheels a few pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Mar 27, 2012.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

A few shots from the local Omaha World of Wheels. I always have fun at this show, it's kinda the first thing to do after winter, hang out, drink, see everybody at one place, usually hit some great downtown restaurants. Just a good time.
    That being said I just wasn't impressed with the overall show, too many of the same old cars that have been there the last 2-3 years and waaaaay to many brand new Corvettes.
    Anyways here's a few pic's of what did catch my eye.
    Also JHO (Jason) chopped his model A coupe while at the show. Thought I had some pic's of after the chop but I don't. I think they took about 4 1/2" out of it. Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

More pic's

Attached Files:

3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

and more

Attached Files:

4. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Last ones

Attached Files:

5. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Gary, I agree with you on alot of the same cars being there the past few years. I still had a great time. I think your 36 was my favorite car there. It is just bad ass!!! Thanks for posting pictures.

-Mike

6. richie rebel

richie rebel

nice pics,thanks for sharing......

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks

8. 73super

73super

Love the shoebox fords

9. Nice seeing you at the show, Gary. Hands down, the best car [IMHO] was the dark gray unchopped 32 five window in your photos.
    I miss having 3 floors of cars like we had at the civic auditorium.

10. alchemy

alchemy

Who owns Hagen's old coupe now? Shows an Iowa plate on it.

11. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

We think too much alike...scarey. My favorite was also the grey deuce coupe and I miss the nostalgic feel of the civic, however I love how easy it is getting in and out of Century Link

12. .....and Jason, Malcolm and da boys did a nice chop on the bare-metal model A coupe...at the show! Filled the entire room with noise of the sawz-all cutting loose metal. Came out lookin good.

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Chop photos...
    Had fun! Took 4-3/4" out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(still some work to do, obviously... tacked it securely in place to take home to finish)

Malcolm

14. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

Hey Nick, how long did the chop take. Wish I would have known about that one. I'll agree on the earlier post about the 3 levels and the civic auditorium, kinda miss that.

15. Wasn't real keen about all the bikes but, hey, I don't care about bikes. Miss the Civic, too, but wasn't real keen about all the ramps and how split up everything had to be. But at least there were more '63 Galaxie fastbacks than I've seen at a show like this in ages. Maybe if I can get off my butt and get the '55 Victoria finished it could be next year's 'fresh meat' but I've been thinking that since 1982. Best part was visiting with Malcom and watching some of the chop work - and kudos for putting that FE engine in it.

16. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Thanks for the pics, Gary. I'll chime in here too on the Civic Auditorium. I'm sentimental for it. I remember the first year I found all three levels. Riding down that escalator to the lower east room, being able to see the cars from above. Cool!! I must have been going for a couple years before I even knew that room existed. The Civic did have one drawback, the way the crammed cars in the ring under the seating area.

I heard the fire marshall was checking on compliance with the proper amount of gas in tanks? (1/3 of the way full???) Any one have troubles with this? When I showed in 2010, I didn't understand the rule being the way it was. I would think they would want the gas tank completely full. No vapor, less chance of fire.

17. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

We were talking about the gas thing also and thought the same thing. I didn't have any problems but heard a few people had to take there cars outside and remove some of the gas from there tanks. Gary

18. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

I miss the civic too but we can actually get about 100 cars more in the Qwest / CenturyLink / whatever it's called this week Center than we've ever had in the civic.

19. OMA_Turk

OMA_Turk
    from Omaha, NE

Missed the show this year, thanks for the pics !

20. My427stang

My427stang
    from Omaha, NE

I missed the show too, working on my F100. Thanks for the pics, I should have got off my butt and went!

[​IMG]

21. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

This is a thread from last year. Good show, nice thread, last year.