Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Plymouth Chop by Conley Customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BettyBlue, Mar 28, 2012.

1. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

RatPink (Cadilac Conley) of Conley Customs in Arcata has taken on my 1941 Plymouth as his labor of love while I am deployed to Asscrackistan. I decided I wanted something a little different; as everyone is making full on Kustoms, Taildraggers and laying frame with these coupes. I decided to go a little more Hot Rod. I started by chopping the top 6" in the front and 5.5 in the rear. So far we have molded the rear fenders and the fronts will be molded as well.
    I updated (I being the magician, Matt McFarland of Singley Speed Shop, since the real I is deployed and can't work miracles like he can) the rear to a 9" with highway gearing and put a Cadillac powerplant in her with a 400 Auto behind it. Updated to 12 volt and built custom Lake Headers... massaged the steering and gently lowered her several inches front and rear.
    More pics to come... as she is not quite finished yet, Cadi has a few more weeks of tweaking quarter windows, drip rails, rear bumper, head and tail lights (something different) and a final repaint before Santa Maria....

Attached Files:

2. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

i see we started a thread...lol...yes this car has be a journey to say the least...im excited for the build, its awesome to build a car for some one that has faith in what i do and listen to reason...well except for the chop lol we started with a mild 3in chop till mike showed up and demanded it lower... made my job a lot harder... but i am happy with how it did turn out. now after matt work and singley the car has a great future, it hauls ass and spins a mean doughnut.... yeah now to do the stance of the car and do some final body work and throwing together for mike before its debut at santa maria this year... ill keep you guys updated on the cars build with pics and such...this car is has many involved for our homie mike aka hambs (betty-blue) while hes away serving our country in a sand box on the other side of the world. hopefully our homie will return from duty to a great reward a classic kustomized hotrod.... thanks so mike for letting be apart of your build!

ps mike, is that all the pics you have before the chop? i thought we had more of them during the chop? ill ask gimmeli for the pics he took when he visited the shop i know he took abunch....

3. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is going to be a cool project. I'm subscribed. Keep us updated!

4. elsuperchile

elsuperchile
    from Dixon, Ca

Nice work, I have one I'll be starting to wok on this summer. Subscribed. And thank you for serving.

5. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

I have MANY more Cadi... I will post up some more.

6. n847

n847

I'd love some more detailed pics of this car!