Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Gene Autry's '57 Caddy Kustom Eldorado Seville: John D'Agostino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

TO MY FELLOW HAMBERS:

Sorry, I haven't been able to contribute much the last few weeks as I've been dealing with some family problems.

BUT, this cool story will help make up for it !

[​IMG] [​IMG] JOHN D'AGOSTINO, and the story of Gene Autry's '57 Caddy Seville Kustom ! One of the most Legendary of all Western Movie/Radio/TV Stars, Gene Autry, the #1 Singing Cowboy of all-time, had purchased this car new for his first wife at Christmas, 1957.

Years later John discovered it, and had BILL HINES turn it into a rare, chop-top, crushed-diamond-custom-painted, show winner ! This is the story of how it all happened, by the man who made it happen...John D'Agostino !

PLUS, you'll you'll hear Gene himself singing his signature theme song on his radio show "Melody Ranch": "I'm Back In The Saddle Again" !
    Just click-on here , listen and ENJOY !

2. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

I met Mr. Autry in the late 80's at his Palm Springs Hotel. A true Gentleman was Mr. Autry, we even had breakfast together with his wife Jackie. After I had bragged how much a fan I was he took me into his Gift Shop and gave me a complete collection of his tapes with autographs, what a Gentleman.

3. Always loved this car,Johnny keeps on amazing me with his eye for design

4. As many of you know John drives his cars. I remember one year something broke on the drive to Paso Robles and he brought it in on a flat bed. and had to eat crap all week end. the first year he brought the El Do down he stayed sunday in the Park till everyone left. then drove it over to the Rodeo (Bar) and came in for a couple buckets of water to cap it off for the drive home. he was having some over heating problems but it didn't stop him from driving that beauty 250 miles home.

5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Amen to that ! John's always been exactly like you described him. He's been a friend for many years, and his stories are just perfect !

And how he found this car, and got the verification, is amazing !!
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage6.html

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

chopped51; 5_guy; marccustom; DaddyO:

Many thanks ! Never got to meet Gene, met Roy once...both great gentleman and Super Stars (before that word was even coined !)

Johnny D's eye for "gettin' it done" is remarkable !

For those who haven't heard the story yet, you're in for a real treat !
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage6.html

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net