Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960 olds vin location on frame??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skenny'schopshop, Mar 25, 2012.

1. I have a clean door tag with the vin but they might ask for 2nd vin on the frame when i go to start the paper work on it just wondering where it might be located thanks.

2. juanski

juanski

it will be stampd rite on the frame!
    next question.

3. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

4. If "they" are DMV then they are not going to trust YOU for the second Vin ... they will ask you to take your car to a VIN verifier. Why do you think your car is questionable?

5. blucar

blucar

The frame VIN on my '49 Olds was stamped into the frame rail, left side under the "B" pillar... It did not appear until the chassis was sand blasted and powder coated. It has been my experience that the DMV will only ask for a secondary VIN location on the pre-war cars.. i.e cars that used engine numbers and/or serial numbers.
    Prior to putting the FatMan front clip on my Olds we very carefully looked for a secondary frame VIN on the frame rails, cross member, etc..
    In about 1949, with the exception of GM and Mopar, the majority of vehicle manufactures adopted the VIN method of identifying their vehicles.. The VIN's generally contain eng, trans, paint, plant of origin, and the production sequence number. Pre-war cars, especially FORD do not have that info within their serial numbers..

6. Brilliant!!! The frame number is on the frame. Whoda thunk it?

7. any questions call me[​IMG]